Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old June 20th, 2006, 02:15 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Invasion/Sacrifice

Sacrifice

It's a race to die in this strange encounter on a small island in Feylund. A powerful fire elemental will not permit violence upon his island until a sacrifice is made. With access to a wellspring in the balance, the generals are willing to do whatever is necessary.

Setup: Players begin on 2 or 3 7-piece grass tiles unattached to the map. On your first initiative, attach your "boat" to the water tiles in any configuration. Each 7-piece is its own seperate boat.

Glyphs Used: Place 7 random glyphs in the areas indicated.

Player Army Setup: Players begin with 400 point armies comprised of a single general's units.

Special Rules: At the start of the game, players may not attack each other in any way. Violence on the island is strictly prohibited by the fire elemental until a sacrifice is made! To do this, bring any one unit to the top of the map and into the molten lava. Once that unit is destroyed, that player's armies may attack at will, even protecting the lava against other players!

Victory Conditions: Sacrifice one of your units, then terminate all opponents.

Invasion

Two armies cooperate to wrest control of a vital wellspring from its current owner. A sacrifce made to the spring unlocks secret power.

Setup: Attackers begin on 2 or 3 7-piece grass tiles unattached to the map. On each attacker's first initiative, attach their "boat" to the water tiles in any configuration. Each 7-piece is its own seperate boat. Each attacker also places one glyph of his choice on his boat. The glyph begins the game inoperative.
Defender begins on any rock or molten rock tile.

Glyphs Used: Any two, chosen by the attackers before the start of play.

Player Army Setup:
* Attackers begin with 400 point armies. Each player must select an army comprised entirely of a unused general's units.
* Defender begins with an 800 point army comprised of a single general's units.

Special Rules: At the start of the game, the attackers' glyphs are inert. In order to activate them, one unit must be sacrificed in the island's molten lava. This is enough to activate both glyphs whose bonuses apply to both attacker's armies. Glyphs must still be held in order to function, however.
Defenders have another advantage: exposure to the spring's unique waters have rendered them immune to the molten rock's normally fatal heat. Defenders do not roll damage for ending the round on molten lava squares.

Victory Conditions: Terminate all opponents.

Sacrifice/Invasion - Overhead View

Sacrifice/Invastion - Sacrificial Pool

Sacrifice/Invasion - Wide View

Sacrifice/Invastion - Beachead
Old June 20th, 2006, 02:21 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Erm...I'm having a problem uploading the landscape .pdf's. It says:

Quote:
Upload Error: Could not upload Attachment to ./files/invasion_323.pdf.
Old June 22nd, 2006, 12:29 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I have a question for you....

When is the DFW crew coming to your house to play all of these?

Old June 22nd, 2006, 01:17 PM

God willing, I'll be moving to a new place in the next week or so. I've been struggling for nearly two months now to find someone with a guest house in this area that would be willing to rent it out to a personal trainer.

Once that happens though, I'll have ninth over and we'll put some of these bad boys together. I don't have the pieces for more than 1 at a time.
Old June 22nd, 2006, 03:54 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
So only ninthdoc is invited? I promise I will take a bath before I come over... :P

Old June 23rd, 2006, 10:39 AM

Ok you take a bath first you can come over.

I just meant I'd need a lot of extra tiles and space to build these maps. That or GB or UPC could have me over and I could build a few for the next couple gatherings.
Old June 23rd, 2006, 12:06 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

If you need tiles then I can help.

I have:

10 Master Sets
10 RttFF
6 VW
3 TT (so far, but more are coming)

And I have at least three of every unit released so far.

Old August 13th, 2006, 12:34 PM

Aubrian Observatory

Aubrian Observatory

A former swampy outpost of the elves has suffered a great deal of punishment since a wellspring was discovered beneath it. The central tower and outer walls have been reduced to smoldering ruin but the remnants still see plenty of action!

Build notes: This map uses 3 RttFF sets. There are 6 pillars of 3-hex grass pieces stacked 10 high. A support structure of 6 7-hex pieces and 6 2-hex pieces lay atop this and finally the road tiles are stategically layered to allow for maximal support. It's a difficult architectural structure for this amateur but the result is well worth it!

Glyphs Used: None.

Setup: Players draft 450 point armies and deploy on the wide sides of the map equadistant from the stairs. Sorry, no landscape this time. I built this one on a whim of fancy.

Special Rules: The swamp surrounding the observatory is filled with persistant mist. Any units firing from the platform onto a unit on the lowest level of the map must roll a d20. On a roll of 11 or higher, resolve the attack normally. On a roll of 1-10, mist obscures the defending figure and the attack is wasted.

Victory Conditions: Destroy all opponents.

Wide Shot

Underside

Tight Shot

Stairway

Platform
Old August 13th, 2006, 12:37 PM

And just because I'm proud of it, here's how I store my armies:

Bought the boxes at Container Store for 7 bucks each. Printed the images off nether's stickers and asked my g/f to laminate and cut them out. Soooo much better than our old system!
Old August 13th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne
And just because I'm proud of it, here's how I store my armies...
That is pretty awesome! Did the containers come colored like that? If so, where'd you get them. And if not, how'd you color them?

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old August 13th, 2006, 04:04 PM

Ya they come like that. I got them at the Container Store for 7 bucks each. They had every general's color but red for Utgar so I had to go with black.
Old August 13th, 2006, 11:45 PM

gorillanator has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne
Ya they come like that. I got them at the Container Store for 7 bucks each. They had every general's color but red for Utgar so I had to go with black.
I can't see very well is the Vydar one clear?

Violence is not the answer.

Make peace!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios