Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old May 11th, 2019, 05:18 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers (MARS) Event Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Was just by Dad_Scaper that it has been a while since our last tournament. Early June might work as long as it doesn't mess with anyone's summer vacation plans. Any thoughts on date and format?
What I've always done this time of year is run a GenCon event. I think mostly, but not always, I did the Main Event format.

That way people who are going can prep, and those who are not going can still have the experience of making the armies and deploying them on the battlefield.

I'm happy to run an event, but I figure they're good for the host store, so I'd rather you did it. On account of it being your store.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 15th, 2019, 11:13 AM
Gun Totin' Nutjob

Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby!

I suggest:

Cluster Draft
Open to all players, 16 positions. 4-round Swiss style tournament. Players bring (3) 150 to 170 point armies, 7 figure limit, Marvel is allowed. Uniques used in one army cannot be used in another. Players draft the armies in a 1-2-1-1-1 format.

As that seems the most fun to me.

Date: June 8th or 15th.

Buddy Lee

"Out of all the ridiculous religion stories...the silliest one I've ever heard is, 'Yeah, there's this big, giant universe...and we're all just here, just 'cuz. Just 'cuz." - Trey Parker
Old May 15th, 2019, 11:20 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Oof. No thank you. As someone who brings armies for lots of people, several of whom are not really into the whole metagame, I really don't like that one. At GenCon it works because people who get it can sign up for it, but I don't think we can expect new people, or people without extensive collections, to get the most out of that one.

My 2c.

= =
Old May 15th, 2019, 07:47 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Also, 6/1 is not good for me. How’s 6/8, GO?

= =
Old May 22nd, 2019, 04:19 PM
Gun Totin' Nutjob

Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Oof. No thank you. As someone who brings armies for lots of people, several of whom are not really into the whole metagame, I really don't like that one. At GenCon it works because people who get it can sign up for it, but I don't think we can expect new people, or people without extensive collections, to get the most out of that one.

My 2c.

Good points. I am just tired of doing the same thing (400 to 500 point armies), and I was looking for something new and different.

Also: June 8th works for me.

Buddy Lee

"Out of all the ridiculous religion stories...the silliest one I've ever heard is, 'Yeah, there's this big, giant universe...and we're all just here, just 'cuz. Just 'cuz." - Trey Parker
Old May 23rd, 2019, 09:28 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

June 8th is kind of a tight turn, but we can see if enough people can make it. I agree with D_S that Gencon main makes sense. I believe that is Reverse the Whip.
Old May 23rd, 2019, 11:29 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

I made the June 8 suggestion a week and a half ago, G-O. If it's too tight, then make it later. Whatever you think works best.

The GC Main Event is for 2 days. In the past I've run it in one day as a 5-round event. Three rounds with your own army, and two with your opponent's. It's not a perfect implementation of the format, but it's worked out pretty well, over the years.

= =
Old May 23rd, 2019, 11:48 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I made the June 8 suggestion a week and a half ago, G-O. If it's too tight, then make it later. Whatever you think works best.

The GC Main Event is for 2 days. In the past I've run it in one day as a 5-round event. Three rounds with your own army, and two with your opponent's. It's not a perfect implementation of the format, but it's worked out pretty well, over the years.
I like the way your version as turned out. The old Bring the Cheese, Eat the Cheese. I will start a thread for the 8th and see if we can get enough.
Old September 2nd, 2019, 09:06 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

I'll be running something for National Heroscape Day 2019. Not sure where or when, but I'll announce it here. Along with all the other usual places.

I'm considering Third Eye Games in Annapolis. Haven't checked availability there yet, though.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events