Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old May 5th, 2011, 10:12 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
The Book of the Zombie Hulk

The Book of the Zombie Hulk

Soldiers of Valhalla

The printer-friendly .pdf version of this card can be found HERE.

Quote:
HORDE SHRIEK
After revealing an order marker and before taking a turn with this Zombie Hulk, if this Zombie Hulk is not engaged, you may first take a turn with another Undead Savage Hero or Squad that you control.

PARALYZING FEAR
Figures attacked by any Undead sutract one from their defense for every Zombie Hulk they are engaged to.

ZOMBIE RISES AGAIN
If an Undead Savage that you control destroys an opponent's large or huge figure, replace that figure immediately, if possible, with one of your own previously destroyed Zombie Hulks, and remove all markers other than order markers on that card. Undead are not affected by Zombie Rises Again.

The figure used for this unit is a Dungeons and Dragons miniature from the Savage Encounters release. The name of the figure is Zombie Hulk.

This figure fits on a double-spaced base.

-Rulings and Clarifications-

Q. Is the Zombie Hulk a single-spaced or a double-spaced figure?
A. The Zombie Hulk is a double-spaced figure
. The included base can be cut into an hourglass shape to fit properly, or the figure can be rebased onto a traditional Heroscape double base. Here is a picture of the figure rebased on a standard (narrow) double base:
Spoiler Alert!

Q. How do "Uncommon Heroes" work?
A. From the Battle For The Underdark Rulebook Glossary (emphases added):
Spoiler Alert!

Q. After revealing an order marker on a Zombie Hulk, can I activate Horde Shriek with a different Zombie Hulk?
A. No
. Only the Zombie Hulk whose order marker was just revealed has the option to use Horde Shriek. If that Zombie Hulk is engaged, you may not use the Horde Shriek special power. If you do use Horde Shriek, then the bonus activation must be taken with the Zombies of Morindan or with a different Zombie Hulk, and the Zombie Hulk whose order marker was just revealed takes its turn after that.

Q. Can a Zombie Hulk benefit from its own Paralyzing Fear?
A. Yes
. Any non-friendly figure that a Zombie Hulk attacks is engaged to a Zombie Hulk, and therefore rolls one fewer defense dice when attacked by any undead... including that Zombie Hulk.

Q. If a large or huge figure is destroyed by a Zombie of Morindan, can a previously destroyed Zombie Hulk be returned to the battlefield using Zombie Rises Again?
A. Yes
. Zombies of Morindan are Undead Savages, so the conditions of the Zombie Rises Again power can be met if a Zombie of Morindan destroys the figure. The Zombie Rises Again power from any Zombie Hulk card, either a destroyed Zombie Hulk or a Zombie Hulk on the battlefield, may be used in order to bring back a destroyed Zombie Hulk.

Q. If I destroy a single-spaced large or single-spaced huge figure with a Zombie Hulk or Zombie of Morindan, can I replace it with a previously destroyed Zombie Hulk using Zombie Rises Again?
A. Yes, if it can be placed in a legal position for a double-spaced figure.
A Zombie Hulk must be placed on the space (or spaces, in the case of a double-spaced figure) the destroyed figure occupied. When replacing a single-spaced large figure, the other space the Zombie Hulk occupies after placement may be any adjacent, same-level space.

Q. If a Zombie Hulk is negated and then destroyed, can it be returned to the battlefield via Zombie Rises Again?
A. Yes, if you have another, non-negated Zombie Hulk
. The "Zombie Rises Again" power must be activated in order to bring back a destroyed figure. If all Zombie Hulk cards have Negation markers on them, then the power cannot be activated, and you may not use Zombie Rises again. If a Zombie Hulk that had a Negation marker is returned to the battlefield via Zombie Rises Again, the Negation marker is removed (along with wound markers, Lycanthropy markers, and any other markers aside from Order Markers) and the powers of that Zombie Hulk are no longer negated.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received:
ORNAK: RED FLAG OF FURY
As an Uncommon Hero that follows Utgar, Zombie Hulk may benefit from Ornak’s RED FLAG OF FURY activation synergy.

ZOMBIES OF MORINDAN: ZOMBIE RISES AGAIN
As Undead Savages, Zombies of Morindan can return previously destroyed Zombie Hulks to the battlefield using the ZOMBIE RISES AGAIN power.

Durgeth Ravagers: Savage Cry
As a Savage Hero, Zombie Hulk may benefit from the Durgeth Ravagers' SAVAGE CRY activation synergy.

Synergy Benefits Offered:
ZOMBIES OF MORINDAN: HORDE SHRIEK
As an Undead Savage Squad, Zombies of Morindan may benefit from the Zombie Hulk's HORDE SHRIEK activation bonus.

PARALYZING FEAR: Undead Units
-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Ranking and Master Index
They've got some cool tricks, but outside of a certain set of matchups, they're usually not as helpful as another squad of zombies. B

Last edited by Sherman Davies; January 23rd, 2023 at 05:34 AM. Reason: added basing info
Old May 5th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of the Zombie Hulk

Looks great, Dok! I can't wait to use him at my next HS event that I run for the Brooklyn group.

Old May 6th, 2011, 09:32 PM

evil beagle 111 Woo who?

If you want to give the zombies a cavalry type figure to supplement the regular zombies and (very nice, may I add) hulk, you might be interested in the ""zombie gravehound" miniature. if ogres can get zombified, why not dogs?.

stats for dinosaurs:http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=22638
the beagles are coming to eat us all!
Old May 6th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Two quick cents from me:

In playtesting I liked having two. I thought that was the sweet spot.

Good looking book, dok.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 7th, 2011, 11:27 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Looks great, Dok! I can't wait to use him at my next HS event that I run for the Brooklyn group.
And I can't wait to hear the report! I know you guys are into scenario design, and I think the ZH lends itself to scenarios very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil beagle 111 View Post
If you want to give the zombies a cavalry type figure to supplement the regular zombies and (very nice, may I add) hulk, you might be interested in the ""zombie gravehound" miniature. if ogres can get zombified, why not dogs?.
Dogs already can be zombified. Big ones (like Marrden Hounds and Dünd) can turn into Zombie Hulks, and little ones (like Wolves of Badru or Anubian Wolves) can turn into regular ol' zombies. Heroscape is, of course, pretty loose with the appearance of these zombified figures. If you want to use a Gravehound mini in the place of the Zombie Hulk mini if you use "Zombie Rises Again" on Dünd, you have my permission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
In playtesting I liked having two. I thought that was the sweet spot.
I agree. Zombiesx4/ZHx2 is a decent way to spend 360 and leaves room for some support. On maps with spread-out startzones, I often put a Zombie Hulk on each end, which made it more difficult for the opposing army to neutralize both at once.

Zombie Hulks work well as counterdrafts against armies that have lots of large figures that are relatively easy to zombify (many Orc armies; hounds/Deathstalkers/Templar Cav/Groks, Death Knights with Dumutefs). They can also be good against armies that rely on powers that only work on small/medium figures (Braxas, Grimnak, TKN), especially if you also use Raelin to help the ZH last against the opposing big.

In general, though, they usually don't have quite as much impact as just more Zombies. I would probably give them a high "B" as a power ranking.
Old May 7th, 2011, 11:35 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Great photograph for the card too, dok. Don't know if it was intentional or not: but using a short depth of field, and focusing on his body, so his face is just beginning to blur but his gaping wounds are left sharply etched, is a great effect.
Old May 7th, 2011, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Great photograph for the card too, dok. Don't know if it was intentional or not: but using a short depth of field, and focusing on his body, so his face is just beginning to blur but his gaping wounds are left sharply etched, is a great effect.
Credit ZBeeblebrox with the highres photo, and robbdaman with the new card. Nice work, fellas.
Old May 7th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

The quality of the card is a reflection of the skill and dedication of the guys working in the Art Department of the C3V.

Stay tuned...

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 8th, 2011, 12:37 AM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

Since this is the first SoV-approved unit (that requires rebasing,) can you also post a photo in the book of the re-based fig as a guide. It seems to me some people would like to also see each new unit based uniformly, especially in tournament settings.

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old May 8th, 2011, 12:43 AM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!

Is this on a small 2-hex base? I assume my only option for these guys is to use an official Heroscape base, and not the Warhammer Bike Bases I was planning on using for my customs.
Old May 8th, 2011, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnival Man View Post
Since this is the first SoV-approved unit (that requires rebasing,) can you also post a photo in the book of the re-based fig as a guide. It seems to me some people would like to also see each new unit based uniformly, especially in tournament settings.
Good suggestion. I put in a (spoilered) photo in the answer to the "single spaced or double spaced" question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schulzy View Post
Is this on a small 2-hex base? I assume my only option for these guys is to use an official Heroscape base, and not the Warhammer Bike Bases I was planning on using for my customs.
It's between you and whoever you're playing, unless you're at a tournament. Personally, I would be OK with any base that fits legally in two spaces without allowing a ton of wiggle room.
Old May 8th, 2011, 01:24 AM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!

What I might do is buy up some Groks, use their bases, and repaint the figures as customs and put those on bike bases.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs