Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old January 3rd, 2019, 08:20 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Book of Bolivar Trask (VOTE for INITIAL TESTNG)

Alright, I kind of struggled to make a Brotherhood team I wanted to run at 1000 points so I started looking at 1200 instead. I'm thinking of trying Trask out in a fairly large army then at that point total.

Trask............120
MDR x12........360
Sentinels x4....720.......1200 points (21 spaces)

He's a low point figure but he can move 6 MDR or 3 Sentinels and bonds Sentinels with each other or the MDR so I feel he should be tested in larger army builds. Just not sure if you are okay with him being a 1200 point army kind of guy as that means he won't be used in play testing all that often. With multiples of 180 and 30 though, he doesn't have a lot of ways to scale up or down from the traditional 800, 1000, 1200 point teams. Maybe once a second Sentinel card is created he could more easily move from 1200 down to 1000.

Trask...........120
MDR x6.........180
Sentinel x2.....360
Sentinel II x2...340 (170 each?)....1000

Any ideas about what kind of price range we are thinking about for a Sentinel II design?
Old January 4th, 2019, 09:48 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Well this was my full thought...I have 8 MRD troopers and 4 Sentinels...what combinations can I make with Trask that = round numbers. For some reason when I did that math I came up with 90 and figured if he came in too hot for 90 I could drop an MRD and make him 120. But I think the number (90, 120) was more like meant to be 100 or 130.

I'm really looking for a 1000 or 1200 range army here. My wish is for a three way 1000 point battle with X-Men, Brotherhood, and Sentinels/MRD

I always figured 2 MRD and 1 Sentinel would be back in reserves to protect Trask while the other 6 MRD and 3 Sentinels use his roll out power to do their thing.

6 MRD and 4 Sentinels and Trask at 100 makes sense. If we could get a set module down we could aim to keep that module in place with future sentinels....For Instance if Sentinel II was (180+30) 210 we could just sum it in by removing one Sentinel I and an MRD trooper.

Smaller Armies of just Trask and MRD trooper would probably be worth testing as well just to see if he's useful without Sentinels. MRDx10 + 100 point Trask for 400?

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 4th, 2019, 02:13 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

His X power bonds a Sentinel so I'd want at least 1 Sentinel in any small team test.

Trask (120 or 90)
MDR x10 or 11 (300 or 330)
Sentinel 180 .......600 point team.

I can go with the 1000 point teams approach if that is what you really are hoping to see, but then Trask was coming in at 100 (see above). If you want to maintain the idea of running a smaller 600 point team then doubling that to 1200 for bigger games makes the most sense since the MDR & Sentinels are already priced in multiples of 30/180.
Old January 8th, 2019, 01:28 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Is this in Initial Testing?

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old January 8th, 2019, 01:47 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
His X power bonds a Sentinel so I'd want at least 1 Sentinel in any small team test.

Trask (120 or 90)
MDR x10 or 11 (300 or 330)
Sentinel 180 .......600 point team.

I can go with the 1000 point teams approach if that is what you really are hoping to see, but then Trask was coming in at 100 (see above). If you want to maintain the idea of running a smaller 600 point team then doubling that to 1200 for bigger games makes the most sense since the MDR & Sentinels are already priced in multiples of 30/180.
very sound reasoning. With Mutant builds I don't mind a 1200 point build. It's pretty easy to get a Mutant army at any point level.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 8th, 2019, 02:24 PM
C3G Landlord

I've settled on a scaling testing regiment to see how he preforms and feels at a few different levels. I'm going to do one 600 point game with him at 90, then a 1000 point game at 100, and a 1200 point game at 120. Then we can review the results and you can decide what you want to do with him for public testing. I'm going to try and pull the figures and cards today if I can, not sure when the tests will start but I'm working through my process here.
Old January 15th, 2019, 07:41 PM
C3G Landlord

I've got two tests done with a 3rd test set up ready to go, but I wanted to post my results and see if you wanted me to make any adjustment first.

Spoiler Alert!

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (Bolivar Trask)
Army Test 1
- Does it pass, Yes or No? yes
- What should be the unit's point value? Undetermined as of yet.
- Give a brief preview. Trask is out hunting down some stray Mutants here, testing out some tactics and technology before turning his sights on the X-Men. Mastermind provides the little group of mutants OM flex while Armor gives them bonding. The MDR should find it difficult to crack Whirlwinds 7 def. and negate him so this could be a tough match for the humans, but that is why they brought a Sentinel with them.
Map: Sherwood Forrest
Units: Trask @110, MDR Trooper x11, Sentinel x1 (600) vs. Whirlwind, Strong Guy, Mastermind, Armor (600) *corrected*
Spoiler Alert!

Recap: MDR get off to a hot start with them initially proving me wrong about Whirlwind’s high defense being a problem for him as they put 1W with their first 2 attacks against him for a quick 2W. Then they also score 2W on Armor to start R2 off and negate her so she can’t bond with anyone for a whole round. They also scored a W on Strong Guy who opted to redirect it to Mastermind. After that hot start though things cooled off with Whirlwind’s defense standing tall and the Sentinel malfunctioning. Strong Guy took out the Sentinel it just two attacks while the MDR only managed to deal 2W to Strong Guy in return. Mastermind and Strong Guy took out the 2 MDR’s closest to them to start R4, and the final 4 MDR fought back valiantly hitting Strong Guy for 2W, that he again transferred to Mastermind, and finishing off Armor. Whirlwind wiped out the rest of the MDR on the next two OM’s, leaving Trask alone in his SZ.
I’m not sure if the 1 Sentinel approach is viable, the MDR can wear you down with 4 ranged attacks of 3 but sometimes you just need someone to throw a few more attack die and limiting yourself to 1 Sentinel ally forces your hand a bit. Four attacks of 3 is certainly better than 1 attack of 5 so the MDR got all the OM’s and the Sentinel only was activated via the X reveal. With a second Sentinel around though I might have given them 1 OM and planned on using the bonding on that turn for two attacks of 5. Plus the Sentinels have some move bonding with other Sentinels that might be nice to take advantage of. Then again it might have just been a poor draw for the MDR here with Whirlwind’s 7 def. holding up quite well after the first round, Mastermind not targetable at range, Strong Guy’s 6 defense being pretty solid with the chance to redirect W’s that he would receive, and Armor rolling double shields. Also the one Sentinel they did bring along did nothing at all, so had he given them anything at all maybe they would have pulled out the win here, or at least a closer finish. I really liked the rapid early deployment he offered though and the X bonding was pretty nice even if unproductive in this one game.

Army Test 2
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes, nothing wrong with the design mechanically at all, would consider bumping up his game impact though after a fairly low key performance.
- What should be the unit's point value? Thought maybe in a bigger point setting he would have bigger impact but a fairly solid loss. I’ll post my results first though and see if Japes wants me to run the last test as is or make any adjustments.
- Give a brief preview. Trask is determined to put the X-Men away and has assembled a team to do so. The Sentinels will be doing most of the heavy lifting here with the MDR just trying to get in a few negations.
Units: Trask @180, MDR Trooper x6, Sentinel x4 (1000) vs. Prof. X, Beast, Cyclopes, Jean Grey, Angel, Ice-Man (1000) *corrected*
Spoiler Alert!

Recap: I don’t know if Trask is going to make the Sentinels competitive with the way I roll dice. First Sentinel att. was a big whiff, 2nd one was a good one but blocked by Prof. X, then Cyclopes lets loose an Optic Blast and rolls 4 skulls hitting two Sentinels, one of which whiffs on defense and gets destroyed without ever doing anything at all. The dice must have heard my grumbling though as the Sentinels defense dice held up rather well over the next few rounds and I started thinking them might be able to make this a close game. Iceman & Cyclopes both fell to a combination of MDR & Sentinel attacks, but by the start of R6 Trask was all alone and there were still 4 Mutants in play. I rolled it out, but if felt like a waste of time. Thematically, I feel he should just run away once all his forces are wiped out. As for the Sentinels, even with Trask giving them one extra turn per round, the 640 points I spent on them didn’t seem to earn to back that investment. They changed the outcome of one initiative roll and dealt 2W to Iceman (75 points), 2W to Cyclopes (95 points), & 2W to Beast (68 points). Through two games I've never felt the need to break off engagement and try to go after Trask in the SZ early, the one extra attack of 5 per round just isn't that scary, better to stand your ground and deal with what is right in front of you. I feel you could get away with letting Trask bond one Sentinel with another Sentinel or the MRD on all 3 OM reveals here rather than limiting it on once per round. If you want to make sure the X is still being used on Trask to prevent teaming up with Master Mold, you could require an unrevealed OM on his card for the bonding to work. Also you could limit it to attack only bonding if you were concerned about it being too good since the Sentinels are already moving each other up when they attack anyway. Another though I had after two games was you could increase the d20 bonus for the MDR to +2. It would have only chanced the outcome of one roll in my two games, but that would be one more than it impacted at +1. After those bumps up, if you felt the need to pull back a bit somewhere you could trim his life and/or def. down by 1. He isn't going to be winning you many games fighting it out after his troops are all gone, the lower personal stats would just make an assassination attempt go a little quicker should someone decide to go that route.

- What should be the unit's point value? Big win here at 200 after the update, not sure if he could replicate that big of a win again once the recommended tweak gets added and if Mystique & Juggernaut were better played by me. I’d continue and see if others can replicate my success here or if it was a one off.
- Give a brief preview. This time team Trask is going after the Brotherhood leadership. Knowing they are being hunted, Deadpool has been hired on as a bodyguard. One non-mutant is in play here with Juggernaut being an ally willing to smash some Sentinels into pieces. The MDR are a bigger force here, doubling the number of figures from the last test so Anti-Mutant Technology may get a chance to make an important impact on the outcome. *Card updated to allow the Sentinel bonding on every turn and +2 to the d20 roll instead of +1.*
Units:Trask @200, MDR x12, Sentinels X4 (1200) vs. Magneto II, Mystique II, Juggernaut, Deadpool (1200) *corrected*
Spoiler Alert!

Recap: With Mystique able to Impersonate Trask, she becomes a high priority target early in the game while not using the Impersonate power. Since Mystique does not have a ranged attack I moved her up at the end of R2 to position her to get in a melee att. from HG should she bond with Magneto and he can throw someone next to her, that proved to be a fatal mistake as she whiffs on back to back defense rolls and 2 MDR’s take her down at the start of R3, Deadpool was not able to mock them. This cost the Brotherhood OM1. Juggernaut also fell in R3 without doing anything, then at the start of R4 and MDR managed to negate Deadpool so he couldn’t heal. Deadpool fell in R4 as a result, then Magneto followed in R5.
This one was huge win for the Humans and I think there were a couple of factors at play. First, I don’t use Mystique II very often and most likely misplayed her here. I was thinking her bonding was going to be more effective for the Brotherhood but it didn’t materialize for me. I only bonded with another mutant once, that was with Juggernaut who had been getting beaten on from HG and needed to move up to even ground and take out a MDR who was engaged with him. Juggernaut killed the MDR on that bonded move, but that was the only attack Juggernaut made in the whole game and Mystique never attacked anyone. As such those 540 points only managed to kill 1 MDR Trooper (30 points), that is just terrible. I should have just had Mystique use Impersonate instead and fill the assassin role to take down Trask instead of trying to make her a leader. The other factor at play here was the interaction of Mutant Alert on the Sentinel’s card with Trask’s Sentinel with Sentinel bonding. Revealing an OM on a Sentinel’s card and attacking a Mutant, triggers up to 3 other Sentinel’s free move, one of which can then bond where they move and attack a mutant, and the 2 Sentinels that didn’t attack can move yet again. This helped in two ways as noted above, the initiative boost from having all your Sentinels close to mutants proved to be a game changer in this one, and the extra move also allowed a Sentinel to engage Deadpool on even ground and finish him off where he would have att. from LG without the extra move. I recommend the ‘no other figures can move language’ get inserted in order to shut down this chain of events. When bonding one Sentinel with another Sentinel, the Mutant Alert moves should be eliminated.

Last edited by Yodaking; April 6th, 2019 at 01:27 PM.
Old January 15th, 2019, 09:50 PM
A Man of Taste

I'm good with upping the bonus. I wanted it to be impact-ful but chose constraint and only went +1 so if it's not having an impact then upping it is great. I really wish he would have provided more usefulness to Sentinels. I like your idea of multiple bonding with an unrevealed OM on Trask so I'd appreciate seeing how that works out.

Old January 16th, 2019, 02:23 PM
C3G Landlord

Okay, I can try to run the next test later today. This is what I'm thinking the power text would look like. Everyone let me know if that works or not.

ANTI-MUTANT TECHNOLOGY ENHANCEMENT

When you roll the 20-sided die for the Anti-Mutant Technology special power, you may add 2 to your roll.

SENTINEL INITIATIVE
After revealing an Order Marker on the card of a Sentinel or M.R.D. Trooper you control and taking a turn with that card, if their is an unrevealed Order Marker on this card, you may take an immediate turn with another Sentinel you control.
Old January 16th, 2019, 04:46 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Okay, I can try to run the next test later today. This is what I'm thinking the power text would look like. Everyone let me know if that works or not.

When you roll the 20-sided die for the Anti-Mutant Technology special power, you may add 2 to your roll.

SENTINEL INITIATIVE
After revealing an Order Marker on the card of a Sentinel or M.R.D. Trooper you control and taking a turn with that card, if their is an unrevealed Order Marker on this card, you may take an immediate turn with another Sentinel you control.
Perfect

SP updated.

Old January 16th, 2019, 05:11 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:

SENTINEL INITIATIVE
Looks much more useful! I'll have to keep this in mind, if I ever get to designing those other Sentinels in my Thread.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old January 16th, 2019, 06:35 PM
C3G Landlord

Last test completed and added to the report above. Everything is pretty well covered on my end so now it's up to you all to decided what the next steps are.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library