Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old November 2nd, 2014, 06:27 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Gorillitroopers

Thanks caps! I'll probably pick up 2 of those cases when I can then.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old November 2nd, 2014, 08:08 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
They're certainly not cheap, at 52.5 points per figure (the most expensive of the squads if I remember correctly).
With such an expensive cost per figure, these monkeys would really hate Braxas, I would think.
Old November 2nd, 2014, 08:55 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1998 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
They're certainly not cheap, at 52.5 points per figure (the most expensive of the squads if I remember correctly).
With such an expensive cost per figure, these monkeys would really hate Braxas, I would think.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old November 2nd, 2014, 09:01 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1998 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Haha, just checking that was as devious as I thought.
Old November 3rd, 2014, 09:34 AM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!

Once I get some Gorillitroopers I'm thinking of trying this 500 point army.

Gorillitroopers x2 210
Zaeus 340
Nhah Scirh Cultists x2 500

I know there's only 2 squads of troopers, but with their Tough power they should do well against squads. And if some special attackers are sent out to by-pass Tough, then the Cultists come in to kill the special attacker. Also, the Cultists could triple as glyph grabbers or a screen for the gorillas. It seems like a well rounded army, I'm looking forward to getting the chance to play it sometime
Old November 10th, 2014, 05:12 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
To those who have them and have played them... What's the magic number for these guys? 2 squads? 3? They're certainly not cheap, at 52.5 points per figure (the most expensive of the squads if I remember correctly) so its probably better to ask the opinions of you fine gentlemen.
As I mentioned in my recent NHSD and VC thread, I played with 3 squads + Kursus as an army core and was very pleased with the results. I would also consider 2 squads + Laglor. At 4 squads, it starts to become difficult to afford a bonding hero at all--don't forget you're going to need to round out the army with a decent screen. In my case I used Beakface Sneaks, but rats are always good, of course, and I've also considered PKs (although you wouldn't be able to afford very many of them). I think you could possibly do interesting things with only 2 squads, but 3 seemed to be the winner for me.

And, yes, Braxas and Grimnak and essentially anything with an autokill is going to be your Achilles heel. Hell, I had issues with bloodburst thralls in one game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyTankster View Post

Gorillitroopers x2 210
Zaeus 340
I don't think Zaeus brings a lot to the table with the 'troopers. Kursus is cheap, has decent mobility, and every once in a while you get that hail Mary pass/kamikaze attack to pay off. Laglor has the downside of being expensive, but the range boost can make it worthwhile. But Zaeus is even more expensive than Laglor, gives you one power that's essentially worthless in this army, and another power that's a mediocre SA ... it's not terrible by any stretch, but it can hurt you as often as it can help you, and it's his only way of getting a ranged attack. Laglor has a normal ranged attack, a ranged SA that's decent and never harmful, and he boosts the 'troopers autocannons. Plus his survivability is probably a bit better. Plus he's 20 pts cheaper. Go out and splurge on Marcu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old November 10th, 2014, 08:39 AM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!
Unhappy Re: The Book of Gorillitroopers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Quote:

Gorillitroopers x2 210
Zaeus 340
I don't think Zaeus brings a lot to the table with the 'troopers. Kursus is cheap, has decent mobility, and every once in a while you get that hail Mary pass/kamikaze attack to pay off. Laglor has the downside of being expensive, but the range boost can make it worthwhile. But Zaeus is even more expensive than Laglor, gives you one power that's essentially worthless in this army, and another power that's a mediocre SA ... it's not terrible by any stretch, but it can hurt you as often as it can help you, and it's his only way of getting a ranged attack. Laglor has a normal ranged attack, a ranged SA that's decent and never harmful, and he boosts the 'troopers autocannons. Plus his survivability is probably a bit better. Plus he's 20 pts cheaper. Go out and splurge on Marcu.
If I had a Laglor figure and a Marcu figure I might agree with you...
I do like Zaeus though. I know his special attack could hurt me, but it could also do a lot of damage to the other side. I will say I misread Zaues' card, think that the movmeent bonding would work with the gorillitroopers. That makes the army a little worse, but I still want to play it some time.
Old November 16th, 2014, 11:51 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
If I had a Laglor figure and a Marcu figure I might agree with you...
Ah. Yeah, that does put a damper on that particular strategy. But perhaps you could use proxies ... or, if you're playing online games, you can play with pretty much anything, AFAIK. Laglor can be a lot of fun in the right army ... I think he's the best of the flagbearers, although I know some favor Gilbert.

Quote:
I do like Zaeus though. I know his special attack could hurt me, but it could also do a lot of damage to the other side. I will say I misread Zaues' card, think that the movmeent bonding would work with the gorillitroopers. That makes the army a little worse, but I still want to play it some time.
Yeah, I really wanted Zaeus to work with the Gorillitroopers, but I think in the end it would have made them too powerful (and would have required some fancy footwork in the wording department anyway). Zaeus is still a great figure, don't get me wrong--I just don't think he adds much to the Gorillitroopers. Other than theme, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old January 17th, 2015, 09:00 PM

i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey all,

I'm having difficulty locating the alternate cards. The only PDF I can find features the "Yetis" figures.

Are there any alt layout available? Thanks for any help. I apologize in advance if I've overlooked the files.

Cheers!

My sale/trade/wants/haves.

Also spend my free time drawing robots:
Instagram @robotoftheday
Old January 17th, 2015, 09:51 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_r_beej View Post
Hey all,

I'm having difficulty locating the alternate cards. The only PDF I can find features the "Yetis" figures.

Are there any alt layout available? Thanks for any help. I apologize in advance if I've overlooked the files.

Cheers!
Searching "gorillitroopers" in the downloads section brings up five results; I imagine one of those is what you're looking for.

Old January 17th, 2015, 10:03 PM

i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness

*facepalm*
I would SWEAR that I had actually searched for "gorillatroopers" in Downloads.

My sale/trade/wants/haves.

Also spend my free time drawing robots:
Instagram @robotoftheday
Old January 17th, 2015, 10:12 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_r_beej View Post
*facepalm*
I would SWEAR that I had actually searched for "gorillatroopers" in Downloads.
That's probably exactly what you searched for. That search gives no results; you have to spell it right for them to come up.

The other four should probably be linked in the spoiler in the OP, @Heroscaper Guy .

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs