Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old May 16th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Re: Champion for a Day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rˇchean View Post
I won Richardson Open yesterday with 7xVenocs, Mittens, and a Hydra.

You can scratch Venoc Vipers off the never won list.
Updated.
Old May 21st, 2011, 08:29 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

As of today, you can add Tul-Bak-Ra and Marro Drones to the list.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old May 21st, 2011, 08:45 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
I think Green Mountain Montage 2 was one of those events that has a winning player but not winning units.
Old May 21st, 2011, 08:58 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Quote:
I think Green Mountain Montage 2 was one of those events that has a winning player but not winning units.
True, but you do have units on the list from events in which you can bring multiple armies.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old May 21st, 2011, 09:08 PM
Is a Quadradical

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Quote:
True, but you do have units on the list from events in which you can bring multiple armies.
Really? Which ones? (I'm perfectly happy to believe you; this hasn't been the most formal of processes. But as we refine what we mean by "tournament winning unit" we should delete any that don't qualify.)
Old July 4th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

There was a tournament in Belgium for French and Belgian players.
Dalu's son brings 2 armies (it was a 6 games tournament with 3 games with an army, and 3 games with another army) which are:

Sir Gilbert 105
Finn 80
3x Westons 210
Airbone Elite 110
505 points

and

4x HSB 300
Q10 150
Raelin 80
520 points

He went 3-0 with each army and won the tournament (1st out of 13).

You can add the Horned Skull Brutes to the list!

Old August 8th, 2011, 03:22 PM

Freezie knows what's in an order marker Freezie knows what's in an order marker Freezie knows what's in an order marker

Not sure if this is still being updated but I know Samuel Brown was part of the winning Mass army at GenCon General Wars.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me -Psalm 23:4

Last edited by Freezie; August 8th, 2011 at 03:29 PM. Reason: I believe it was Deroche
Old August 9th, 2011, 12:30 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Yep, Deroche had Samuel Brown in his General Wars-winning build, and I used him in a win-a-Tundra event that I won. So he's off the list for sure. (It was a short stay.)

Interestingly, spider_poison was one win away from winning Heat of Battle and taking Valguard off the list. He played Romansx5 + Ne-Gok-Sa + Valguard in the 450 point event. If he had beaten Rollitontop's 4thx6 build in the last round, then he would have been the only undefeated player.

I just noticed that Shotgun Sullivan is on the list, too. He shouldn't be; lonewolf won Gencon General wars in 2010 with Knightsx5+Gilbert+Sullivan.

Last edited by dok; August 9th, 2011 at 12:32 AM. Reason: His army went on to write several famous comic operas
Old August 9th, 2011, 01:04 AM
2-time GenCon Mindshackle and Main Event Champion

spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Yep, Deroche had Samuel Brown in his General Wars-winning build, and I used him in a win-a-Tundra event that I won. So he's off the list for sure. (It was a short stay.)

Interestingly, spider_poison was one win away from winning Heat of Battle and taking Valguard off the list. He played Romansx5 + Ne-Gok-Sa + Valguard in the 450 point event. If he had beaten Rollitontop's 4thx6 build in the last round, then he would have been the only undefeated player.

I just noticed that Shotgun Sullivan is on the list, too. He shouldn't be; lonewolf won Gencon General wars in 2010 with Knightsx5+Gilbert+Sullivan.
I've always thought Valguard got a little less love than he deserved

Sure, he's not a super impressive stand alone figure, but he bonds with (arguably) the most effective melee squad (on a point-by-point basis) in the game. In Heat of the Battle, movement is less important, so substituting Marcus for Valguard can be a good thing. Still, in all but one of my games, I think Marcus would have been a better choice, but I'm a sucker for Valguard and really wanted him to win.

Of course, Mindshackling Nilfheim on my first D-20 roll of my first game and Mindshackling a Fen Hydra on my first D-20 of my second game helped as well (no joke, that actually did happen)

Last edited by spider_poison; August 9th, 2011 at 01:10 AM.
Old December 14th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hope your still doing this Ollie.

If so, you can scratch SOTM Raelin off the list. Accomplished by myself this past weekend!

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=38898

I know the armies aren't listed, but she was in mine.

72 tournaments. 173 - 142 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.

My goal, play every official 'scape unit in a tournament at least once. 149 down, 55 to go!
Old December 14th, 2011, 07:36 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

If C3V events are allowed, I won a tourney with:

Werewolf Lord
Van Nessing
Raelin
Black Wyrmling x3
Red Wyrmling x2
Blue Wyrmling x2

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old December 14th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash knows what's in an order marker yamissflash knows what's in an order marker yamissflash knows what's in an order marker

This post if no longer useful. Thanks for help Kaemon Awa 123.

Last edited by yamissflash; December 16th, 2011 at 08:51 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion