Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old March 19th, 2017, 08:56 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Dr. G's Customs 2.0

Well, for anybody interested I limited the Missile Barrage to 7 dice on one figure, it's still very powerful, but hopefully not outrageously so.

At the Kai-Scape Day, hosted by the gracious @Nomad and with prizes supplied by the generous @obfuscatedhippo , I received a number of new figures to start working with. Here goes something!

Gnuk the Smasher
Utgar
Cyclops
Smasher
Wild
Large 7
Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 6
Defense 3
Hard of Seeing
When Gnuk the Smasher targets a small or medium figure for a normal attack, roll the 20-sided die. If he targets a small figure subtract 3 from your die roll. If you roll a 7 or lower you must attack a figure adjacent to the targeted figure and Gnuk, if possible. If not, he cannot attack this turn.
Too Big to Care
When rolling defense against a normal attack from a small or medium figure, one shield will block all damage.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old March 22nd, 2017, 04:34 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Green Groupies

Here's the first wave of some customs I'm making. I'll make cards once they prove themselves costed playably. I'd better slow down until I play with some of these.

Ishehdulog Hopper

Ishehdulog
Uncommon Hero
Scout
Tricky
Small 3
Life 3
Move 6
Range 5
Attack 2
Defense 3
Leapfrog
Instead of moving and attacking normally this Ishehdulog Hopper may use Leapfrog. Choose a friendly small or medium figure in a one of 2 spaces in a straight line from this Hopper, it must not take more than 4 move in that straight line for this Hopper to move onto the space that figure occupies. Choose two spaces in a straight line from the chosen figure, the first space must be no more than 2 levels higher than the chosen figure's height. Move this Hopper onto one of those two spaces. If you move it onto the second space it must not be more than 2 levels higher than the chosen figure's height. After moving with Leapfrog this Hopper may attack. After attacking this Hopper may choose a different figure and use Leapfrog again. If this Hopper is selected for another Hopper's Leapfrog, after that Leapfrog is complete, this Hopper may use Leapfrog. No more than 2 Hoppers can use Leapfrog once each in a single turn (4 maximum hops).
Springy
When moving and when chosen for Leapfrog, this Ishehdulog Hopper may double its height.
60 Points

Ishehdulite Patrol

Ishehdulite
Common Squad
Guard
Loyal
Medium 4
Life 1
Move 5
Range 5
Attack 2
Defense 3
Ashehdulog Movement Bonding
After revealing an Order Marker on this Army Card, before taking a turn with the Swamp Patrol, you may move an ishehdulog hero you control up to 6 spaces.
Swamp Sighting
Figures on swamp or swamp water spaces subtract 1 from their defense when attacked by non-adjacent Ishehdulite Patrols.
50 Points

Commander Skvog

Ishehdulite
Unique Hero
Soldier
Precise
Medium 5
Life 4
Move 5
Range 8
Attack 3
Defense 3
Shoot Like a Soldier
All friendly ishehdulites and ishehdulogs adjacent to Commander Skvog receive an additional attack die.
Swamp Command
Instead of moving with Commander Skvog you may move with one ishehdulite squad you control. Instead of attacking with Commander Skvog you may attack with one ishehdulite squad you control. Any figures activated with Swamp Command must begin their action within clear sight of Commander Skvog.
80 Points

There aren't any HoSS units for these already, right?

Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Last edited by Dr.Goomonkey; March 22nd, 2017 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Changed the 'A's to 'I's
Old March 22nd, 2017, 07:39 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

I meant to post earlier about Gnuk -- a really nice figure. "Hard of Seeing" sounds funny but I think it would be the kind of thing a big wild cyclops would say. Reminds me of the Ogres, and of certain Hearthstone cards that have a chance to attack the wrong figure.
Old March 24th, 2017, 01:38 PM
On vacation...

I think we all agree it's time to update Sidhir, right?

Oh... Well I do! Sacrificial Dagger now activates before attacking, and also doesn't affect constructs.

And here's the original, if you're interested (the name alter was just to make it look decent using Xorlof's app, since it was all scrunched up with the original name):
Spoiler Alert!

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old March 26th, 2017, 09:18 PM
On vacation...

Well, here's the figure I mentioned that I mentioned in the C3V thread. I guess it's about time for her to get some great stats to match that great sculpt, but, instead, I'll make one for her.

Fintana Na'e Fakamoleki "Hook"
Human
Unique Hero
Hunter
Ferocious
Medium 4
Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 2
Hooked
When "Hook" inflicts at least 1 wound on a small or medium adjacent figure with a normal or special attack, you may move the Hooked Marker from this Army Card to that figure's Army Card. That figure is now Hooked. Hooked figures may not move and cannot be moved by any power on any Army Card or Glyph. Hooked figures can only target Fintana for attacks and subtract one from their defense. Start the game with one Hooked Marker on this Army Card. At any point during your turn you may move the Hooked Marker back to this Army Card. Immediately move the Hooked Marker back to this card if the hooked figure is destroyed or if Fintana is no longer engaged with the figure.
Hook and Hack Special Attack
Range 1. Attack 2 + Special.
"Hook" can only use Hook and Hack Special Attack if the Hook Marker is on this card. After attacking with Hook and Hack Special Attack, if it dealt at least one wound, Fintana may attack again with 5 attack dice. If a figure is hooked when she attacks the second time, Fintana must attack that figure.
80 70 Points

Is it just me, or is 80 points a really easy number to land on... Incorrectly.

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Last edited by Dr.Goomonkey; March 30th, 2017 at 09:08 PM.
Old March 27th, 2017, 01:46 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like the use of Hook (I've been trying to find a way for a certain unit to only Cyberclaw a single enemy and a marker is probably the best bet). I'd actually drop her value down even lower, given her poor survivability and likelihood to struggle against squads.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old March 27th, 2017, 02:12 PM
On vacation...

Thanks, and to you @IshMEL ! I could see lowering her. I may just think of the cowboys and Khosumet as more underpowered than they actually are. The Hook Marker made sense to me.

As for Gnuk, he sure is ogresk.

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old March 29th, 2017, 12:59 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

I like Fintana. Honestly when I saw the mini I wasn't super impressed, but after reading the powers she feels really thematic and would probably be fun to field. She would give a nice scary movie feel to the game.

Just a couple of notes on her I noticed:
In the text of the special powers, you change between calling her "Hook" or Fintana. I would standardize that, personally.
For Hooked, you should probably make it so that if Fintana is no longer engaged with the figure then the Hook marker is removed. The way it is written you could hook a figure in one place, leave engagement, and leave the figure stuck there, which would be way too strong.

I really like the mechanics on this card, especially for Hooked (minus the lack of an engagement clause I mentioned). I think it all works together pretty elegantly. I could see lowering the points on her though. Overall a really cool custom.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old March 30th, 2017, 12:29 PM
On vacation...

I don't know what you're talking about, she looks well priced to me, and the Hooked Marker does come off if she leaves the engagement.

Thanks froggy! Elegance sure isn't a word that came to mind making her, and I'm sure that's the first time a custom of mine has been described that way.

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old March 30th, 2017, 01:57 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Neat!

Can she make a normal attack on a figure A if she has hooked figure B?

Also, a suggestion on wording:

Quote:
When "Hook" deals a wound to a small or medium adjacent figure, you may place the Hooked Marker on that figure's Army Card.
to

Quote:
When "Hook" inflicts at least 1 wound on a small or medium adjacent figure with a normal or special attack, you may place the Hooked Marker on that figure's Army Card.
I think "inflict" is more 'scapey than "deal", and I think you want to spell out that you can Hook with a special attack, so the mechanic is clearer in the SA that if the first attack succeeds, she may put the hook marker on (or not).
Old March 30th, 2017, 09:06 PM
On vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
Neat!

Can she make a normal attack on a figure A if she has hooked figure B?

Also, a suggestion on wording:

Quote:
When "Hook" deals a wound to a small or medium adjacent figure, you may place the Hooked Marker on that figure's Army Card.
to

Quote:
When "Hook" inflicts at least 1 wound on a small or medium adjacent figure with a normal or special attack, you may place the Hooked Marker on that figure's Army Card.
I think "inflict" is more 'scapey than "deal", and I think you want to spell out that you can Hook with a special attack, so the mechanic is clearer in the SA that if the first attack succeeds, she may put the hook marker on (or not).
Yes, she sure can. Though, now that I think about it, I don't think she should be able to hook them. Thanks for the help!

If wounds are ignored, are they still inflicted first? I.e. can "Hook" hook a Mezzodemon Warmonger?

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old March 30th, 2017, 11:01 PM

I'm no rules expert, but I think a wound has to make it onto the card to be "inflicted".

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards