Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old October 8th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
I like Swog Bog. For whatever reason, the look and description remind me of Sweegy Woods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old October 9th, 2007, 09:56 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Sweegy Woods?
Old October 11th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne
Sweegy Woods?
A map from Final Fantasy Tactics. I played that game like crazy when it first came out, and again later. I'm still not sure whether some of the loopholes (like attacking your own characters for experience, and then healing them for more) add to the game's charm, or simply make it horribly broken.

Quote:
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old October 15th, 2007, 03:11 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Terminal Velocity

2 massive armies meet in a twisted dimension that warps the mind and forces your units to consider threats from all sides!

Build Notes: Uses 1 SotM, 1 lava set, 1 Tundra set, 1 road set, and about 3 Castle sets. If you're willing to settle for a less colorful map, you could probably do the same thing with 1 RotV and 3 castles, but you must have the Castles for the ladders, otherwise it's just not very stable. Paperclips were used in a few places to stabilize free-floating tiles. Finally, in my experience those single-hex castle floor tiles hook together exceptionally well.

Setup: 2 Players draft 800 point armies, or 2 teams of 2 players can draft 400 point armies for each player. In a 2 player game, each player receives 2 sets of Order Markers. All units deploy on opposite sides of the bottommost level.

Special Rules:
- Glyph of Thorian: Effects units in all armies, not just your own.
- Self-Powered Glyphs: Each glyph is considered active unless a figure is standing on it.
- Dimensional Rift - Players may not enter, fire into or otherwise effect opponent's starting zone.
- Teleporters: The ice, swamp water, and molten lava tiles are considered teleporters for this scenario. A figure stepping onto any of these spaces may continue its movement on an unoccupied similar tile on a different level. (Water tiles are still just water tiles.)

Victory Conditions:
- Terminate your opponent.

DOWNLOAD! <-- This is just the basic layout. I prettied mine up in the final version.

Side Shot - There's still some gaps between tiles. It's really tough to keep everything flush!

Side Shot 2 - The castle doors on the lava level should make it tough to get to that Thorian glyph. Also note the placements of ladders to keep things stuck together. I've discovered this is critical to keeping things in place!

Side Shot 3 - Note positions of glyphs. There's 1 Thorian and 1 Rannveig (Wind) glyph

Undercarriage - Note positions of paperclips

It's a long way down! 60 levels to be exact!

Looking up from the Sand level - Note paperclip locations
Old October 15th, 2007, 03:50 PM

Sirpongo has disabled reputation
Those clips are an excellent idea!! That solves the problem of a map I built in Virtualscape, but had no clue how to build in real life. Great idea.
Old October 16th, 2007, 01:45 PM

Somebody else had the idea before I did, but like you I was very excited when I heard it. Bear in mind this was before the castles were out and I wanted a good way to suspend elevated terrain. They're not perfect, but they do give you some added flexibility when making fun features.
Old October 16th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

When I first looked at the map, I thought "Velenne must really like the Minions and Drake," but the anywhere-teleporters certainly seem to make more units useful, while making for some fun, exciting play.

Unfortunately, I only have one Castle. I tend to shy away from vertical maps, probably more due to may lack of sets than gameplay preference.

Quote:
Old October 18th, 2007, 07:10 PM

freak has disabled reputation
these are some great maps i will have to try them some time

HEROSCAEP RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love hitting myself
I am insane
Old October 26th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I'm not building that one for the next tourney Velenne. :P

Old October 30th, 2007, 01:34 PM

Stardust Fountain

At the heart of Einar's empire lies the sculpted slopes surrounding Stardust Fountain, a wellspring of great power and strategic importance.

Build Notes: Uses exactly 1 master set. I think there was 1 sand tile left over. It's really just something I cooked up from several different ideas. I started with a star-shaped theme, then built the wellspring on top of it. There's some underground holes on the first level but it should hold up structurally. Lastly, I wanted to have protected glyphs.

Setup: Standard tournament rules apply.

Special Rules:
- None.

Victory Conditions:
- Terminate your opponent.

DOWNLOAD!

Top-Down

Wide

Protected Glyph

Build

Last edited by Velenne; April 15th, 2008 at 10:05 AM.
Old October 30th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

That's an interesting concept for sure, and a decent use of one MS!

My only 2 suggestions are fairly minor.

The first might be to switch the two ruins. Although the idea of protected glyphs is an interesting one, the one in the North is more protected, and might give an unfair advantage to the blue team in reaching it, unless of couse the red guy has flying units.

The second is to maybe take that extra sand tile and put it in the middle. As it is, that water tile on the 5th level in the center doesn't actually raise it above the hills around the periphery. Making that center spot the absolutely highest spot on the map could make it worth slogging through the water for. (It could also make the map more one-dimensional, which seems to be something one does not want in a tournament map.)

If you do move that water tile off the center and put the sand tile there, you could even move the water tile to be near the northern ruin, and might not even want to swap the ruins at all in that case. You could go through the water, or go around the northern ruin to attack that glyph if you are the red player.

Again, I clearly haven't played on this yet, but these are just my gut feelings upon opening up the PDF and eyeballing the map.

Quote:
Old October 30th, 2007, 04:05 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
another high ground water map?!

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios