Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old December 10th, 2007, 07:37 PM

moorific is surprisingly tart
Inevitable Specials?

I had a quick question about some special powers that will always work so that there is literally no chance otherwise. The only one I can think of right now is Chomp, but I'm pretty sure there are more. I'm talking about specials that instantly kill/attack/defend.
Old December 10th, 2007, 08:07 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The gorillinators can get an automatic shield, and so can Hatamato Taro.

I never lay awake at night wondering how to design an army that will help me win 40% of my games. -- Jexik

Do NOT click this link.
Old December 10th, 2007, 08:25 PM

fejkl Woo who?
I don't mean to nitpick, but even those two abilities don't always work. Chomp only works vs. small and medium figures, and Tough does not work vs. Special Attacks.

Of course, if you're only counting small/mediums and normal attacks, then both of those abilities will always work.

Other than those, I can't really think of any others.

No signature here. Just keep moving on.
Old December 10th, 2007, 08:33 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
I think the original poster's referring to special abilities/attacks that don't depend on chance to work, which to my mind rules out Tough, which still requires a die roll for any attack of more than two skulls. I think Chomp is the only one that fits that criteria, but I wouldn't mind seeing more, as long as they don't go overboard. Chomp's pretty sick.
Old December 10th, 2007, 10:14 PM
The Orc Master

Browncoat is surprisingly tart
Any kind of aura (defense/attack/die boost) will also always be in effect. Anything that doesn't require the chance of a dice roll.

However, these kinds of powers are usually only found on Unique Heroes. All of whom are subject to Morsbane's Rod of Negation. So, as far as I know, there is no figure with a 100% guarantee stamp.
Old December 10th, 2007, 10:19 PM

moorific is surprisingly tart
Wow I really thought there was at least one other, I'm slightly disappointed in the game now, I think there should be more, so we're not so dependant on the D20.
Old December 10th, 2007, 10:23 PM
The Orc Master

Browncoat is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by moorific
Wow I really thought there was at least one other, I'm slightly disappointed in the game now, I think there should be more, so we're not so dependant on the D20.
There are lots and lots...

Bonding, Auras, Disengage, all kinds of specials that don't require a D20 roll. But as far as an attack/defend, Chomp is the only one I can think of that doesn't require a dice roll.

Chomp is balanced though. You must be adjacent, and it can only be a small/medium squad figure. You have to roll for a Unique Hero. Grimnak is not a hard figure to kill. Chomp can be deadly in the right hands, but it's not game breaking either.
Old December 10th, 2007, 10:28 PM

Pattar007 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Browncoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by moorific
There are lots and lots...

Bonding, Auras, Disengage, all kinds of specials that don't require a D20 roll. But as far as an attack/defend, Chomp is the only one I can think of that doesn't require a dice roll.

Chomp is balanced though. You must be adjacent, and it can only be a small/medium squad figure. You have to roll for a Unique Hero. Grimnak is not a hard figure to kill. Chomp can be deadly in the right hands, but it's not game breaking either.
I don't know, chomp can seriously hurt high cost unique squads.

Old December 11th, 2007, 09:20 AM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Yea and it CAN be game breaking if you chow down on a big time hero. I got to eat Sonlen the other day, THAT was a game breaker!

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old December 11th, 2007, 01:32 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd Stev
Yea and it CAN be game breaking if you chow down on a big time hero. I got to eat Sonlen the other day, THAT was a game breaker!
Yet and still, to Chomp a unique hero, a d20 roll is required and not automatic.

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
(All for just $4,000 BUCKS)
Old December 11th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
And I think the term "game breaker" refers to breaking the whole play of HeroScape, not being the definitive turning point in just one particular game.
Old December 11th, 2007, 04:41 PM

Altron_ZERO Woo who?
Scatter always works too.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's