Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Notices

View Poll Results: Which map is the BEST?!
Primaerskog 3 9.68%
The Sinking Runnel 1 3.23%
Marro Thaw 1 3.23%
Wo-Sa-Ga's Quarry 2 6.45%
Mountain Pass 3 9.68%
April 1 3.23%
Halcyon 9 29.03%
Volcarren Paradise 4 12.90%
Jungle Fire 0 0%
Savage Corridor 7 22.58%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 25th, 2017, 09:06 AM

TheEpicAlpaca knows what's in an order marker TheEpicAlpaca knows what's in an order marker
Re: Wilds of Valhalla: MAP REVIEWS

Thanks for the feedback SirHeroscape!
Old April 26th, 2017, 01:10 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

The Sinking Runnel by @Simval

Fun map? Yes. Wild and Aesthetic? Yes. COMPETITVE? No. I love how this map covers the theme of the contest, and it pushes the boundaries of an asymmetric map. But as we know, it is no easy task to build a balanced, competitive asymmetric map. This pushed it a little too far. This map has virtually no symmetric aspects to it, and this naturally makes gameplay unbalanced. Even though the amount of water clearly represents the name of this map, I think it's a little too much. The water really hinders melee armies on their way through the low ground center, even when covered by the Jungle. Ranged armies can camp on the other side of the water and pick off melee figures because they are forced to stop down in the water...OR circumvent the water and take the longer route through the height which gives ranged armies more time to relocate and shoot or get a screen to clog up the way. Placement of Glyphs was fair, but the deciding factor was just the unbalanced nature of this map, overall almost too Wild to be a strong, competitive tournament map. Looks great though and would be fun for casual or team games.

Tournament worthy?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old May 2nd, 2017, 03:43 PM

Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks for the feedback Sir Heroscape. Your comments are all very pertinent. To be fair, I didn't test the map and don't have too much experience in competitive assymetrical builds. I think the style has potential though : as you said, a wiser water placement would've helped the map a lot.

Thank you again!
Old May 16th, 2017, 10:21 AM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

April turned out to be a very fun map. The LoS blockers on the sides provided some cover for holding glyphs, but not so much that you could indefinitely hold them. Good placement of trees and bushes gave cover for melee figures while they charged across the flats and helped balance the game for melee vs. range games. I personally love the tundra set more than any other terrain set, so I may be a little biased. I also liked the use of water tiles in the center of the board to help fill things out, but not create a ton of choke points. This is also a map that I would enjoy playing terrain dependent figures. Any map that gets more figures on the table is a good map. This gets a from me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games