Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old April 27th, 2010, 01:58 AM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness
SF Bay Area - Draft Pool Tournament - July

Hey Bay Area Brawlers, it's time for another Draft Pool Tournament!

WHEN AND WHERE:

July 31st, at GameKastle in San Jose.

Set up will begin at 11am, tournament should start at 12pm.

THE FORMAT:

Now, for the format. It's pretty simple- I may make a few subtle changes in the near future, but the following will more or less outline the mechanics of the event.

Each player will bring 16 army cards and their accompanying figures to the tournament- this is their drafting pool. For purposes of counting cards, each squad in a player's draft pool will require a separate card. Each player is also limited to 4 “A List” cards from the Heroscape power rankings (A+, A, A-).

Once paired with an opponent, players will combine their cards to create a draft pool of 32 cards. Players will get a couple of minutes to review their opponent's draft pool, and then each player will roll a d20 to start the draft. The point total for each match will be 500 points. Winner chooses who drafts first. The person who drafts first gets first pick of the combined pool, but the second player gets to draft two cards to compensate for going second. Afterwards, the draft proceeds one card to each player, until both opponents have reached their point limit or no longer wish to draft. As units are drafted, they should be placed into your starting zones on the map, and cannot be rearranged once placed. After all players present are done drafting, play will commence in standard Swiss Tournament style.

Glyphs: Valda, Wannok, Dagmar, Lodin, Ulanvia, and Kelda.
(If you are bringing a map, please try to provide this glyph set for each map unless the map specifies fixed glyphs.)

ATTENDEES:
1.) cmgames
2.) FishTako
3.) Killz + 3
4.) Menchi
5.) S1R_ART0R1US
6.) Winin (Excellent!)
7.) Grimfang
8.) Dnutt99 (Party time!)
9.) TartanDoc
10.) fresno bob +1
11.) jerry22 (?)
12.) Daftfighterz64 (?)
13.) Ronin Valentina

Maps:

Jotun's Gap - Dignan
Requires 1 RotV and 1 BftU
Provided by Ronin Valentina

Fulcrum
- Dignan
Requires 1 RotV and 1 TJ
Provided by FishTako

Just Passing Through
- Dignan
Requires 1 RotV and 1 RttFF
Provided by Dnutt99

Elswin Plateau - Mooseman
Requires 1 RotV, 1 FotA, and 1 TJ
Provided by Dnutt99

Infected Glade - Panopticon
Requires 1 SotM and 2 RttFF

Radiator Springs - Gamebear
Requires 1 RotV and 1 VW
Provided by cmgames

Glacial Overflow
- FishTako
Requires 2 BftU and 1 TT
Provided by cmgames

Thirsting Sands V.3 - Ronin Valentina
Requires 2 BftU
Provided by FishTako

Ticalla Sunrise - GameBear
Requires 1 SotM and 1 TJ

I cheated a bit and picked a number of maps that will be present at this year's Gencon, if you couldn't tell. The rest I will select to give a good rounding out for the tournament. If you would like to supply a map- and please do, I'll need the help- please just post what you'd be willing to supply. Thanks!

So? Will you be there to Draft like whoa?! Let's do this!

- Heroscape is a standing game. -

Last edited by RoninValentina; July 30th, 2010 at 09:09 PM.
Old April 27th, 2010, 12:10 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: SF Bay Area - Draft Pool Tournament - July

Not the 10th please. I'll be out of town.

Otherwise, count me in!

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old April 27th, 2010, 01:01 PM

FishTako knows what's in an order marker FishTako knows what's in an order marker

Thanks for setting this up Ronin.

I can only make the 17th--got weddings on both the other weekends.
Old April 27th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

After EtS I checked my calendar in anticipation of this event and unfortunately the entire month of July is terrible for me.

I hope that everyone else has fun, though, and I'll catch ya'll next time.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old April 27th, 2010, 05:18 PM

Utgars Servant Woo who?

That sounds fun. As far as I can see, I can try to make it. The Draft thing may take a while to start the game but it is a nice twist to most tourneys. Also i could play with some figs I don't have! Oh the 17th would be good.

Acts 16:31
And they said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved,..."

PM me if you want to know more.
Old April 27th, 2010, 06:54 PM

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So far the 17th is looking the most likely, yes.

The drafting portion of each round should be about 8 minutes average. That keeps pace with a 60 minute round, 10 for opponent matching/drafting, and 50 minutes to play. I should make it clear that this format was done in early 2008 with great success, so there's really nothing new here. In fact, here's that event thread for reference.

Old April 28th, 2010, 12:01 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Two questions:

What about Marvel?

What grade do I give the Wave D1/11 units until they are 'officially' ranked?

~Z

My map thread
Old April 28th, 2010, 12:28 PM

Killz is surprisingly tart

I hope to be able to make it, Just have to confirm with my parents. Also, John, Sam, and David are up for it. The 17th is probably best for us, unless something comes up.

Killz is kicking it as...

Ne-Gok-Sa, the original OG and stuff

in the
Perth Keep...
Old April 28th, 2010, 04:49 PM

Marvel will be out, and without "official" grades for the newest units I will likely leave them as Bs with likely a couple exceptions. Those details will be forthcoming soon.

Old April 29th, 2010, 07:23 PM

Winin Woo who?

I had a lot of fun at EtS, so I will try to make this one (on time even). I have the 17th tentatively set. My schedule tends to fluctuate last minute, but I'll do my best to keep it open.
Old May 2nd, 2010, 12:39 AM

So, a snag. GameKastle is not available the 17th of July; they have their own promotional event occurring that day. So. We have a two options, keep the day, or the venue. I like GameKastle, so I'd rather ditch the day, but then the question becomes, what day?

Couple of options come to mind. We could try early, and aim for the 26th of June, or go late- the 31st of July.

Thoughts?

Old May 2nd, 2010, 04:12 AM

July 31 is better for me.

~Z

My map thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events