Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old August 20th, 2021, 05:44 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
The Book of Black Panther (II)

The Book of Black Panther (II)

C3G MARVEL WAVE 45
MARVELS

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Fantastic Four Fast Forces set.
Its model number and name are #005 / Black Panther.
The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Fantastic Four set.
Its model number and name are #013a / Black Panther.

Character Bio - In addition to defending his homeland of Wakanda, T'Challa uses the Black Panther identity to operate as a superhero in groups like the Avengers and the Ultimates. A master strategist and combatant, T'Challa is able to match wits with any foe, earning him the respect of Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q: Can Black Panther use Secret Plan to bond every turn as long as the "X" was revealed earlier in the round?
  • A: Nope. He gets to activate the figure you revealed an "X" on only that one time, during the player turn in which you revealed the "X".

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Arch-vile; November 18th, 2022 at 07:53 PM.
Old August 20th, 2021, 05:45 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Black Panther (II) (Design)

NAME = BLACK PANTHER
SECRET IDENTITY = T'CHALLA

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = KING
PERSONALITY = CUNNING

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 220

SECRET PLAN
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and before taking a turn with Black Panther, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on the card of any other Unique Hero you control. After Black Panther's turn, you may take a turn with that Unique Hero, during which figures engaged with Black Panther subtract 2 from their Defense numbers. You may not take any additional turns with any other figures.

AGILE ASSAULT
When Black Panther attacks, he may attack one additional time. After each attack, for each shield rolled, you may move him one space up to 6 levels up or down. Black Panther will not take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with Agile Assault.

VIBRANIUM ARMOR
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack, add 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled and if at least one blank is rolled, the most wounds Black Panther can take from this attack is one.

Last edited by Ronin; November 17th, 2021 at 02:12 PM.
Old August 20th, 2021, 05:45 PM
Symbiotic

Comic:
Spoiler Alert!

Mini:
pending once I figure out which mini I'm using
Old August 20th, 2021, 05:58 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Love it, it's a simplistic take but really gets the theme across too. Nice combo with Cap! I dig that comic art too.
Old August 20th, 2021, 08:57 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Don't suppose I could talk you into making this a marker design? I'm not sure how up to speed on all the Avenger stuff these days, but one thing has proven to be rather important as it pertains to diversity in army builds, and that's each design at least bringing a marker to the table to keep everyone in the army within the benefits of the faction.

When Bats and I were army building for team games especially, that was a prominent factor we had to consider, making sure we were getting enough markers to include all the key players. I've run into that myself in just regular armies as well. It's really nice to be able to build Avengers armies that don't always include Cap or Ms. Marvel, so each person bringing 1 marker insures you can build many other armies that work well without them being needed.

Even just simply tying one of his powers into Avengers markers, and him coming with 1 marker, is plenty to carry on that theme and push him more towards being played with the faction.
Quote:
SECRET PLAN
At the start of the game, place a white Avenger Marker on the card of a friendly Unique Hero. After revealing an Order Marker on this card and before taking a turn with Black Panther, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on the card of any other Unique Hero you control with an Avenger Marker on its card. After Black Panther's turn, you may take a turn with that Unique Hero. You may not take any additional turns with any other figures.
Or, something that could combo even nicer with Cap:
Quote:
SECRET PLAN
At the start of the game, place a white Avenger Marker on the card of a friendly Unique Hero. After revealing an Order Marker on this card and before taking a turn with Black Panther, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on the card of any other Unique Hero you control. After Black Panther's turn, you may take a turn with that Unique Hero and, if it has an Avenger Marker on its card, it rolls one additional attack die when attacking normally or with a special attack this turn. You may not take any additional turns with any other figures.
Old August 20th, 2021, 11:24 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
SECRET PLAN
At the start of the game, place a white Avenger Marker on the card of a friendly Unique Hero. After revealing an Order Marker on this card and before taking a turn with Black Panther, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on the card of any other Unique Hero you control. After Black Panther's turn, you may take a turn with that Unique Hero and, if it has an Avenger Marker on its card, it rolls one additional attack die when attacking normally or with a special attack this turn. You may not take any additional turns with any other figures.
Somebody trying to modify special attacks?

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old August 20th, 2021, 11:29 PM
Symbiotic

I've been tempted to try and reframe his power as an Avenger Marker thing to go where the hype is, but I've really always been thinking of this as a generalist T'Challa that could hang with the Avengers vs a dedicated Avengers one.
Old August 20th, 2021, 11:46 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I think we need a dedicated Avengers T’Challa so I’d be fine with going that way. The old one is alright but a generalist as is.
Old August 21st, 2021, 12:09 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Quote:
SECRET PLAN
Yeah, we've since broken that ground, very seldom though. See Blacksmith and Red Skull (II).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I've been tempted to try and reframe his power as an Avenger Marker thing to go where the hype is, but I've really always been thinking of this as a generalist T'Challa that could hang with the Avengers vs a dedicated Avengers one.
I feel like the one we have is a generalist one that doesn't have a faction, thus sees little play, so one that can fit into more factional builds would be ideal, IMO. That said, I don't mind doing a Black Panther (Avengers) design at some point if you want to leave this one out of that loop, as I feel there's plenty of desire for one still in that case. Plenty still to mine from if so. All good either way just figured I'd take a stab at it before we get too far along.
Old August 21st, 2021, 12:09 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I like the Avengers marker idea. But leaving this as a generalist Panther works too.

Factionally, what are we looking at as a synergy hook for a future Wakanda faction? I think we just have the two T'Challas right now, and both are Human Kings, so I'm guessing that will be the hook.
Old August 21st, 2021, 12:32 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Quote:
SECRET PLAN
Yeah, we've since broken that ground, very seldom though. See Blacksmith and Red Skull (II).
Adding an attack die is substantially different than re-rerolling. It is an actual change to the special attack, not just a mulligan for the stated attack roll.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old August 21st, 2021, 01:00 AM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I feel like the one we have is a generalist one that doesn't have a faction, thus sees little play, so one that can fit into more factional builds would be ideal, IMO. That said, I don't mind doing a Black Panther (Avengers) design at some point if you want to leave this one out of that loop, as I feel there's plenty of desire for one still in that case. Plenty still to mine from if so. All good either way just figured I'd take a stab at it before we get too far along.
I think the main reason the current one doesn't see much play, despite being a pretty solid card, is that he just doesn't have a ton of soft synergies into anything - to the point that he's even hard to build those kinds of synergies for. Hard to write up a card that gives you that 'aha!' moment where the powers fit together with Panther's, because it's just hard to make Panther better at what he does (or especially benefit from Panther more than another similarly-priced beater).

So my hope here is to have an open-ended version with some easier mechanical hook points for soft synergies, to lend itself to popping up in more places and being something we could design more of Panther's supporting cast around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
I like the Avengers marker idea. But leaving this as a generalist Panther works too.

Factionally, what are we looking at as a synergy hook for a future Wakanda faction? I think we just have the two T'Challas right now, and both are Human Kings, so I'm guessing that will be the hook.
I know we've talked about Vibranium Armor as a synergy point for some cards - I think we've got a spin on the Hatut Zeraze somewhere that keys on that. But I can imagine some cards keying on Human King or Black Panther name instead, depending on the thematics.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library