Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old May 13th, 2020, 02:23 PM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: [Pod 2] Kiora, the Rising Tide - Design

I'm not a huge fan of making her Einar and I don't think this is the best sculpt to make Durnipia, but that's not a choice I'm absolutely against. Healing waters is a great reference to Marro Warriors Water Clone. Carried by waves isn't too overly complex and let's us have a terrain changing ability.

Quote:
Kiora
5 Life 5 Move 1 Range 3 Attack 3 Defense

CARRIED BY WAVES
All land spaces within 1 space of Kiora that are no more than 2 levels above or below Kiora's base are considered water spaces. Kiora and friendly figures adjacent to Kiora do not have to stop their movement when entering a water space.

HEALING WATERS:
After moving and before attacking with Kiora, you may choose a wounded Hero you control within 4 clear sight spaces and roll the 20 sided die. On a 15 or higher, remove a wound from the chosen Hero. If the chosen Hero is on a water space, add 5 to your roll. Kiora may choose herself with Healing Waters.
Old May 13th, 2020, 03:42 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
I'm not a huge fan of making her Einar and I don't think this is the best sculpt to make Durnipia, but that's not a choice I'm absolutely against. Healing waters is a great reference to Marro Warriors Water Clone. Carried by waves isn't too overly complex and let's us have a terrain changing ability.

Quote:
Kiora

CARRIED BY WAVES
All land spaces within 1 space of Kiora that are no more than 2 levels above or below Kiora's base are considered water spaces. Kiora and friendly figures adjacent to Kiora do not have to stop their movement when entering a water space.

HEALING WATERS:
After moving and before attacking with Kiora, you may choose a wounded Hero you control within 4 clear sight spaces and roll the 20 sided die. On a 15 or higher, remove a wound from the chosen Hero. If the chosen Hero is on a water space, add 5 to your roll. Kiora may choose herself with Healing Waters.
I'm not a fan of carried by waves power. Just one more thing to people to remember, especially if the goal of these figures is to introduce new people to the game. Actual terrain lets people know its there, IMO.

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old May 13th, 2020, 09:30 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Can't do actual terrain if there isn't any in the set, though.

Healing Waters is great, but I'm not sure it matches up with grafting lizard arms onto people. I'd love to find a way to make it make sense, though, since both the water theme and tying into the lore with Durnipia are great ideas here.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 13th, 2020, 11:35 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

If it helps, I can see grafting a lizard arm onto someone being a time-consuming process where as direct healing would be fairly quick.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 14th, 2020, 04:03 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Did some more brainstorming.

Since we already have several primary healer types in the game, I think the healing thing could be a split focus, with the primary focus being on a water themed power (or 2)

Durnipia
Aquilla
4 life
move 5/range 1/attack 2/def. 4
80-90ish pts?

Mental (Mystical?) Control over the oceans
(Or: vengeful ocean/waves/something, something)

Instead of attacking, If an opposing figure occupies water terrain within (6-8??) spaces of Durnipia, you may roll the 20 sided die. On a 1-9, nothing happens. On a 10-19, give that figure 1 wound. On a 20, destroy that figure. f you successfully wounded a figure in this way, you must roll 1 attack die. If a skull is rolled, give Durnipia 1 wound.

Healing waters:

After moving and before attacking, if Durnipia or an adjacent figure you control occupies water terrain, roll the 20 sided die: On a 1-8, nothing happens. On an 9-17, remove 1 wound marker from that Army Card. On a 18-20, remove 2 wound markers instead.

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old May 14th, 2020, 06:21 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If we do want her to be Durnipia, then I would be strongly opposed to her fighting under any general other than Einar. Within the classic lore, Durnipia is consistently associated with Einar, and for her to be with a different general would be a significant break in theme.

Another thing to consider if we go the Durnipia direction is that I would prefer if possible for her to have an ability that was able to "heal" (most likely represented by preventing damage) squad figures because of the way she is featured in the bio for the 10th Regiment of Foot. While I don't feel as strongly about this point, it would seem a little strange to me if Durnipia was unable to synergize with the 10th Regiment, despite being specifically shown doing that in their official bio.

All that being said, I'm not 100% devoted to having her be Durnipia either. While I think it would be a cool tie in, I would also be fine if we leaned more into the water-based elements of a potential design and just came up with an original name and backstory for her.

Last edited by Captain Stupendous; May 14th, 2020 at 07:21 PM.
Old May 14th, 2020, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
If we do want her to be Durnipia, then I would be strongly opposed to her fighting under any general other than Einar. Within the classic lore, Durnipia is consistently associated with Einar, and for her to be with a different general would be a significant break in theme.

Another thing to consider if we go the Durnipia direction is that I would prefer if possible for her to have an ability that was able to "heal" (most likely represented by preventing damage) squad figures because of the way she is featured in the bio for the 10th Regiment of Foot. While I don't feel as strongly about this point, it would seem a little strange to me if Durnipia was unable to synergize with the 10th Regiment, despite being specifically shown doing that in their official bio.

All that being said, I'm not 100% devoted to having her be Durnipia either. While I think it would be a cool tie in, I would also be fine if we leaned more into the water-based elements of a potential design and just came up with an original name and backstory for her.
Well, Master Woo fights for Aquilla technically, even though his monks are Ullar. I don't see how breaking theme would be too bad here. Her sculpt feels like an Aquilla type figure, and not Einar is the thing.

In her bio, we could write she had a break from Einar or something, lol!

So long as we stick with a water based design I'm cool, in all honesty tho. Not a big deal to me changing her name/bio

Old May 17th, 2020, 05:33 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Sounds like a Sacred Band Defy Death type power. Giving something like that to a wider variety of units, especially ranged ones, should be done carefully, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
Well, Master Woo fights for Aquilla technically, even though his monks are Ullar. I don't see how breaking theme would be too bad here. Her sculpt feels like an Aquilla type figure, and not Einar is the thing.
I don't think Master Woo existed in anyone's bio before he was a figure, though, is the point. If she's Durnipia, she should be Einar. If she's some other type of water thing, then Aquilla or whoever.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 17th, 2020, 06:46 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Water for sure has an association with Aquilla, but the 10th reg's lore overrides that for me. I agree, if she's Durnipia, she's Einar. We need more Einar rep in the box anyway.
Old May 18th, 2020, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Water for sure has an association with Aquilla, but the 10th reg's lore overrides that for me. I agree, if she's Durnipia, she's Einar. We need more Einar rep in the box anyway.
While I love Einar (he's my overall fave General) I strongly think she needs a water based design. That to me is a must, in some way. I'd rather have her allegiance be Aquilla (or even Ullar over Einar) but if the entire group is set on Einar I will yield to speed up the process here.

The coral elements on her sculpt scream "Water". (Plus since most folks want to go the statue route for the rhino's, I feel the same logic needs to be applied here regrading the sculpt, then.)

Is there general consensus for her to be Einar and also a water based figure? I don't recall Durnpia's species being specified, If I'm not mistaken, so seems we can take that liberty.

Old May 18th, 2020, 03:18 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

To be clear, I'm saying what you are in your last paragraph. Einar but also a water based design.
Old May 18th, 2020, 06:11 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post

Quote:
Kiora

CARRIED BY WAVES

HEALING WATERS:
This is a very cool direction. I would consider going for 2 wounds, like Ana Karithon did.

P.S. @Owlman , could you please just post your brainstorms as plaintext? Your cards don't show up great on my screen and it makes them harder to read (so sometimes when I see them I just skip them )

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs