Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Notices

Old August 1st, 2008, 02:42 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Swords & Bows (No Guns or Lasers)

Well met!

4 players, 500 pts apiece, 2 teams. My team is (self)restricted to Samurai, Knights, Romans, Kyrie, Elves, Dragons. I have Annerios' Custom Elric. Each of our opponents has an unknown Custom (hopefully not gamebreakers!). Our opponents play everything else. Suggestions sought to deal with possible enemies (Krag Maga, Q9, Cyprien, etc.)

Considering the following:

My army:

Elric 130
2 x Knights 140
Mimring 150
Thorgrim 80

Teammate's army (he likes Samurai):

Kozuke 100
2 x Tag Archers 130
Tag Samurai 120
Syvarris 100
Tarn Vikings 50

or

Kaemon Awa 120
Kozuke 100
Syvarris 100
Theracus 40
Izumi 60
Raelin 80

or

2 x Tag Archers 130
Izumi 60
2 x Roman Archers 110
Tag Samurai 120
Raelin 80

or various combinations of the above with Concan, Sentinals, and even Templars. I plan to bring a few different lists for my teammate's army, and determine which to play depending on the terrain and (if I can get away with it) my opponents' army. Game is Wed. 8/6. Suggestions?
Old August 1st, 2008, 04:19 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Swords & Bows (No Guns or Lasers)

Do you have any idea what sort of customs you'll be playing against? Or what sort of maps you'll be on? It's hard to make competent suggestions with so many unknowns.

Old August 1st, 2008, 04:38 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!

Could you post Elric's card so we have a better idea of what's going on?
Old August 1st, 2008, 05:08 PM

heroscaper314 is surprisingly tart

Here is Elric's card:

Mimring seemse kind of out of place in your army. If you're worried about range you're probably better of using Syvarris (if you're teammate doesn't end up using him) and Marro Warriors or something like that (unless you think you'll be facing an army that relies on bunching it's units together, in which case Mimiring would be really affective).

Last edited by heroscaper314; August 1st, 2008 at 05:20 PM.
Old August 1st, 2008, 05:32 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Do you have any idea what sort of customs you'll be playing against? Or what sort of maps you'll be on? It's hard to make competent suggestions with so many unknowns.
Exactly! That's why I asked? If it were easy, or even reasonably hard, I would have had no need to ask. It is the challenge to create an army able to deal with the most unknown threats and environments. (If tourneys were run that way . . . .) Anyways, The armies above are constructed to be as flexible as possible, able to fight synergistically together or apart. Originally, there were only going to be 3 of us. I planed some combined armies with Concan and Sentinals or Templars in the mix. I learned only recently that I would have a teammate. I met him briefly; he's a good guy. I designed the current Teammate potential armies to allow for the fact that I will not impinge on his joy in running his own army (and he might know more than I do).

So, within these parameters . . . . I look forward to perusing your thoughts.

David
Old August 1st, 2008, 05:38 PM

Oh, by the way, I did mention that I was bringing a few lists to choose between depending on the terrain and my opponents' armies. For the sake of brevity, let's limit the number of lists to 4. So, 4 armies to deal with whatever might arise . . . .
Old August 1st, 2008, 07:31 PM

Well met!

As often happens, I imagine, being forced to make the nature of the exercise clear to you has made it clearer to me (I think). I most fear range. Thus my plan now is for us to maneuver for terrain advantage while dealing with obstacles by rushing those pesky ranged units with simultaneous waves of tough guys in pairs of squads (Knights/Samurai, with Thorgrim & Elric) with the most flexible ranged units possible. Thus:

My Army:

My team as originally constituted:

Elric 130
Thorgrim 80
2 x Knights of Weston
Mimring 150

my teammate's team, as follows:

Izumi Samurai 60
Raelin 80
2 x Roman Archers 110
Kozuke Samurai 100
Syvarris 100
Tarn Viking Warriors 50

I'm so proud! (Feel free to enlighten me concerning the flaws of my plan.)

David

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles