Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old June 2nd, 2013, 03:13 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Exclamation CURRENT Save Heroscape Petition: Sign it up!

So I made this petition myself today, because to my knowledge there is not a currently active one going on. It's still in the early stages, and PLEASE do not hesitate to point out my errors.

I used the Change.org platform for this petition, I figured it's better than just a thread and might more easily attract sigs from non-scapers.com members.

SIGN IT HERE

Please, sign it and link it wherever possible, in sigs, in threads, in blogs, and especially off the site in social media. The key is to get signatures from EVERYBODY who scapes, not just members of the site.

Since I made the petition on behalf of Heroscapers.com, I had to make a Change.org profile for the site. If any admins want administrative powers on that profile and/or the petition itself, PM me with your email and I'll add you to it.

A few more things. First, If anyone has emails for the people we're petitioning, TELL ME. The petition is far more likely to be a success if we have direct contact. Second, to ensure that all scapers.com users see this, is it possible that I could post this in all the forums?

Okay dudes, let's do this. Go forth!
Old June 2nd, 2013, 05:02 PM

The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby!
Re: CURRENT Save Heroscape Petition: Sign it up!

It's a nice thought, but if the first petition (with over 600 people backing it) failed to make a difference, starting a new petition won't help either. 'Scapers has lost members since the discontinuation and you would be hard pressed to reach close to 600 signatures again. If the folks at Hasbro ever decide to reboot Heroscape, it will not be because of any petition we send their way.
Old June 2nd, 2013, 05:09 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Its a nice thought but I think that were doing pretty god on our own with C3V and SoV and G3G and Week@HSers. This site and community is sturdy enough and I think we should be worrying about more spam bots entering the site than a petition. I mean sure everyone wants Hasbro to pick up Heroscape again but it isn't essential. What is essential is helping out C3V and C3G in any way that we can so that we can keep this community going.
Old June 2nd, 2013, 05:13 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Unhappy Re: CURRENT Save Heroscape Petition: Sign it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CEE View Post
It's a nice thought, but if the first petition (with over 600 people backing it) failed to make a difference, starting a new petition won't help either. 'Scapers has lost members since the discontinuation and you would be hard pressed to reach close to 600 signatures again. If the folks at Hasbro ever decide to reboot Heroscape, it will not be because of any petition we send their way.
Sigh. I know, we've lost a lot of steam. I suppose I'm an optimist at heart, whether or not that blinds me to reality is up for debate.

I just think it's a terribly depressing thought to think that this game will soon be gone, and this amazing community with it. I don't want to see that happen.
Old June 2nd, 2013, 05:19 PM
Bugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
Its a nice thought but I think that were doing pretty god on our own with C3V and SoV and G3G and Week@HSers. This site and community is sturdy enough and I think we should be worrying about more spam bots entering the site than a petition. I mean sure everyone wants Hasbro to pick up Heroscape again but it isn't essential. What is essential is helping out C3V and C3G in any way that we can so that we can keep this community going.
Also a good point. But have you seen the site statistics recently? The most users ever online was more than 3 years ago. And even so, that was only 871. And this stat is just shocking:
Quote:
Members: 44,466, Active Members: 827
Think about it. Even if I weren't opposed to using customs (just for personal use, that is, I don't really care if anyone else uses them) they obviously haven't kept the community as energetic as it once had been. My fear is that we will slowly decline until we are nothing.

When I first got into this in, oh, first, second, third grade, everybody had a RotV. Now?
Old June 2nd, 2013, 05:20 PM

The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_T-Steff View Post
Quote:
Sigh. I know, we've lost a lot of steam. I suppose I'm an optimist at heart, whether or not that blinds me to reality is up for debate.

I just think it's a terribly depressing thought to think that this game will soon be gone, and this amazing community with it. I don't want to see that happen.
Yeah, it doesn't bring me any pleasure to say Heroscape probably won't ever be back in stores. However, I wouldn't expect this community to disappear anytime in the near future. From what I've heard, the tournament scene is still healthy, especially when you include the online Heroscape events. Plus many members will stick around to continue the custom projects.
Old June 2nd, 2013, 05:25 PM
Bugger

Quote:
However, I wouldn't expect this community to disappear anytime in the near future. From what I've heard, the tournament scene is still healthy, especially when you include the online Heroscape events. Plus many members will stick around to continue the custom projects.
Maybe you're right. Still, like I said to NS, the stats are depressing.
Quote:
Also a good point. But have you seen the site statistics recently? The most users ever online was more than 3 years ago. And even so, that was only 871. And this stat is just shocking:
Quote:
Members: 44,466, Active Members: 827
Old June 3rd, 2013, 04:33 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

As much as I'd love to see Heroscape get reborn, especially if it went back to it's old style, I don't think it's gonna happen. But, the C3V/SoV is good enough for me.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 07:07 AM
Bugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
As much as I'd love to see Heroscape get reborn, especially if it went back to it's old style, I don't think it's gonna happen. But, the C3V/SoV is good enough for me.
Aargh. Alright, I admit defeat. You guys were right, it was stupid to think we would have an influence.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 07:29 AM
Bugger

Ok then, if we're not going to try to ressurect the game itself, how else do we save the community?

Without people taking action, this site is going to slowly dwindle until we're all gone. I thought that if the game went back into production, it would save the site. What else can we do now?
Old June 3rd, 2013, 09:49 AM
I probably just killed the joke - in comic sans

marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Ok then, if we're not going to try to ressurect the game itself, how else do we save the community?

Without people taking action, this site is going to slowly dwindle until we're all gone. I thought that if the game went back into production, it would save the site. What else can we do now?
Oh don't worry about that. That's years down the road and I'm sure that IAmBatman will stay with his 65,000+ posts. I am estimating that in about a year he will have around 75,000 or more.

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." - John 14:6

Old June 3rd, 2013, 10:24 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm good for another decade of C3G work at minimum. If folks want to stick around and keep hanging out with me, I'm all for it. If not, as long as I can find at least an artist to help me, I'm going to keep going.

I have sooooo much I still want to do! (And not just units either - campaigns and scenarios too).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News