Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old November 21st, 2020, 06:43 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Knockback Optional Rules

Thanks for that! That means the safest place from Reed is hiding in the corner of the map.
Old November 21st, 2020, 10:57 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Hmm. I'm don't like that ruling.

I agree with the ruling of mechanic first. But I believe the interpretation here is flawed. In this instant the mechanic to "move" is broken before the movement occurs by MrFs Rubberwrap that says the figure may not move. so there is no opportunity for the figure to move off the map at all as the movement is prevented before occurring. As such because the movement is stopped before using the full Knockback movement therefore SS must take one unblockable attack. Further (in my opinion) to this example, because SS is prevented from moving, MrF does not take the Knockback damage as SS couldn't move into him either.
Old November 21st, 2020, 11:12 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Updated with @Karat 's changes.

However I changed this part:
Quote:
If you are unable to move the defending figure due to another figure, special power, glyph, destructible object, an obstacle, or change in elevation, roll for Knockback Damage (KD). If a Knockback would cause a figure to move off of the map, place the figure on the last available space on it could legally move onto before it would move off the edge of the map and do not roll for KD. Figures will not receive leaving engagement attacks during Knockback and are susceptible to falling damage. Determine falling damage after Knockback has been resolved.
as "last available space on the edge of the map" sounded too ambiguous or that the map should just be all the tiles in a row.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fret_gurglo View Post
Fair enough. How about another question then (actually more of a clarification).

Knockback rules
Quote:
KNOCKBACK
When a figure with the Super Strength power attacks an adjacent figure with a normal attack and the adjacent figure does not ignore the attack, after damage has been resolved, determine Knockback.
I am assuming that this is to reference figures that can dodge without having to roll dice. However they do not mention "ignore attack" but instead use the wording of "take no damage" or "block all damage".

Quote:
SPIDEY-SENSES 9
If Spider-Man is attacked and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. Subtract 4 from the roll if the attacking figure is a Symbiote. If you roll 9 or higher, Spider-Man takes no damage and may immediately use his Web Swing 2 special power.
Quote:
ACROBATIC MASTERY
Nightwing never takes falling damage and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. After rolling attack dice for a normal attack or after rolling defense dice, for each shield rolled you may immediately move Nightwing one space up to 6 levels up or down. When Nightwing rolls defense dice against an opponent's attack, one shield will block all damage.
So the question is, can Spider-man be knocked back (assuming he succeeds Spidey-Senses), can Nightwing be knocked back (assuming he rolls at least one shield)? And how would knocking back these figures work if they succeed and move on their own?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
The wording is probably imperfect. I believe the intent is that if they have a power that allows them to avoid rolling defense dice against the attack (i.e. successful Spidey-Sense roll) then Knockback doesn't occur. If they simply block the damage from a defensive roll (i.e. Acrobatic Mastery) then Knockback still occurs.

For Acrobatic Mastery and Knockback, I think both would occur simultaneously, so it'd be a matter of rolling a D20 to see which triggers first. If the figure moves away with Acrobatic Mastery before Knockback can be applied, then they're no longer adjacent, so Knockback doesn't get applied. If they're knocked back first instead, then they can still use their acrobatics to flip back up (assuming they're not destroyed first).
I agree the wording is imperfect. Can we come up with a wording update here?

Last edited by A3n; November 22nd, 2020 at 03:46 AM.
Old November 21st, 2020, 11:58 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Looking forward to hearing how this progresses! What ever the ruling is, if Jean Grey successfully rolls Psionic Grip on a figure potentially being KnockedBack, would that prevent Knockback Damage?

PSIONIC GRIP 12
Any time an opponent would begin the movement of Jean Grey or a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Jean Grey, you may first roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to the roll for each Telepath you control adjacent to Jean Grey. If you roll 12 or higher, the figure may not be moved.
Old November 22nd, 2020, 12:33 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Not sure what you have in red there is reading clearly, A3n, and I don't know your intent well enough to suggest alternatives.

For the imperfect wording, maybe something along the lines of "if that figure avoids damage from the attack without rolling defense dice" or something like that?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 22nd, 2020, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Not sure what you have in red there is reading clearly, A3n, and I don't know your intent well enough to suggest alternatives.
That's because I missed typed what I actually updated it to. Try now (I fixed the above).
Quote:
For the imperfect wording, maybe something along the lines of "if that figure avoids damage from the attack without rolling defense dice" or something like that?
I don't think we want it to say "avoids damage" but I think you are right about tying it to having to roll defense dice? But I still can't think of a nice way to put it.
Old November 22nd, 2020, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyhandle View Post
Looking forward to hearing how this progresses! What ever the ruling is, if Jean Grey successfully rolls Psionic Grip on a figure potentially being KnockedBack, would that prevent Knockback Damage?

PSIONIC GRIP 12
Any time an opponent would begin the movement of Jean Grey or a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Jean Grey, you may first roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to the roll for each Telepath you control adjacent to Jean Grey. If you roll 12 or higher, the figure may not be moved.
I was saying above that because of Rubberwrap, SS would take Knockback Damage.

What I was trying to say is that "to move" is a game mechanic & special powers that stop movement would occur before testing the legality of the space the figure is moving to because it is moot if the figure cannot move there anyway.

Psionic Grip wouldn't be any different. If JG stops the movement before it happens, that means that Knockback movement cannot be completed & therefore Knockback Damage is applicable. So if your JG is, or can be, involved in this Knockback you need to consider if you roll that D20 or not.
  • If one of your figures is being knocked back into another of your figures, you will want to roll the D20 to stop the movement so that only the figure being knocked back will be applicable for Knockback Damage.
  • If an opponents figure is being knocked back into one of your figures, again you will want to roll the D20 so only the Knockback Damage is applied to the opponent's figure.
  • If one of your figures is being knocked back into an opponents figure you don't want to roll the D20 because if your figure is going to take Knockback Damage your opponents' figure might as well also
  • But if your figure is being knocked back & they will not be impeded in the Knockback movement then don't roll the D20 & you won't take Knockback Damage.
  • Also if an opponents figure is being knocked back & they will not be impeded in the knockback movement then you may want to roll the D20 so they stop their movement before using the full amount of Knockback movement & therefore are required to take Knockback Damage.

Anytime a figure being Knockbacked back cannot move the full amount of spaces Knockback Damage is applicable. Except if the reason the figure cannot move is because it would go off the map.

Last edited by A3n; November 22nd, 2020 at 07:32 PM. Reason: added if opponents figure gets knocked back unimpeded
Old November 22nd, 2020, 09:43 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Red wording looks better now.

I had the same thoughts on my wording attempt, sadly.

Your last paragraph in your last post agrees with what I intuitively believed when I first answered toyhandle, I just wasn't able to flesh out the exact mechanics behind that line of thinking.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 22nd, 2020, 07:16 PM
Casing the Corners

Thank you so much for that thorough explanation! That all makes sense. Mr.F can safely stand behind an enemy while Thing pounds away, and there's no sense in hiding in a corner from Mr. Fantastic then.
Old January 7th, 2021, 08:04 PM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The PDF rules frequently refers to Soloomon Grundy

My designs for C3G nomination
My current reward points
Old January 7th, 2021, 08:05 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

He's born on a Moonday.
Old January 26th, 2021, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fret_gurglo View Post
The PDF rules frequently refers to Soloomon Grundy
Thanks for the pickup. Can't believe nobody else noticed until now. I believe I fixed them all.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library