Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old September 23rd, 2019, 05:58 AM

BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Gargoyles (The Animated Series) Modded Figures for Heroscape

Firstly I'd like to thank Garenex (whose thread, that kicked off my curiosity on this whole matter, can be found here: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=55743 )

As well as the C3G team working diligently on actual cards for some of the Gargoyles crew. I encourage anyone with interest in this, and the time to do so, to go there and support them in their efforts to get the playtests necessary to get these and the many other great units coming out of C3G off the ground here: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...0002&page=1237

All that being said let's begin. I'm going to use this thread to go through the figures I've used to create the entire mainstay season 1 heroic crew for Gargoyles (sorry no Angela at this time and I doubt C3G has plans for her specifically). I am also currently working on 3 villains-ish (villains in Gargoyles shift allegiance all the time), and will include those when they are complete. I'll go over the processes used to mod these figures with pictures detailing them.

The main crew is here:

They are made from the following figures:

Gargoyles Goliath Spin to Life Burger King Toy:

The rightmost pictured Nakita Agent (this means that you can make use of the entire squad by repainting 1 Skahen, 1 Elisa, and use the third agent towards my Demona Mod/Repaint [more on that later]):

Battles Kingmaker: Trollhound #017:

Gargoyles Applause Figurine PVC Danglers:

The repaint is easy enough and is shown in Garenex's thread. (I won't include repaints in the step by step, as I have pics of the individual figures I'll showcase at the end. This will be about the modding process, and what is actually necessary.) For this mod I cut off the hideous bangs and gave her Elisa's signature pointy shoulders. I also later gave the back of her hair a bit of a trim along with hollowing out the ungodly flat white triangle that the heroscape figure has between the arms (so that it wouldn't look stupid from any top down angle). None of this beyond the repaint is necessary for anyone looking to add Elisa to scape.:

I pinned my early hopes for Demona on the pocket Pop! figure for her as the scale was very close to correct if the head had been closer to 1/3 the total size of the figure than 2/3 (and it would have been easier to pop a new head on a body and call it a day). I may have been overly optimistic, but the figure was free as part of a separate order and I never cared for the beady eyed pops anyways. TLDR, Pocket Pop! figure bodies won't work for scape (Marro for Scale).:

Here she is next to Goliath. I added his wing appendages, but that's completely unnecessary. Anyone looking to use him in scape can basically just pop him off of his spin to life apparatus (he even comes already based). I gave him quite the repaint and rebased him, as I will have no half measures on my battlefields!:

For Bronx I used a Trollhound Pathfinder mini. Don't be intimidated by all the Greenstuff on him, if you don't mind your Bronx being a bit furry and having four toes you could easily get away with just a repaint and chopping off most of his tail. I'd recommend adding the spikes to his back as well (which you could easily chop off of extra cheap minis you have lying around). With the ears on the mini being so close to the head, you can paint Bronx's Fin like structures.:

My mod from the front:

Here are the Danglers compared to Goliath. As you can see Brooklyn and Broadway are pretty close to the correct scale, so we'll mostly keep them as is. The Goliath Dangler is tiny, but can be used for a Hudson Mod, and the Lexington Dangler is outright the largest of the bunch (he'd easily be as tall as Goliath if he stood up straight). For anyone who doesn't care too much about scale, you could use all four of these as is (after removing the dangly bit and rebasing):

Starting with the two that take the least work, I won't show this process for all 4; but, removing the Dangly bit is as easy as prying it out. I also take this opportunity to cut off the lettering and copyright on the wings (that part isn't necessary if they don't bother you).:

After Dangly Bit + Lettering removal (I later plug the hole with Greenstuff, but you can use anything that dries hard, even a few layers of super glue):

Not necessary, but I remove Broadway's head from his chest and put it higher up to bring him closer to a show accurate size. Don't get me wrong, he is often displayed as crouching in this manner;but, by placing the head on the top we help create the illusion that his body is the correct scale (because his height is). I also cut and reglued the tails of both Broadway and Brooklyn (as they naturally jut straight downward) so that they would better fit a Heroscape base. I later learned with my Hudson mod (which has the same tail problem) that they are quite flexible and can just be bent backwards if the modder desires. I also touch up repaint them both later.:

I used the Goliath Dangler for the Hudson mod. I removed and reglued his head like Broadway to make him taller and added Greenstuff to give him a belly, shoulder pads, a size appropriate waist, garments, ears, beard, receding hairline, bigger forehead/brow, and a sword. I'm more than sure you could get away with simply repainting all but the sword (which can easily be lifted from another figure).:

Second layer of greenstuff to finish off:

Once again, my entire Lexington mod is unnecessary if you don't care about scale. One of the C3G Iron Men (Mark III) is crazy tall (much bigger than official Heroscape Iron man by a larger margin than the difference between D&D scape and classic scape). There is plenty of precedence for letting size differences like this slide. On that note, Lexington is tiny and mine will be too. I replace his huge head with Grimnak's head chopping off all unnecessary bits.:

I make these cuts:

Then these:

Then remove the excess:

This makes him smaller than Brooklyn, which was our goal:

I add greenstuff for a more natural looking chest/shoulder area, but you could always just make more precise cuts here and simply glue the head on.:

From the back:

Heroscape human for scale. Bronx is the smallest (should probably be Lex, but it's a close enough call as is):

Lex has a forward lean, but don't let perspective fool you, he's shorter than Brooklyn by a bit. (Once again, official there should probably be something like a whole tile height of difference between them, but we settle here).:

Broadway and Hudson have very similar heights depending on who crouches more:

And, of course, Goliath tops our height charts by about a head:

As the thread already has plenty of pics, let me know if I should post the individual shots (from 2-3 angles) in the thread, as comments, just link the imgur album, or not at all! I'll take a small break and then get back to working on the Villains soon. I've even got some really good figures in mind for the pack if there's interest, so let me know if C3G has any plans for them!

Last edited by BeardBeyond; September 24th, 2019 at 07:24 AM.
Old September 24th, 2019, 07:47 AM

Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Gargoyles (The Animated Series) Modded Figures for Heros

That’s some amazing work. Great Job!
Old September 24th, 2019, 10:51 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

@Lazy Orang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 24th, 2019, 11:05 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Those look bloody awesome, chap! I now know what I'm going to be using for Bronx.
Any thoughts on what you could use for simplish mods using Heroclix figures? Those danglers aren't exactly widely available. Hudson advice would be especially appreciated.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 24th, 2019, 12:54 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Awesome work! I picked up the danglers, was just going to use them as is and not in scale but maybe I'll tinker with them a bit after seeing what you did with them.
Old September 24th, 2019, 06:44 PM

BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Any thoughts on what you could use for simplish mods using Heroclix figures? Those danglers aren't exactly widely available. Hudson advice would be especially appreciated.

The easiest conversion I can see for Hudson from Heroclix would be Annihilus #053 Guardians of the Galaxy. Though that would still involve adding a Belly and Beard at minimum (and toes+garment if you care about that).

The Bones line has a miniature Bones: Ape Demon that comes with a Belly already. Not sure of the scale, but it looks like all you'd have to do is find suitable arms (one with a sword) to swap in and add a beard and some garments.

One of the biggest limiting factors I see for Gargoyles from the Gargoyles series is that their wings don't see much representation on inexpensive miniatures (and often when they do, they simply aren't a match).
Old September 24th, 2019, 06:45 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Impressive. Inspiring. Incredible.
Old September 25th, 2019, 12:56 AM

Elisa Maza:

Old September 25th, 2019, 01:05 AM

Goliath:

Old September 25th, 2019, 01:07 AM

Brooklyn:

Old September 25th, 2019, 01:09 AM

Broadway:

Old September 25th, 2019, 01:10 AM

Lexington:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions