Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old June 7th, 2009, 02:52 PM

kpotassiumk19 is surprisingly tart
Negated Marro Dividers and Marro Rebirth

Everyone knows that the marro dividers have an ability called self replicating that doesn't allow the marro hive to reborn them. What would happen if the marro dividers were negated by a glyph or morsbane's rod of negation? Would the marro hive beable to use marro rebirth on a divider? This also goes for Grok Riders as well.

I'm sorry if this question has been explained before, but I tried searching and nothing came up so I doubt their is a thread out there like this.

"The greatest advice ever given to me was don't be an idiot. Before I do anything, I always think, would an idiot do this? If they would, I don't do it."

~Dwight, The Office
Old June 7th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Negated Marro Dividers and Marro Rebirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpotassiumk19 View Post
Everyone knows that the marro dividers have an ability called self replicating that doesn't allow the marro hive to reborn them. What would happen if the marro dividers were negated by a glyph or morsbane's rod of negation? Would the marro hive beable to use marro rebirth on a divider? This also goes for Grok Riders as well.

I'm sorry if this question has been explained before, but I tried searching and nothing came up so I doubt their is a thread out there like this.
Commons can't be negated, as far as I know.
Old June 7th, 2009, 02:59 PM

kpotassiumk19 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpotassiumk19 View Post

Commons can't be negated, as far as I know.
Oh... Whoops.

"The greatest advice ever given to me was don't be an idiot. Before I do anything, I always think, would an idiot do this? If they would, I don't do it."

~Dwight, The Office
Old June 7th, 2009, 02:59 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Negation only works on Uniques, if I'm correct.
EDIT: Ah yes. "...you may choose one of your opponents UNIQUE figures..."

Also, in the book of the Grok Riders:
GROK TRAINING : Negation
If the Grok Riders are "Negated" by Morsbane's Rod of Negation,
are they then able to be cloned by Marro Hive?
No. Morsbane's Rod of Negation only works on Unique figures. The Grok Riders are a common squad.
Old June 8th, 2009, 07:02 AM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

Also:
• Glyph of Nilrend (Negation)
When one of your figures stops here, you may choose any opponent's unique figure. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1 - 4, nothing happens. If you roll a 5 - 20, place the Gold Negation Marker on the chosen figure's Army Card. All of that figure's special powers are negated for the rest of the game. (emphasis added)
Old June 8th, 2009, 11:19 AM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

However, if there were some kind of common-negating power, I believe that the Dividers would be able to be rebirthed by the hive if they were affected by it.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old June 8th, 2009, 11:44 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

This is only theory of course, but I'm not sure about that.

Grok Training and Self-Replicating I wouldn't really call abilities, but more of a disability.

As has been said, a common negating power doesn't exists at this time, but my guess is that if it does in the future it will not negate 'negative' abilities.

-insert signature here-
Old June 8th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
However, if there were some kind of common-negating power, I believe that the Dividers would be able to be rebirthed by the hive if they were affected by it.
That is true, but that is a pretty big "if".
Old June 8th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post

Grok Training and Self-Replicating I wouldn't really call abilities, but more of a disability.

As has been said, a common negating power doesn't exists at this time, but my guess is that if it does in the future it will not negate 'negative' abilities.
I agree -- the poor Obsidians still wouldn't like water, even if they were negated
Old June 8th, 2009, 02:48 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Quote:

I agree -- the poor Obsidians still wouldn't like water, even if they were negated
Negation currently removes ALL powers from the card (even Super Strength). Why would a future negation for commons be different? Heroscape doesn't make a distinction between abilities and disabilities. If it's on the card, it's a power. There can also be powers that are both positive and negative, so then what would you do?

(Also, the Obsidians are bad enough without having to keep their weakness!)

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 8th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Grok Training and Self-Replicating I wouldn't really call abilities, but more of a disability. As has been said, a common negating power doesn't exists at this time, but my guess is that if it does in the future it will not negate 'negative' abilities.
The other part of the equation is just as important of course: there's no unique with a disability (although I am hoping the pirate leader in wave 10 will have a hook and a wooden leg)

However, I am siding with NecroBlade on this: if you negate the powers on a card, there is no difference between positive and negative abilities.

Now what happens again when Morsbane negates not yet summoned Rechets of Bogdan?

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format
Old June 8th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDD View Post
...Now what happens again when Morsbane negates not yet summoned Rechets of Bogdan?
Not possible. Units to be Negated have to be within 6 spaces; unsummond Rechets or undropped AE aren't within 6 spaces.

With the Glyph of Nilrend, that's a different story, and they cannot be summond or dropped.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's