Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Notices

Old September 8th, 2006, 09:03 AM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
TSA..Toy Sneaking Anonymous.

This is the unofficial Toy Sneaking Anonymous group. Share your toy sneaking stories. We're all in this together.

Last edited by Sweetcurse; May 8th, 2008 at 04:49 PM.
Old September 8th, 2006, 09:20 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Sounds like my wife
Old September 8th, 2006, 11:22 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Here's a few helpful hints for those of you with wives....

Whenever you buy a large volume of Heroscape stuff (even if you only paid $1) don't let her see it all at once unopened. Sneak it in the back door, leave half of it in the trunk, whatever you have to do. Once it's out of the box it looks a lot less offensive. You don't have to hide it, you're just making it more presentable.

Whenever you spend a lot of money on Scape stuff always budget in a gift for her. Everytime a new wave comes out and I buy my requisite 5 sets I always pick up a gift certificate for her from one of her favorite stores (think shoes, lingerie, clothes - no Walmart gift cards please). If she's being treated to something special she's far less likely to question your self-showering of gifts.

Everytime she walks into a room tell her how beautiful she looks. Flattery can't solve everything, but a woman that's just been told she's beautiful is far less likely to grill you about toys. If she acts like she's not buying it plant a kiss on her lips that lasts at least 30 seconds.

If you have kids use them. If your wife sees you playing with the kids with the Scape Stuff she's going to get that warm fuzzy feeling that only moms get. You will be the nurturing father rather than the deadbeat toy collector. And if you train the kids right you'll create an army of Scapers in your own home that can overrule mom at every turn.

There's no science to keeping wives happy, but I do know that the strategies I have listed work for me. Try them out and maybe after your game with the fellas you can come home and roll all skulls in the bedroom.

Old September 8th, 2006, 11:35 AM

pashadowops Woo who?
OMG That's tooooo funny!!!!! I have to do the same thing only I never but her a gift that's a dead giveaway that I spent large $$$$ in casa de pashadowops.

Where does the time go? I got a lot of catching up to do! How many more expansions and a new master set...Jeez!
Old September 8th, 2006, 11:46 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
My rule of thumb is to give her a gift certificate worth the same amount that I just spent.

Old September 8th, 2006, 11:48 AM

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Here's another one:
Buy wave, open it, bring it discretely and later if she sees the toys remind her how she saw them the other day when you were sharing with her your hobby. She won't be able to say
"I don't remember" for fear of looking like she doesn't pay attention to you. hehehehe, works everytime.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old September 8th, 2006, 11:49 AM

That makes HS twice as expensive! But keeps her off your back, good trade I guess.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old September 8th, 2006, 11:49 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

Try finding another woman to put up with you. It's much cheaper to keep your current wife.

Old September 8th, 2006, 11:54 AM

Hahahaha. I forgot to mention, she plays too...and she wins often. In fact, at the last Houston get together, we played a five army, general specific humogomap at Finrod's. She played Utgar and did not lose a single figure! She's a money freak, but a good scaper, I'll take the trade off.
Old September 8th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
Whenever you buy a large volume of Heroscape stuff (even if you only paid $1) don't let her see it all at once unopened. Sneak it in the back door, leave half of it in the trunk, whatever you have to do. Once it's out of the box it looks a lot less offensive. You don't have to hide it, you're just making it more presentable.
Yes! If your wife is really craft though, you will also need to be sneaky about disposing of the incriminating packaging.
Old September 8th, 2006, 12:07 PM

djsmith has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
Here's a few helpful hints for those of you with wives....

Whenever you spend a lot of money on Scape stuff always budget in a gift for her. Everytime a new wave comes out and I buy my requisite 5 sets I always pick up a gift certificate for her from one of her favorite stores (think shoes, lingerie, clothes - no Walmart gift cards please). If she's being treated to something special she's far less likely to question your self-showering of gifts.

Everytime she walks into a room tell her how beautiful she looks. Flattery can't solve everything, but a woman that's just been told she's beautiful is far less likely to grill you about toys. If she acts like she's not buying it plant a kiss on her lips that lasts at least 30 seconds.

If you have kids use them. If your wife sees you playing with the kids with the Scape Stuff she's going to get that warm fuzzy feeling that only moms get. You will be the nurturing father rather than the deadbeat toy collector. And if you train the kids right you'll create an army of Scapers in your own home that can overrule mom at every turn.

There's no science to keeping wives happy, but I do know that the strategies I have listed work for me. Try them out and maybe after your game with the fellas you can come home and roll all skulls in the bedroom.
I just have to say that this is one of the best posts I have EVER read! I have done EXACTLY the same thing a time or two with my wife.. Too funny!
Old September 8th, 2006, 12:10 PM

The packaging will ideally never make it into the house.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News