Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Terrain Makers

Old April 6th, 2017, 11:44 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The Book of Stackable Buildings

These are stackable buildings my daughter designed and cut out with a laser cutter. Each story is 9 levels high.

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial playtest: quozl, quozl
  • Second playtest:
  • Third playtest:
  • Fourth playtest:
  • Art: Comic, Figure, Background
  • Art by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Last edited by quozl; April 16th, 2017 at 02:52 PM.
Old April 6th, 2017, 11:47 AM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Stackable Buildings

We ran a playtest with 2 of these buildings replacing the ones in the C3G map, X Marks The Spot, and also added some benches and boxes she designed. We attached some turbo lifts to the buildings but they were never used. The benches are one level high to get to the seating and 3 levels high going over the backrest. The boxes are 3 levels high.

Quote:
Old April 6th, 2017, 12:07 PM

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Stackable Buildings, Benches, and Boxes

Army Test
Map: X Marks The Spot with custom buildings, benches, and boxes all used as obstacles
Units: Martian Manhunter (JL), Vixen, Hawkgirl, Meggan (1000) vs. Black Canary, Batgirl (Cassandra), Speedy (Roy), Green Arrow (Oliver), Green Arrow (Connor), Hawkeye (skycycle), Donatello (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: While these buildings do give an extreme height bonus, they give a great city feel to the battlefield. The benches acted a lot like battlements you could climb on to get height and the boxes were nice bits of height in a pretty flat map.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: I like them. They really enhance the theme of superhero battles.

Quote:
Old April 16th, 2017, 11:21 AM

I ran another playtest yesterday with the buildings and the benches.

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Stackable Buildings, Benches

Army Test
Map: Custom Map with custom buildings and benches used as obstacles and 1 parked semi destructible object in the middle of the map
Units: Master Mold and 3 Sentinels (1000) vs. Magneto, Mystique, Havoc, Rover, and Destiny (1000)

We used knockback rules and a rule that if you started next to a building, you could move one space on top of the building for your entire move.

Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: The benches were used occasionally to get some height on the road. The buildings were used by everyone who could fly to get height and Destiny did use the special climbing rule at the end to hop on top of a building to attack Master Mold.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: I like them a lot. Those rows of buildings looked like we were fighting in the middle of a city and there was a lot of positioning trying to stay on buildings as we moved (and knocking figures off with Knockback). The benches are a nice thematic way to get a bit of height and have the battlefield still look like a city street.

Pictures are here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/338945...57681790430075

Pictures of this battlefield are at the end.

Quote:
Old April 6th, 2017, 02:19 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Was the reason why you never used the Turbo Lifts because no one went into the buildings or because only flying/special movement figures did?

I really like the idea of having benches on a city street or in a park, I know I've looked at them for doll houses and other things before but felt the one I found in a store were too big in scale. Really like the boxes/crates too. I could see a warehouse or a dock filled with them and those come in all sizes and shapes in real life. We created some Crate/Container/Canister DO's for HoSS and they are really fun to use.
Old April 6th, 2017, 05:42 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Really like the boxes/crates too. I could see a warehouse or a dock filled with them and those come in all sizes and shapes in real life. We created some Crate/Container/Canister DO's for HoSS and they are really fun to use.
And I've drafted some small and Large Crates that I'm planning on running soon as well. Check out my thread.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 6th, 2017, 02:21 PM

Yeah, it was only flying and grappling figures that went on top of the buildings (and one archer Hawkeye carried up). If we had more figures, I'm sure the turbo lifts would have been used.

Quote:
Old April 6th, 2017, 04:52 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Really cool!
Old April 16th, 2017, 12:54 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Stackable Buildings

Very cool, love the pics.

I like how the top is capped for maximum hexes. We did this with our custom buildings. I see you remove the base for the first floor to expose the hexes nicely.

Hard to find much fault in these. I guess I would want to jazz them up with some art or windows and doors.

The move to the top is interesting. Pretty close to what Conan has naturally.
We always had at least one Boom Tube on the ground level to help ground pounders get to the top.

I could see ladders, or turbo-lift or maybe a stairs or elevator glyph.
For some reason for these I feel like some sort of fire escape would be cool.

Nice work!
Old April 16th, 2017, 01:37 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Your Mastermold looks a lot like mine...only mine is blue...

Wow you printed a lot of those and some crates as well. They look to be the same size as the crates I have ready to go in my design thread.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 16th, 2017, 01:50 PM

Did you engrave the hexes on the base? Forgot to mention how sweet that looks.
Old April 16th, 2017, 02:50 PM

Yep, the hexes are engraved on. The large Iron Man figure is one of those large Marvel figures for $10 they sell in most stores. I use it for Master Mold, Galactus, Anti-Monitor, and the like. The smaller Iron Man figure was from Burger King and we used it for Rover this game.

Quote:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Terrain Makers