Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Terrain Makers

Notices

Old July 22nd, 2016, 09:09 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: C3G CityScape

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
I was searching for printable Heroscape hex mats and found this. Is there anything similar to those but for Marvelscape? Something with streets, sidewalks, etc?

I want to print out some buildings and stuff for C3G but do not have enough terrain for it.
It's taking longer because we are making them modular so you can create multiple layouts. I'm tempted to just do an intersection, and a straight street non modular map similar to the link you posted just to put it out but haven't decided.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old July 22nd, 2016, 02:51 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
It's taking longer because we are making them modular so you can create multiple layouts. I'm tempted to just do an intersection, and a straight street non modular map similar to the link you posted just to put it out but haven't decided.
No rush. I know that you guys work hard on all of this stuff. Take your time and we will enjoy it when it's done.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old July 27th, 2016, 07:43 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

I wasn’t really sure where to post this but I was checking out a miniatures game called Combat Storm and I noticed that they had a free download section for papercraft. I didn’t know if any of it could be used or converted for C3G but I thought I would link to it just in case. It does have some nice shipping containers, a dumpster, some cars, etc., that looked like they might fit right in.

Check it out here if interested.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old October 14th, 2016, 01:43 AM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey Japes, how did you make that white sidewalk? looks like foam board? I've tried in the past to make them, but they always come out wildly unsymmetrical.
Old October 14th, 2016, 08:02 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0B5T3R View Post

Hey Japes, how did you make that white sidewalk? looks like foam board? I've tried in the past to make them, but they always come out wildly unsymmetrical.
Yeah that was an old prototype. But what I did was to print a Hex pattern and then I took a scrap piece of plexiglass and tape the print out to it. I then drilled holes at each corner and created a template. I then just put my template over a piece of foam board and punched small indents into the foamboard. Then just hours of playing connect the dots.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 14th, 2016, 10:01 AM

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Talking Re: C3G CityScape

Yeah that was an old prototype. But what I did was to print a Hex pattern and then I took a scrap piece of plexiglass and tape the print out to it. I then drilled holes at each corner and created a template. I then just put my template over a piece of foam board and punched small indents into the foamboard. Then just hours of playing connect the dots.[/QUOTE]

I see, I'm trying to get my Cityscape going but it can be pricey. Thanks for the info
Old October 14th, 2016, 10:40 AM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Yeah that was an old prototype. But what I did was to print a Hex pattern and then I took a scrap piece of plexiglass and tape the print out to it. I then drilled holes at each corner and created a template. I then just put my template over a piece of foam board and punched small indents into the foamboard. Then just hours of playing connect the dots.
I see, I'm trying to get my Cityscape going but it can be pricey. Thanks for the info[/QUOTE]

I have been putting it off for lack of time. but my hope is to do the foam insulation method where you press the hexes into it and then paint it up.

My hope is to make a large sheet that can hold my whole city setup.
Old October 14th, 2016, 10:43 AM

If you get around to that, I'd love a tutorial
Old October 14th, 2016, 10:49 AM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
If you get around to that, I'd love a tutorial
somewhere here on heroscapers there is a tutorial, that is where I got the idea!
Old October 14th, 2016, 10:59 AM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmeeple View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes
I see, I'm trying to get my Cityscape going but it can be pricey. Thanks for the info
I have been putting it off for lack of time. but my hope is to do the foam insulation method where you press the hexes into it and then paint it up.

My hope is to make a large sheet that can hold my whole city setup.
I tried this as well. I still have a sheet of the pink foam that's been in my garage for about 2 years now...maybe longer. It was more difficult that I had thought to get those impressions in the foam. I think I actually ended up breaking a few tiles in the process so I have up. We've been experimenting for a few years with a system that tile-able city street sections for maximum variability with minimum effort. This winter I should get more bulk time to get back to it so we can be ready for testing and then a release soon.

Old December 24th, 2016, 11:25 AM
A Man of Taste

Found a new inspiration at this site...

He uses corkboard instead of foamcore because it's easier to cut, glue, and paint.

Old December 24th, 2016, 11:31 AM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Found a new inspiration at this site...

He uses corkboard instead of foamcore because it's easier to cut, glue, and paint.
Check out the Strongpoint link in there for some ruined buildings

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Terrain Makers