Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old June 18th, 2006, 01:59 AM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
YagyuNinja's Custom Units - Achilles

6/22/10

6/17/10 - Need help costing this guy and checking my power wording for problems.

2/10/10 - Ahah! Bonding for Nilfheim and Charos finally arrives!

4/24/08 - Thanks Karkadinn.

1/26/07 - Added Sgt. Darke Aleksander

1/23/07 - Added Master Xiao Jing Ling.

No updates for a while I know. I recently ordered a bunch of MK and D&D minis though, so I'm ready to start up again.

KentonSama is another member of the legendary and powerful Triumvirate of the MWAA. The idea with his card is that we have a ranged warlord, a tank warlord, and support warlords, but not an offensive warlord. I think he might be undercosted, but I haven't played him at all.

Well, I normally wouldn't do this, but I found these little starwars minis at a garage sale down the street. Vader was actually the first custom I ever made, since I was trying to get my brother in law to play and being able to use the Darth Vader lego guy he had was enough enticement to get him to play.

I've played him a few times and it seems like he's worth his points. I wanted him to be able to destroy groups of little guys and be able to hold his own against bigger dudes. Also, he had to be very slow and plodding.

Ok, fixed the picture. I basically wanted more vikings and have always loved the idea of all-singing/all-fighting warriors. As he is worded now, his death defy only affects the Tarn Vikings and the MacDirk Warriors. His warrior move enhancement affects many more though, including all the Kyrie.

I had some manatees that were in the center of bars of soap that I got at the Oregon coast some years back and they were a good scale. And manatees rock. So here you go: a manatee and Nathaniel, Lord of the Sea Cows.

I'm planning on making a bunch more MWAA units in the future. I'm not sure if the manatee's special abilities are too powerful, but he's easy to take out if you have ranged units or the guy being tied down has a special...

What do you think?

Last edited by yagyuninja; June 22nd, 2010 at 06:44 PM.
Old June 18th, 2006, 09:33 AM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
These are some great unit graphically stat wise and wording keep up the good work

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old June 18th, 2006, 11:38 AM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Thanks!

And thanks for omitting the phrase "but they are totally ridiculous" from your reply

I realize they are, and that no one but me (and a few select friends) would be interested in using them necessarily. I do wonder what kind of effect they might have on a game though. Guess I should probably playtest my own customs...
Old June 18th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
I'm gonna give these a try i have a family gathering and were having and HS tourney, customs allowed. I think my little cousins would love these guys

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old June 19th, 2006, 05:27 PM

Cool! I used them yesterday with the knights and they did alright. They weren't as powerful as I thought, but they did delay the romans and 4th mass enough for my knights to get 'em.
Old June 21st, 2006, 08:17 PM

Rhydderch has disabled reputation
LoL! That Viking Skald pic is the funny! I have a skald in the works but have not been able to find a good figure. Maybe I should take a closer look at Thorgrimm! =P

The extra movement for the warriors will be a welcomed addition for the warriors I'm sure! You may want to increase his point cost since he does affect quite a few figures. Since his song affects a 4 space radius and more figures you may also want to increase the die roll for a successful Defy Death. I would say 17 or 18 would be good numbers. Changing his attack to 3 will also help balance him a little.

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett, Discworld
Old June 22nd, 2006, 01:07 AM

Miniature Geek is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by YagyuNinja
Thanks!

And thanks for omitting the phrase "but they are totally ridiculous" from your reply

I realize they are, and that no one but me (and a few select friends) would be interested in using them necessarily. I do wonder what kind of effect they might have on a game though. Guess I should probably playtest my own customs...
Dude, you've seen my thread, I know because you've posted in it.

I use digimon, and I have a buzz lightyear custom, I'd use your customs, maybe not the manetee, because mainly I play figs for looks, and well, I think manitees are ugly, not your model mind you, I think the real creatures are ugly, and not ugly in a good way.

I hope that didn't come off as dissing your work, I think your stuff is cool, and as for using a legoman I've often times thought of making a lego man custom, infact while I was at work today I thought about making rules for a lego exoskelton that could be piloted and modified.

Your music's bad and you should feel bad.

My Customs

Better Posting and You Revisited.
Old June 23rd, 2006, 01:15 PM

Lego exoskeleton...that would be cool. Have you heard of Lego Factory? You can design your own lego using their 3-d lego modeling program (which is a pain in the behind) and then order it. They send you the parts and instruction manual created from your design, and then other people can order it from their site. I love the idea, but I still haven't gotten the hang of the modelling program.

As soon as I do, I'm going to make cannons and other terrain stuff for heroscape.
Old June 24th, 2006, 12:30 AM

Miniature Geek is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by YagyuNinja
Lego exoskeleton...that would be cool. Have you heard of Lego Factory? You can design your own lego using their 3-d lego modeling program (which is a pain in the behind) and then order it. They send you the parts and instruction manual created from your design, and then other people can order it from their site. I love the idea, but I still haven't gotten the hang of the modelling program.

As soon as I do, I'm going to make cannons and other terrain stuff for heroscape.
Sounds sweet to me good luck with that.

Your music's bad and you should feel bad.

My Customs

Better Posting and You Revisited.
Old June 27th, 2006, 06:41 PM

OK Rhydderch, I changed a couple things around.

I raised the die roll for death defy from 15 to 16 and limited it to only human warriors (tarn and macdirk).

I spruced up the picture too, but I just now noticed I forgot the fog! D'oh!
Old June 27th, 2006, 06:54 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
LORD OF THE SEA COWS!!!?????

That is frickin' hilarious!
Old July 11th, 2006, 09:02 PM

I'm glad you like it Reaper. I just watched Equilibrium again a day or two ago. SO good. I love how everyone I show it to says "Why haven't I even head of this movie!?!?"

Also, added Darth Vader.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards