Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old August 31st, 2015, 01:34 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced View Post
I have a really exciting project on the paint table right now in the form of Tail Feathers minis. This game has had me really excited to since the first greens Chad Tweeted. The minis are so cool, and I have been wanting to paint them for a long time.

Wrunk on the painting table.

Lucky! I signed up (or thought I signed up) for playtesting Tail Feathers, but I never heard anything more and then realized that I had missed it. I'm not sure whether I did something wrong with the sign up or they just didn't need me
Old September 1st, 2015, 12:17 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Played Kingsburg and Ticket to Ride with the 1910 expansion tonight. Came in 4th of 5 players in Kingsburg (crappy dice rolling, among other things) and finished 2nd of 5 in TTR. Won the longest route barely to get 2nd place at 112 points, with the first place player getting 118.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 1st, 2015, 12:42 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

That's a close game of TtR, and not a high-scoring one, either. Though I guess with 5 players that's to be expected. Our recent experience with that game:

SisterScaper had a friend over recently, and this friend of hers *loves* board games. Her favorite is Quarriors but she's enjoyed pretty much everything we tried. This time I showed her Splendor, so I could loan our copy to her & she could play with her family. I figured her parents, who are (I think) open to gaming but don't actually play, might like it.

So we played a 3 player game while the friend was over & then I loaned out the game as she left with her mom. SS was, to my surprise, disappointed to see Splendor go. She never really asked to play or anything, but after her friend was gone she said she had forgotten how much she liked it. So I thought about it & decided it was time, after a break of a few years, to retry a different set-making game: Ticket to Ride.

So, for the last couple days, she's been eating it up. Whenever we have a 1-hour break she's trying to squeeze in a game, and when we play she's rushing me on my turns and racing through her own. She's never played another game that way. What's interesting to me is that I know one other player so passionate about that game mechanic, and that person is my father. He'll play most things, but he *loves* TtR, Splendor, and (though it's been a while) Guildhall.

Who knew? A taste for set-making games is a genetic condition.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 1st, 2015, 06:56 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

That's a great story DS. There's something about set collecting for sure that is fun. It's neat how your dad and daughter have the same level of interest in it. And Splendor is a really nice game, I just played it on Saturday at a game store event our group had.

Yeah, regarding our game, it was pretty close, as the next scores were like 104, 101 and 100. I was at 102 until we counted up the longest trains and I had 38, to the 104pt player's 35, so I squeaked by there to jump to 112.

I wish my twin 12 year-old girls were more into gaming. They are very much hit or miss, with one of them being even less interested. So sometimes we get on a roll where they want to play Settlers for a few nights, then like the other night, I can't even get them to play Hey That's My Fish, even after I set it up (which is the longest part of the game).

Oh well, they are kind of at a weird age anyway, so I'll just have to hope that they'll get back into gaming more when they get a little older. They used to be really into it, but now it's slim pickings.

Old September 1st, 2015, 07:15 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hmm, 12. Get ready for them to be into nothing but boys for a few years. Maybe if they're into geeky ones (girls do go for guys like their dad!) they'll get into gaming that way.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 1st, 2015, 07:47 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

SisterScaper is 12, too. I'm thankful for each time she's willing to sit and play, and for every time KS is willing to step away from his computer and play. And every time my dad can visit, and every time there's a weekend and attendees for a Heroscape tournament.

I wish I had time in my life for a regular group, but I'm grateful for what I can get.

= =
Old September 1st, 2015, 08:55 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Hmm, 12. Get ready for them to be into nothing but boys for a few years. Maybe if they're into geeky ones (girls do go for guys like their dad!) they'll get into gaming that way.
I don't know about the boys issue yet, but when it starts, the boys will have to pass some tests and if they survive, we can go on from there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
SisterScaper is 12, too. I'm thankful for each time she's willing to sit and play, and for every time KS is willing to step away from his computer and play. And every time my dad can visit, and every time there's a weekend and attendees for a Heroscape tournament.

I wish I had time in my life for a regular group, but I'm grateful for what I can get.
Yeah DS, I too am grateful when the girls choose to game with me, when they would rather be playing video games or other things. Right now though, I don't mind when they'd rather play outside on the trampoline or something else, because it's good for them to be outside and they won't get to much once the weather starts to get bad.

Old September 1st, 2015, 10:56 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Yeah, enjoy those moments while you can. My daughter used to be quite into gaming, but since turning about 14, she has really mellowed on gaming (she turns 16 this week).

There are a few (Splendor, Avalon, Good Cop Bad Cop, One Night, Betrayal) that she still seems to really enjoy when we play them, but most of the time she passes on invitations to play.

--

This weekend we played:

RoboRally
One Night WW (several times--and yes Alanna joined us for a couple)
X-Wing (also several times--this game is rapidly taking over my overall play list)
Good Cop, Bad Cop (love the Bombers/Traitors expansion so far)
King of New York
Pokemon (my sons are far too into this, but I'm glad they enjoy it so much)
Memoir 44 (wish we'd played this more than Pokemon)
Hive (still love the simplicity and challenge)

It was a fun weekend, even with them begging for more Pokemon games
Old September 1st, 2015, 10:58 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
Yeah, enjoy those moments while you can. My daughter used to be quite into gaming, but since turning about 14, she has really mellowed on gaming (she turns 16 this week).

There are a few (Splendor, Avalon, Good Cop Bad Cop, One Night, Betrayal) that she still seems to really enjoy when we play them, but most of the time she passes on invitations to play.
Get that child an intervention!!!!!

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old September 1st, 2015, 10:59 AM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've been wanting to get Ticket to Ride back to the table myself and just had the opportunity on Saturday to play a couple two-player games on the Switzerland map. It's designed for 2-3 players and plays with 40 trains per player rather than the usual 45. Wilds are also played a little differently in that they can only be used for tunnel routes and you can pick up two from the open draw instead of just one. I really enjoyed our games on this board. Both our games were under 30 mins and the map is really fun and interesting with the unique kinds of tickets available (city-to-country, city-to-city, and country-to-country) and the added risk of tunnel building, it's a great two-player version of the game.
Old September 1st, 2015, 11:00 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
My daughter used to be quite into gaming, but since turning about 14, she has really mellowed on gaming (she turns 16 this week turned 17 in June).
This.
Old September 1st, 2015, 11:04 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

I am keenly aware that either kid may lose interest at some point. That is why I am thankful for each time that, it turned out, they haven't yet.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games