Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old August 26th, 2019, 12:25 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Do you guys have a preference between Reckless and Bold?

Also, how is Mettle for a Grit replacement?
Old August 26th, 2019, 02:14 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

Fanning the Hammer would be more useful (and thematic) if you could attack units adjacent to the initial target figure.
While being able to attack adjacent figures with Fan the Hammer would make her more useful, I don't think it would be significantly so and it would come at the cost of what is otherwise a simple yet unique Special Attack. At that point, it also starts to feel more like one of the shotgun attacks in functionality, which I'd like to avoid to let Kate stand out more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
I've actually looked into female gunfighter of the past and they seem to either be performers (annie Oakley) or bandits. Not sure any had the backing of the law and I'm not sure if they would even be able to claim a bounty. doesn't bother me since heroscape is a version of earth's history not our history and current media supports the unsung women of history trope.
A female Lawman doesn't bother me personally, especially as a unique hero. I actually like that angle, and classic HeroScape was never the most historically accurate representation of tropes anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Do you guys have a preference between Reckless and Bold?

Also, how is Mettle for a Grit replacement?
I feel like Reckless matches your proposed bio more. Bold could work as well, but it feels more generic, and Fan the Hammer already feels more reckless than bold mechanically.

I have no qualms with Mettle.
Old August 26th, 2019, 08:29 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I'm sorry, Rebellious and Lawman just doesn't work. The bio explains why she's Rebellious but not why she's an Outlaw. She could be a Rebellious Fighter, Rebellious Gunslinger, Rebellious Cowboy, Rebellious <insert class> but I don't think Rebellious and Lawman go together. I suggested Outlaw because it's the only cowboy class we have other than Lawman (other than Sniper, which obviously doesn't fit here).

Reckless and Bold are both great fits IMO.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 26th, 2019, 09:11 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

If this seems better, I'm going to check her availability and write up a submission.
Old August 26th, 2019, 09:48 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm curious if Fan the Hammer isn't a bit too inefficient. It's probably better than her normal attack on equal ground, but I'm not sure if 3 attacks of 2 on one figure is better than 1 attack of 4. I know it's a lot more complicated than that, with numbers and maths and stuff but I guess my worry is that Fan the Hammer doesn't add anything to Kate that her right-hand stats do already. I really like the theme of Fan the Hammer, and heck, I even like the power that you've got on there with it's simplicity, but it just feels a little stale with it's implementation when everything is put together. At least, that's my initial impression, just looking at it. :twocents:

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old August 26th, 2019, 09:53 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

That's a good point, Maklar. PK, I suggest running the numbers to figure out just how many advantageous situations there are for Fan the Hammer.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 26th, 2019, 10:08 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Well there's some obvious advantages: it can do a max of 6 wounds in a turn rather than a max of 4.

Against 0 defense, 2x3 does an average of 3.00 wounds, vs. 2.00 from 4x1. And 2x3 has a 98% chance to do 1+ wounds, vs. a 94% chance for 4x1.

Against 1 defense, 2x3 does an average of 2.25 wounds, vs. 1.69 from 4x1. And 2x3 has a 93% chance to do 1+ wounds, vs. an 85% chance for 4x1.

Against 2 defense, 2x3 does an average of 1.67 wounds, vs. 1.40 from 4x1. And 2x3 has an 83% chance to do 1+ wounds, vs. a 76% chance for 4x1.

Against 3 defense, 2x3 does an average of 1.22 wounds, vs 1.15 from 4x1. And 2x3 has a 70% chance to do 1+ wounds, vs. a 65% chance for 4x1.

Against 4 defense, 2x3 does an average of 0.89 wounds, vs. 0.93 from 4x1. And 2x3 has a 57% chance to do 1+ wounds, vs. a 56% chance for 4x1.

Above 4 defense, 4x1 is better unless you need a last gasp to do 5+ damage.
Old August 26th, 2019, 10:09 PM

That's fair. I'm heading out on a move soon - I don't know if I could run the numbers math-wise without playing a game, or how I would do that.
Old August 26th, 2019, 10:13 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I got the numbers for you, P_K.
Old August 26th, 2019, 10:16 PM

Haha! Thank you!!

Also, being an SA, there's obvious defensive bypasses you can do.
Old August 26th, 2019, 10:31 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Well there's some obvious advantages: it can do a max of 6 wounds in a turn rather than a max of 4.
This was the big thing I thought of.

Beyond that, the numbers showed what I kinda figured, the SA would do more against lower defense... But the numbers don't seem THAT much better. If I was in the middle of a game trying to decide between the two, without having seen the numbers superfrog whipped up, I think I would be at a loss on which was better, and would probably just go with 4 attack because it's the only one roll I have to do. Of course, that is with height; with her normal attack I think I would be able to more easily see that the Special was the better option.

I agree that the special-ness that comes with having a special attack (getting around Tough, Counter Strike, etc) is a nice utility. Still, I get the feeling that what Fan the Hammer offers is a bit on the scant side.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old August 26th, 2019, 10:38 PM

That might be fixed with a slight price drop. Probably not to Guilty's 30 point level, but 40?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards