Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old October 8th, 2022, 05:12 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: [Pod 0] Honored Soul-Guides (Lantern Geists) - Design

They sound super tempting to run with range. Nabbing height with the soul guides and then steadily teleporting into position will be quite powerful. I'd also be tempted to use them with low move melee like Cathar or Sacred Band. Obviously I'm aware you're only teleporting 1 figure in at a time but if it's halfway across the map and onto height... it could be quite powerful.

I don't think it's gamebreaking in reality but it is unique and interesting and something I'd want to try.
Old October 8th, 2022, 08:52 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

An alternative is to allow placement next to "another Soul Guide you control", so even when the first one is destroyed that last one still has some utility.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 9th, 2022, 08:23 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
An alternative is to allow placement next to "another Soul Guide you control", so even when the first one is destroyed that last one still has some utility.
Feels less thematic and intuitive, but I wouldn't be completely against trying it if they proved weak/frustrating in testing because their ability turns off once one dies.

However, I'll also point out that 2A and 6/7D are respectable stats when combined with Stealth Flying. That's just a very powerful ability and I could see a single Guide doing some decent work in cleanup if the first one dies early.
Old October 9th, 2022, 10:28 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

6 or 7 defense is definitely a lot, and it makes the teleporter power more palatable. I'd be willing to experiment with that and even 1 attack, to make their roles clearer. I'd also be fine with the same-guide teleport; it doesn't feel any less thematic to me given that the guides are presumably capable of leading spirits individually as well. I'd lean towards testing it without that first, though.

I do wonder if we might hit a critical mass with movement powers. We have a healthy dose of special movement in the box already, and the revival power was at least some form of synergy with the disparate unique heroes (though of course, since only one player could take them at a time, that isn't necessarily a good thing). Not saying that we shouldn't change the power set here, just trying to keep a pulse on the broader box.
Old October 9th, 2022, 07:13 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Yes, revival and movement are two themes we are/will be hitting on a bunch. I think it's fine to have a few of each, as long as we don't go overboard with either. (Also, AoA pending, revival felt like a fitting theme amid the set IMO.)

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 9th, 2022, 09:17 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I would say that with this being pod 0, and the most important bit to get across the finish line, we shouldn't worry too much about overcrowding the set. Maybe as we get closer to the end; that's just my 2c
Old October 19th, 2022, 03:23 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I propose we update the OP with the below and then move to Editing:
HONORED SOUL GUIDES

Species Undead
Unique Squad
Class Guides
Personality Stoic
SIZE HEIGHT Medium 5

LIFE 1 (2 figures)
MOVE 5 / BASIC 7
RANGE 1 / BASIC 1
ATTACK 2 / BASIC 2
DEFENSE 6 / BASIC 7

POINTS 50

JOURNEY THROUGH THE SPIRIT WORLD

Once per turn, when a figure you control moves adjacent to a Soul Guide while moving normally, you may place that figure adjacent to a Soul Guide you control. That figure may then continue its movement. Figures moved by Journey Through the Spirit World never take leaving engagement attacks.

STEALTH FLYING
When counting spaces for an Honored Soul Guide's movement, ignore elevations. An Honored Soul Guide may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. If an Honored Soul Guide is engaged when it starts to fly, it will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
@NecroBlade @Pumpkin_King @Astroking112 @All Your Pie @flameslayer93 @Captain Stupendous @Knox

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; November 10th, 2022 at 11:46 AM.
Old October 19th, 2022, 03:32 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That draft looks good to me (although Soul Guide shouldn't be hyphenated in the Stealth Flying power)
Old October 19th, 2022, 07:47 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Looks good to me.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old October 20th, 2022, 07:38 PM

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 21st, 2022, 04:25 PM

Good with me!
Old November 10th, 2022, 11:46 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
I propose we update the OP with the below and then move to Editing:
HONORED SOUL GUIDES

Species Undead
Unique Squad
Class Guides
Personality Stoic
SIZE HEIGHT Medium 5

LIFE 1 (2 figures)
MOVE 5 / BASIC 7
RANGE 1 / BASIC 1
ATTACK 2 / BASIC 2
DEFENSE 6 / BASIC 7

POINTS 50

JOURNEY THROUGH THE SPIRIT WORLD

Once per turn, when a figure you control moves adjacent to a Soul Guide while moving normally, you may place that figure adjacent to a Soul Guide you control. That figure may then continue its movement. Figures moved by Journey Through the Spirit World never take leaving engagement attacks.

STEALTH FLYING
When counting spaces for an Honored Soul Guide's movement, ignore elevations. An Honored Soul Guide may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. If an Honored Soul Guide is engaged when it starts to fly, it will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
@NecroBlade @Pumpkin_King @Astroking112 @All Your Pie @flameslayer93 @Captain Stupendous @Knox
Well I think this proposal passes. @NecroBlade please update the OP and move this thread to Editing. Or whatever the next step is; I forget our exact process for AotV.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs