Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old September 26th, 2021, 08:32 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Cool Create your own Flag bearer Dice (SLA Printer Required)

A quick guide sharing my method to make your own Flag Bearer Dice.

My first Pla dice. ^ Not as pretty

You will need:
3D Printer (Highly highly recommend resin printer to keep dice balanced)
Color Printer for symbols.
Paint to color your dice.
Glue stick
Krylon Clear Glaze Spray

Here is the flag bearer dice model..
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:470297

Visual Size Comparison: I believe I used 64.5% scaling here and it was just a fraction of a hair larger than the original.
Spoiler Alert!

edit/update: Found a corrected dice model here.

Generating supports for these dice can be tricky, but if you end up with a few bumps, you can just sand them right off after curing.

Edit: another trick I learned from WhiteKnight is that you can use clear resin with dyes to even better resemble some of the original dice!

Here is the document I've made with cutouts for the different generals and attack/defense symbols.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

How you paste the symbols is up to you, but given the way that these dice are shaped (3x3 instead of 2x4), I used this direction.

And here is the original template.

The model could be corrected at some point to match the originals direction. Learning a few modelling things lately, I may just be that guy.

Before you paste your symbols however, your dice should be painted to the desired color.
I use Liquitex Basics Acrylics for almost everything.
A base layer of Bronze yellow with a second layer of gold makes beautiful Valkrill Dice.

It usually does take 2 coats of this thinner paint or more to really give the dice a solid tone.
Make sure to spread it out so that there are no tiny globs. This is where cheaper paint may put you at risk.

So you've painted your dice.
You've painstakingly cut out all the symbols and pasted them.
The final step (very recommended) is to spray a clear coat onto both sides of your dice. Without doing this, there is a good chance that your symbols will fall out within a short amount of use.

Congratulations, you've made your very own set of Flag Bearer Dice.
Now go buy a velvet bag and a nice d20 for yourself to match.

Magnific solid resin dice ^

I hope these instructions are helpful for you if you are in need of flag bearer dice. The original dice are getting worse to find, so if you've got some spare time on your hands and the tools necessary, this is a nice option to have. Adding Valkrill, Aquilla or your own custom Symbolled dice is great too!

Until next time, this has been SchismaticSounds.
Signing off.

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; December 26th, 2021 at 11:31 PM.
Old September 30th, 2021, 09:29 PM

darius23__14 knows what's in an order marker darius23__14 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Create your own Flag bearer Dice (SLA Printer Required)

This is incredibly useful! Thank you for sharing this guide!
Old November 14th, 2021, 02:21 AM

TheBlackN Woo who?

How do they feel in comparison to the originals?

"So wait... the robot with the big f-ing missile has the machine gun ability and the one with a belt of bullets has the explosion?!"
Not a DnDscape player or a follower of C3V/SOV
My Customs
Old November 14th, 2021, 03:01 AM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackN View Post
How do they feel in comparison to the originals?
The solid resin dice have a lower tone being just a bit heavier, but shaken, they roll nearly the same. I did not like how the Pla ones felt. They were lighter and the sides weren't all clean.
Old November 18th, 2021, 12:34 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Thank you for making this. These are really cool.
Old November 18th, 2021, 05:27 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You can also get 48 blank dice on Amazon for $10, and then laser engrave the vectors on (many libraries have laser engravers at their makerspaces) or attach stickers

https://www.amazon.com/Nakimo-Blank-...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions