Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old September 9th, 2021, 03:56 PM

AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: AndreThaGiant's Customs (New cards! 8/26/21)

Some kit updates to Grimgar. Brought the life up (to encourage adrenaline rushes), dropped the defense, and added Tough to compensate. Let me know your thoughts!
Old September 9th, 2021, 10:08 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I'm afraid at that price that people will still be reluctant to use Adrenaline Rush, even with the extra Life. Perhaps you could include a power like Sir Dupuis' Tactical Disengage?

Old September 10th, 2021, 10:58 AM

AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I'm afraid at that price that people will still be reluctant to use Adrenaline Rush, even with the extra Life. Perhaps you could include a power like Sir Dupuis' Tactical Disengage?
That's a great thought. A Tactical Disengage mechanic with the movement boost on top of it. Should I bring the d20 minimum up to, say, 9? To counteract the fact that it's more rewarding than Dupuis'? If anything, I feel like Grimgar belongs in the 120+ points realm. Ranged bonding with the Axegrinders is already OP in itself.
Old September 22nd, 2021, 03:35 PM

I've been looking for a way to give Mok some budget-friendly love to utilize his Dwarven Gunners, and I feel like I'm getting close to what I want- I just need a little more direction. Here are the 2 concepts I have so far.

The above card is my original concept, pre-feedback. Someone suggested that a figure shouldn't exist to merely alter the point cost of another card, and that there should be some more flavor to the card. My counter argument was that there are already figures that exist primarily due to other figures i.e. Iskra/Retchets. This might be a bad example, but the precedent is there. You wouldn't draft the Retchets without Iskra (because obviously you can't, and maybe I should write up this card as such), but why would you ever take this version of the card over Bol or Isamu if you don't have Mok in your army?

The card below is the second draft, with a little spice added to give reason to draft them outside of a Mok build. The difficulty here is that I am insinuating that all Aquilla Warhulks going forward must be Dwarven-based battle machines.

My question is, which direction seems more fitting and/or feasible? Do I scrap them both and go for a similar design to the Airborne Elite where they just start on Mok's card if you have Mok in your army? What do you like or don't like?

Thanks in advance,
Old September 22nd, 2021, 05:32 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I would compare units like this to Sonya moreso than the Rechets. She absolutely exists just to buff Cyprien, although she is not mandatory to bring and can still do some damage on her own when he dies.

I would consider the first unit more viable than the second simply because both automatically go into Mok (the second version is simply not worth using outside of Mok Gunners as their benefits aren't really worth the Order Marker, especially given the 4 Move). I don't know if Disembark is really worth having either as they're probably more likely to be killed in the gunner seats before Mok goes down, and who cares if they live anyway with such poor stats.

Have you considered the direction of making this squad more expensive and yet more flavorful? Perhaps a Forgelord of Soranath gunner could improve or change Mok's turrets? Imagine a special Engineer Dwarf who gives Mok's SA more Range or Attack, or better yet turns it into an Explosion or a Flamethrower? Could be fun

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old September 22nd, 2021, 05:57 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That's an interesting thought. Special attacks cant be modified but... could they add an entirely new one onto Mok altogether? Cool thought to consider.

Last edited by Shiftrex; September 22nd, 2021 at 06:32 PM.
Old September 23rd, 2021, 10:24 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Special attacks cant be modified but...
That's a misnomer. Special attacks could be modified by a special power that specifically modifies a special attack. The purpose of special powers is to break game rules, after all.

Even though it's technically fine, IS members have pushed back against the concept when suggested, though. Strange to me how people push hard to put in things that cause rules problems, but dismiss other things that are fine.
Old September 23rd, 2021, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
I would compare units like this to Sonya moreso than the Rechets. She absolutely exists just to buff Cyprien, although she is not mandatory to bring and can still do some damage on her own when he dies.
Why should one compare Sonya over Retchets? Precedents exist for both, and all 3 abilities on Mok's card revolve around his gunners- why not give him some OG gunners? I personally feel like my vision is closer to what the Retchets are, and if we're even considering adding another 10-pointer it might balance them out to make them exclusively conditional.
Old September 23rd, 2021, 01:23 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreThaGiant
Why should one compare Sonya over Retchets? Precedents exist for both, and all 3 abilities on Mok's card revolve around his gunners- why not give him some OG gunners? I personally feel like my vision is closer to what the Retchets are, and if we're even considering adding another 10-pointer it might balance them out to make them exclusively conditional.
The Rechets are kind of their own thing once summoned, whereas Sonya exists solely to make another unit stronger. For 45 more points you can field super-Cyprien instead of his normal self. The only difference is we're making Mok more cost-effective as opposed to statistically stronger. That's why I find them more comparable to her. Which is fine as she sets Official precedent that these kinds of units can exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex
Special attacks cant be modified but...
That's a misnomer. Special attacks could be modified by a special power that specifically modifies a special attack. The purpose of special powers is to break game rules, after all.

Even though it's technically fine, IS members have pushed back against the concept when suggested, though. Strange to me how people push hard to put in things that cause rules problems, but dismiss other things that are fine.
I assume this is because there's no Official power like it and it might open some flood gates for a whole bunch of bad ideas retroactively changing other units' SAs?

I find some merit in the idea though when it comes to Mok, even if it never leaves the realm of "Customy". Perhaps I'll take a crack at it.

~TAF

Old October 4th, 2021, 01:22 PM

Re: AndreThaGiant's Customs FORGELORDS OF SORANATH

I'm exploring the potential for an OM hub for the Drow, and this is where I'm at so far:

Mini used: Monster Menagerie 2 #06 Drow Elite Warrior
(Solid availability among all the primary miniature sites.)
The mini bears a striking resemblance to the D&D character I'm basing this off of- Ilvara Mizzrym

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Ilvara_Mizzrym

HONOR IN DEATH
The reason I went with this name is because Drow that die are typically sacrificed to their god (in this case, Lolth), which is a great honor in their culture.

LOLTH'S BLESSING
According to the lore I've been researching, the bodies of the Drow are usually wrapped in silk and delivered to Lolth to be eaten. In exchange for that, the theme I'm going for is that Lolth blesses Ilvara with power (bonding). This ability gives some return on investment and incentive for a player to actually want to use Pelloth's SA. I restructured Master Lao Xin's SIFU, as it would make more sense for the squad to move first so that Pelloth can set up his SA, and at the very least get an attack off with a squaddie before they are sacrificed. This reverse bonding is conditional, so hopefully this is feasible.

SHADOW AURA
I know we shouldn't be using new names for the same abilities, but it felt weird going with SHADOW OOZE (ability is based off of Re-Tak-Shi's SWAMP OOZE). This ability was given to add some more options for the map dependent D&D figures that need shadow tiles for half of their powers. More specifically, the Drow and Othkurik. Obviously, this ability could be abused on height, so I might have to at least drop her defense to 2 as she would benefit from the shadow as well. That would unfortunately break away from the stat reflections of the other Utgar Drow heroes, but I digress.

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback, I'm really excited about this design so far.

Last edited by AndreThaGiant; October 4th, 2021 at 02:00 PM.
Old October 4th, 2021, 01:48 PM

Re: AndreThaGiant's Customs [ILVARA THE DROW OM HUB]

Ilvara: Pelloth, Estivara, and Drow Chainfighters will appreciate the love Fortunately she does not cause problems with SoV's Xundar due to Order Marker requirements for both. 4 Life and 3 Defense at a high cost keeps her from being too much so she seems solid.

I should note though that despite your notes on the power names and your reasoning for using them Ilvara's first power is Corpse Collector and not Honor In Death.

~TAF

Old October 4th, 2021, 02:01 PM

Re: AndreThaGiant's Customs [ILVARA THE DROW OM HUB]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Ilvara: Pelloth, Estivara, and Drow Chainfighters will appreciate the love Fortunately she does not cause problems with SoV's Xundar due to Order Marker requirements for both. 4 Life and 3 Defense at a high cost keeps her from being too much so she seems solid.

I should note though that despite your notes on the power names and your reasoning for using them Ilvara's first power is Corpse Collector and not Honor In Death.

~TAF
Good catch- I must have uploaded an older version. Do note that Ilvara also gets that shadow bonus, so her defense is 4 in actuality. Think that will be problematic?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards