Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old November 13th, 2021, 12:36 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Vydar's Custom Units Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
OH! I was losing that in translation somewhere. That's incredibly easy then. Works for me!
Is the wording clear or did you misread? The syntax might need clarification.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old November 13th, 2021, 01:14 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Syntax is fine I think. I skipped over the word "any" in that sentence describing when an animated armor moves and they stop having no hitzones. Just a misread in a paragraph.
Old November 13th, 2021, 01:20 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Another option could be that they start with a Grey "Inanimate" marker on their card. As long as that marker remains, they cannot be targeted by any attack or special attack (nor can they move or attack themselves).

Instead of attacking with a wizard you control, he may instead remove the "inanimate" marker from all Animate Armor you control. When the inanimate markers are removed from your AA, immediately take a turn with up to 3 of them (if possible) who are within 8 spaces of the wizard that removed the markers.

The syntax in this version of the power is bad, but you get the idea.

Depends on the map size, but on larger maps I could see "Line the Hall" needing to be expanded to 10 or even 12 spaces.
Old November 13th, 2021, 01:29 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Regardless, I just bought 5 of these. They're hard to find! This custom is gonna be fun when it's ready
Old November 25th, 2021, 03:17 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Update! Card for Nefta! 2 New Concepts!

NEFTA THE KYRIE WARRIOR: Glyph of Sturla adapted to a Kyrie's Aura power.
Spoiler Alert!

WISTARI: Wood giant archer.
Spoiler Alert!

SEASONAL AVATARS: Quartet of Eladrin, the Avatars of the four seasons.
Spoiler Alert!

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
Old November 25th, 2021, 11:39 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Vydar's Custom Units Thread: UPDATE 11/25/21

I really like what you're trying to do with Wistari; Impaling Arrow Special Attack is a fun power for a fitting sculpt, and the ability to extend jungle pieces' defense-boosting ability has great merit on the right map. However, I see a potential problem with Among the Green: the Eilan Sidhe's Nature's Protection power makes destroying them unduly difficult for Wistari to fight once they close the distance. Furthermore, because it's Wistari's power that is making her spaces act like trees, the idea that Wistari protects hostile sidhe from her own attacks while they try to kill her is thematically jarring.
Old November 25th, 2021, 11:40 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Nefta is feeling much more enjoyable now. However I shy away somewhat from the revive affecting enemy figures. Should be a fun one to playtest. With a 1/10 unmodified chance of revival, I suppose that leverages the 1/20 destroying of ‘any’ figure within 3 spaces.

Wistari. That is one vicious looking arrow. I really like Impling arrow. It’s the same as Rhogar’s small fire line but useable across range! Among the green is very cool too. Though it is a stretch, I do enjoy playing with ideas to help terrain specific units thrive elsewhere, and if successfully done, is very tempting for home play additions.

The seasonal Eladrin are an ambitious project. I only wish the winter Eladrin was similar price to the other. Love that model. I can’t help but personally want to see the orange mini as Fall instead of red. I can see Fey step potentially being reused. Will have to check that wiki a little more for ability ideas.

If you’re wanting to keep the quad synergy that way, I could see it quickly petering out once one of them dies. Maybe it’s not as bad as might be imagined, but something to keep in mind for leveraging. My first thought was if they had a season marker that got passed around when activated, changing something of the nearby area of each one.

All in all, nice update.

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; November 26th, 2021 at 12:42 AM.
Old November 27th, 2021, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails
I really like what you're trying to do with Wistari; Impaling Arrow Special Attack is a fun power for a fitting sculpt, and the ability to extend jungle pieces' defense-boosting ability has great merit on the right map. However, I see a potential problem with Among the Green: the Eilan Sidhe's Nature's Protection power makes destroying them unduly difficult for Wistari to fight once they close the distance. Furthermore, because it's Wistari's power that is making her spaces act like trees, the idea that Wistari protects hostile sidhe from her own attacks while they try to kill her is thematically jarring.
Thanks for the feedback. IMPALING ARROW is definitely the strong part of the design. I'm glad you pointed out the issue with opposing Eilan Sidhe, I didn't even think of that.

Quote:
AMONG THE GREEN
Friendly figures consider spaces currently occupied by Wistari as Trees. If Wistari is adjacent to a Jungle Piece, friendly figures also consider spaces currently occupied by her to be Jungle Pieces.
This should fix your concern.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchismaticSounds View Post
Nefta is feeling much more enjoyable now. However I shy away somewhat from the revive affecting enemy figures. Should be a fun one to playtest. With a 1/10 unmodified chance of revival, I suppose that leverages the 1/20 destroying of ‘any’ figure within 3 spaces.

Wistari. That is one vicious looking arrow. I really like Impling arrow. It’s the same as Rhogar’s small fire line but useable across range! Among the green is very cool too. Though it is a stretch, I do enjoy playing with ideas to help terrain specific units thrive elsewhere, and if successfully done, is very tempting for home play additions.

The seasonal Eladrin are an ambitious project. I only wish the winter Eladrin was similar price to the other. Love that model. I can’t help but personally want to see the orange mini as Fall instead of red. I can see Fey step potentially being reused. Will have to check that wiki a little more for ability ideas.

If you’re wanting to keep the quad synergy that way, I could see it quickly petering out once one of them dies. Maybe it’s not as bad as might be imagined, but something to keep in mind for leveraging. My first thought was if they had a season marker that got passed around when activated, changing something of the nearby area of each one.

All in all, nice update.
I think the ability to revive opponent's figures is necessary for the balancing of Nefta. 1) Its how the Glyph of Sturla works. Indiscriminate ResurrectionTM It also creates decisions in how you place her. Is she aggressive enough to cover your screen but then maybe some of your opponent's front line? Is she only covering your ranged squads behind the screen? Unfortunately, this makes her as usable as Runa, but I like the hole she fills in canon.

I think you might be right about AMONG THE GREEN. That might be the kind of power an Ent would have, not a Wood Giant. I want the second power to evoke how Wistari belongs and is at home in the deep forests of the world(s) and I might have gotten bogged down in Sidhe synergy. I may just need a different second power. I'm open to ideas.

Yes, the Seasonal Avatars is pretty ambitious, that's why I'm showing them off in such a state of infancy. I know Winter is more expensive than the rest, but I'm not overly concerned for my personal table.

The way I envision the SEASONAL CONTINUUM power only really drops in power when the 2 are dead. For Example:

OM1: Winter
OM2: Spring (gets AVATAR OF SPRING power because Winter went before him)
OM3: Summer (gets AVATAR OF SUMMER power because Spring went before him)
OMX: Autumn (gets extra turn with SEASONAL CONTINUUM, and gets AVATAR OF AUTUMN power because Summer went before her)

Then Spring dies. Next round...

OM1: Summer
OM2: Autumn (gets AVATAR OF AUTUMN power because Summer went before her)
OM3: Winter (gets AVATAR OF WINTER power because Autumn went before her)

Then Winter dies. Next round nobody gets their AVATAR of [SEASON] powers because the season that preceded them is dead.

So yes, you lose your extra activation when one dies, but the real power drop is going to be when the AVATAR powers don't meet their requirements. (Obviously the AVATAR powers aren't written yet, but this is my vision.) This makes them similar to the Elven Wizards in that their power drops as they die.

I envision them to be at Heirloom or Skahen levels of power (B+ to B tier) individually, and the Avatar powers put them on Kaemon or Cyprien's tier (A to A-). This all checked by only getting 1 OM per round. Who knows if I can execute that coherently, but I'm gonna try.

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
Old December 1st, 2021, 02:41 PM

Added OHS figures!

Vydar_XLIII's Customs

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
Old February 17th, 2022, 05:34 PM

@Just_a_Bill , replying to your post from Help with Wurdz over here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
Quote:
IMPALE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special, Attack 4.
Choose 8 spaces in a straight line from NAME. Choose 1 figure at least 4 spaces away from NAME on the chosen line spaces to attack. Any figures both adjacent to the chosen figure and on the chosen line spaces are affected by Piercing Shot Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.
This is a cool special (and yes, a really nice figure). I'm late to the party, but something that confused me on first read was how there could be two additional targets. This is because I was envisioning the chosen figure being the one I am conceptually aiming at. In reality I'm "choosing" the one standing right behind the one I'm aiming at, which is a bit counterintuitive. It works with splash attacks like flamethrowers and grenades and such, but doesn't make sense with an arrow (unless Yondu is whistling it around).

So I brainstormed a possible alternative, which may be better or worse; take it for what it is, or isn't.

Also, I appreciate the desire to incorporate a realistic arrow angle. If you can live with the closest target being 2 spaces away rather than 3, then this can be simplified using the word "non-adjacent" instead of another range of numbers.
Choose 8 spaces in a straight line from NAME. Choose a non-adjacent figure on one of the chosen spaces to attack. Any figures on the chosen line that are 1 or 2 spaces behind the chosen figure are also affected by Piercing Shot Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.
If the minimum distance of 3 is important, you could try this less-conventional-but-more-intuitive wording:
Choose a figure on a straight line from NAME that is 3 to 8 spaces away to attack. Any figures in that straight line that are 1 or 2 spaces behind the chosen figure are also affected by Piercing Shot Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.
Finally, there is an approach that doesn't require the main target to be on a Mimringy line in those cases where you are willing to give up the secondary and tertiary targeting option:
Choose a figure 3 to 8 spaces away to attack. If that figure is in a straight line of spaces from NAME, any figures in the same line that are 1 or 2 spaces directly behind the chosen figure are also affected by Piercing Shot Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.
So this lets you fire at any one figure at any angle, like other archers, but if you can manage a "clean" angle that's straight down a run of hexes ("with the grain," so to speak) then you can affect up to two more targets.
Thanks for putting so much thought into my power. I've designed the rest of the card since that post. See "Wistari" in the OP or a few posts back.

As written the minimum distance is 4, not 3. So pulling it in to be "non-adjacent" as your first version suggests is a bigger change than I think you thought. That said, I don't mind it and I will probably test her with that range at some point. I can see her crouching or shooting from one knee and reducing the angle that way.

I don't understand the point of your third version. Wouldn't you just use her normal attack at that point? (I figured it out. Its because you only saw the power in a vacuum, not the rest of the card.)

My biggest issue with your versions is the word "behind." I don't think there is precedence for this term and it is therefore unclear. You're using "behind" to mean "farther away from Wistari than," which is more clear but is more of a mouthful. However, when I plug that whole phrase in, I like the result. I think the targeting in this version is more intuitive and I think I'll use it moving forward. Thanks!

Quote:
IMPALING ARROW SPECIAL ATTACK (Original)
Range Special, Attack 4.
Choose 8 spaces in a straight line from Wistari. Choose 1 figure at least 4 spaces away from Wistari on the chosen line spaces to attack. Any figures both adjacent to the chosen figure and on the chosen line spaces are affected by Impaling Arrow Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

IMPALING ARROW SPECIAL ATTACK (Edited)
Range Special, Attack 4.
Choose 8 spaces in a straight line from Wistari. Choose 1 figure at least 4 spaces away from Wistari on the chosen line spaces to attack. Any figures on the chosen line spaces that are 1 or 2 spaces farther away from Wistari than the chosen figure are also affected by Impaling Arrow Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps

Last edited by Vydar_XLIII; February 17th, 2022 at 05:36 PM. Reason: I figured it out...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards