Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 10th, 2014, 09:24 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Heroscapication

Shurrak

Cut and dried great example of modifying a card for your project. Disciplined is a slight change mechanically, but ultimately insignificant and it is otherwise a bit of an odd ball. I believe it is possible to be disciplined without being militaristic (like the ninjas), but it's pretty tough to be militaristic (beyond being warlike) without being disciplined. I believe the motivation for it was driven by the D&D fire giant descriptor more than anything rather than some key aspect that had to be related by the character.

Feylund is the only place you can put him and falls perfectly in line with your project.
Old March 10th, 2014, 09:56 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yeah, Shurrak might be one of the best I've seen so far (though honestly almost all of them I've agreed with your changes)

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old March 13th, 2014, 09:41 AM

Samaritan is surprisingly tart

Thanks guys, I don't think even Lyrgard could complain about this one

Heroscapification

Science and Religion are not at odds.
Science is simply to young to understand.
Old March 16th, 2014, 01:32 PM

Wyvern Predator

Latest conversion

Spoiler Alert!

Heroscapification

Old March 16th, 2014, 04:53 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Still not seeing the point of this project , but you could probably make Shurrak come from Valhalla if you wanted. HS lore says giants live there, or at least did so once, according to the blurb for the table of the giants battlefield. In fact, this could probably work well if you did it like this - make Shurrak from Volcarren and the Frost Giants from the Thaelenk Tundra (perhaps re-naming them the Frost Giants of Thaelenk).

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 16th, 2014, 07:04 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This might be the first thing I really disagree with, which is the making of the Wyvern a common. It seems to me that taking away so much life changes the model too much. But that's just my opinion...

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old March 16th, 2014, 07:54 PM

Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker

Personally, I think the Uncommon Hero mechanic was a great addition to the game. Doesn't mess at all with precedents set by classic scape, and isn't a one-off random thing thrown into the mix.
Old March 16th, 2014, 08:52 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

If you were to go the Common Hero route with the Wyvern, I don't think you can really sum the values of the powers, get 16, and make that equivalent to 25 points. That would imply that, say, 1 Move is worth the same as 1 Attack or 1 Defense, which just doesn't hold water.

If you were costing a 1-Life Common Wyvern, the obvious comparison is the Dumutef Guard, since they're both 4A 4D. The Wyvern gets the advantage in Movement, since it not only has 1 more Move but also Flying. I figure that a Flying Move is about twice the value of a normal Move. The Dumutef Guard wins on Defense, since it has a potential 1D bonus on a road. I'd say the Wyvern wins on attack, since Venomous Sting is worth slightly less than a 1A bonus (against a 3D figure it will do an average of 1.46 damage, slightly less than a straight 5A attack). While the Dumutef can also get a 1A bonus, it will only get it on a road, while the Wyvern's is "always on." As for Devourer Enhancement vs. Talon Grab, I'd judge that Talon Grab is probably better, but that's just a gut call. In all, I'd say the Common Wyvern wins out, and is probably worth about 35 points. I'm no costing expert, of course. But if you're going this route, I'd say keep his stats and cost him appropriately, rather than trying to put him at 25 points just because the Swog Rider and the Dumutef Guard are also 25 points. My 2 cents.
Old February 19th, 2018, 05:37 PM

I've been gone a while ...

Okay, based on feedback I've changed the Wyvern into a unique hero instead of a common one. Restored all stats to default.

Spoiler Alert!

Sorry the image is so small, for some reason the site keeps shrinking it.

Heroscapification

Last edited by Samaritan; February 19th, 2018 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Site shrunk image
Old February 19th, 2018, 06:30 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaritan View Post

Okay, based on feedback I've changed the Wyvern into a unique hero instead of a common one. Restored all stats to default.

Spoiler Alert!

Having just gone to a local tournament where I was running spiders and 3 Wyverns, if the Wyvern was Unique, I don't think I would ever use the spiders again. This hurts their army way too much. Sujoah is great and all, but I prefer multiple Wyverns over her so that I can have a backup when my main, and usually only figure that can really deal damage consistently is eventually killed. I like the Uncommon hero mechanic, and honestly would have loved an Uncommon Squad mechanic too, but if you really don't like it, then Common is the way to go. The only problem you had was the price, which should be based more on playtesting, than whether the stats add up to any specific number.
Old March 11th, 2018, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaritan View Post

Spoiler Alert!

Having just gone to a local tournament where I was running spiders and 3 Wyverns, if the Wyvern was Unique, I don't think I would ever use the spiders again. This hurts their army way too much. Sujoah is great and all, but I prefer multiple Wyverns over her so that I can have a backup when my main, and usually only figure that can really deal damage consistently is eventually killed. I like the Uncommon hero mechanic, and honestly would have loved an Uncommon Squad mechanic too, but if you really don't like it, then Common is the way to go. The only problem you had was the price, which should be based more on playtesting, than whether the stats add up to any specific number.
Out of curiously, why only multiple Wyverns and not Sujoah AND a Wyvern?

Anyway, I do like to have multiple bonding options for squads, but obviously, like the average scaper, I don't like the ham-fisted way uncommons were forced into the game. Had Wizards of the Coast actually been bothered to create a unique mechanic for it and made uncommon squads to balance it out, it might have workout okay, but what they did was just lazy and ill thought out.

But speaking of multiple bonding options for the Spiders. This is what I've been thinking for the Blue Wyrmling.

Spoiler Alert!

I don't really see a reason for them to have a special class "Wyrmling" when their bonding power could just specify that they can only bond with Common Heroes (who are Dragons of course), freeing up the class to be something else. Of course all the Wyrmlings will need to have their bonding power changed, but that's not a problem. I don't intend to them all to be bondable with non-Wyrmlings however, just the Blues here. This way the Spiders have their multiple Common Heroes to bond with. I also lowered the movement and lowered points to bring it more in line with the original Common Heroes. What do you guys think?

Heroscapification

Old March 11th, 2018, 12:39 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Trust me, the uncommon hero mechanics were not ham-handedly incorperated by wotc. They were created to support the concept of wild monsters with more than 1 Life.

Regarding Wyrmlings, don’t drop their costs too much if at all. Their value doesn’t lie in movement so much as it lies in their ability to create an army with a variety of threats. Flying+Range is an awfully powerful combination and dropping the cost of each one to 25 is really risky. I wouldn’t attempt to adjust the balance of those units, personally.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards