Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Old August 4th, 2006, 08:56 PM

Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker
Ijust went to Walmart and I found a nice space for the Castle set next to the other expansions, it was labled Herocape Tower Set, and I thought close enough. I was even moivng around things to make sure they would have the perfect amount of room for it. This ROCKS!!!!

Never negotiate the truth. - Serj Tankian

Trade List: Please contact with offers. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ostcount=10010
Old August 4th, 2006, 09:06 PM

gibberish_47 Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-Bak-Na
...I was even moivng around things to make sure they would have the perfect amount of room for it. This ROCKS!!!!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who re-aranges the Heroscape stuff in stores.

Old August 4th, 2006, 09:28 PM

countblah has disabled reputation
For my fellow Canadians...Here is your Wal-Mart Update.

I was in the southside Regina Wal-Mart, and I arrived right when the Wal-Drones were putting the pieces of paper up on the shelves with tape to show what the layout would look like next week. Sure enough, there were spaces for
HEROSCAPE MASTER SET
HSCP EXPANSION
HSCP LARGE FIGURE B.

What this means yet, not sure. But this is a great sign. Wal-Mart just started carrying the stuff, and they'll have this stuff out next week. Not sure about the castles, but hey, just trying to get a little bit behind the times.
Old August 4th, 2006, 09:36 PM

Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibberish_47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-Bak-Na
...I was even moivng around things to make sure they would have the perfect amount of room for it. This ROCKS!!!!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who re-aranges the Heroscape stuff in stores.
I'm sure plenty of us do it.

Never negotiate the truth. - Serj Tankian

Trade List: Please contact with offers. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ostcount=10010
Old August 4th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!
I HATE KANSAS!!!!! We just got RV and TT. Master sets are 40 everywhere. West side of Wichita never had EOV sets. No space for castles. No sale on RttFF and I wanted one so I paid 20. Sandra just gained a 200 dollar sale because walmart sucks big time in KS.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old August 5th, 2006, 12:33 AM

-Zim- has disabled reputation
Damn, after reading this it makes me sad. I had enough saved up to get 2 castles from Hasbro as soon as it showed up and now RTTFF are down to 15 bucks in some spots. Honestly if they are like that here I might have to lie about my age and donate blood to get enough cash to get some trees

Old August 5th, 2006, 12:57 AM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!
Three $15 RtFF's on the shelf in Garner, NC Walmart. I grabbed one. No spaces for castle set that I could see.

Local Target had all Wave 4's and 3 Tundras. Picked up my first Tundra set! The kids were thrilled.
Old August 5th, 2006, 01:20 AM

chewbaccapits is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
So...

Opon reading all of this Wal*Mart stuff, I decided to gouge my eye out and go to the nearest one....You see I hate wal*mart but if they happen to have the castle expansion, I look past it and go.....Well, sure enough, like the reports say, they are making shelf space with the tags that read TOWER 24.95....Now, the coolest thing was that I stumbled upon this inventory list...Unfortuantely, in my haste, I grabbed the wrong one, but I did read HEROSCAPE-TOWER- on another sheet exactly like this one.....Note, look at the bottom of the list circled in red.......It does read confidental, so if the mods. feel it is wrong to have this up here, then by all mean, please remove it...

Raaaawwww
Old August 5th, 2006, 04:47 AM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
8-7-06 huh..... interesting, very interesting
Old August 5th, 2006, 05:15 AM

Venom has disabled reputation
Re: So...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbaccapits
Opon reading all of this Wal*Mart stuff, I decided to gouge my eye out and go to the nearest one....You see I hate wal*mart but if they happen to have the castle expansion, I look past it and go.....Well, sure enough, like the reports say, they are making shelf space with the tags that read TOWER 24.95....Now, the coolest thing was that I stumbled upon this inventory list...Unfortuantely, in my haste, I grabbed the wrong one, but I did read HEROSCAPE-TOWER- on another sheet exactly like this one.....Note, look at the bottom of the list circled in red.......It does read confidental, so if the mods. feel it is wrong to have this up here, then by all mean, please remove it...
fight the system.

"you have bled with wallace, now bleed with me."

Old August 5th, 2006, 08:48 AM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjee
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
Wow...that's a good price. I literally have an envelope stamped and ready for tomorrow's mail, in which I am giving Sandra over 160 dollars for Thora's, two castles, and three snow. Now I'm having second thoughts......grrrr.....what to do what to do.

On the one hand, I KNOW I will get the stuff no problem if I order it from Housemouse, and I'll have a set of Thora's reserved....who knows when that will show up at stores? Plus I've already stamped the letter....I'll have to go get that off and that's just a pain.

On the other hand, this would save a lot of money...enough that I could probably pick up more stuff......oh Wally World, why must you taunt me so?

Best case scenario would be for HMG to drop its price, like right.....now! (checks) Nope. Okay....NOW! (checks) Darn it.

I'll sleep on it. In the morning, when I do my grocery shopping, I'll take the letter with me. I'm betting I'll drop it in the postbox, but I need to think about this a bit first.
Ok, so by my calculations, your HouseMouse order is $162 to your door for:
2 Castles (Walmart price of $25.49ea for $50.9
1 Thoras wave (Walmart price of $9.99ea for $39.96)
3 Tundra's (Walmart price of $19.99ea for $59.97)
Walmart total $150.91. Saves you $11. Maybe I'm high, but that doesn't quite calculate to "a lot of money" to me. Am I missing something?

There are so many reasons why I would rather order from Sandra than buy at Walmart. And I would hate to hear about a bunch of people dropping Sandra's good will and dedication.

Considering your view posted in another thread, I would hope you would mail that envelope.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...?p=44503#50247
I don't have sales tax like that, so the savings would be more than enough to buy a small expansion pack and have money left over, which is why I was hesistant. As it worked out, I ended up not having to go out that way on Friday, so I'm waiting to mail it either today or Monday depending on how my schedule works out....but it is getting mailed. I decided I'll just get use the Wal-Mart price to get my third and fourth castles, should I feel the need for that many. It's pricier, but I don't want to take the gamble that my local Wal-Marts won't get enough...there's space on the shelf but if I don't get there when they come in, or they only order one set, I might get screwed. HMG it is!

That said, I dislike the idea of loyalty to one store or another.....I've always tried to shop where my dollar goes furthest. I justify the higher cost of HMG for the guaranteed availability and service, not because I feel some sense of devotion to them. If Wal-mart came along and were a twenty-dollar savings, or a thirty-dollar savings, I would switch in a heartbeat, and I cannot be persuaded that there's anything wrong about that. I love HMG....Sandra is a very nice supporter of this game, and her store is well laid out and well run. I also love Wal-Mart....cheap prices and convenient locations, but I'm not loyal to them either. If Target is cheaper I go there.....if the local mom and pop drug store is cheaper I go there.....etc. My two cents. But all you HMG loyalists can rest easy, I'm buying from your store.

I like the thought that I may be able to get castles on Monday? Wow....hopefully that's true. Might cause me to pick up a third castle right away, just to use it in my next game before HMG can get the stuff to me. Hmm....I wonder if they will get wave five in too? Would rock to get my extra commons for nine bucks a pop.
Old August 5th, 2006, 09:33 AM

Pathdoc is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Zim-
Honestly if they are like that here I might have to lie about my age and donate blood to get enough cash to get some trees
As the medical director of a blood collection center, please don't do this!

In the US, no blood centers pay for donations. Plasma centers will but they usually require some form of government issued ID to prove age and identity.

A great place to stay in the Smoky Mountains: www.magnificent7cabin.com

Good Traders
stay_golden_PONYBOY
fil

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales