Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 24th, 2010, 10:22 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Flash - Design Phase

I don't like having two different Speed powers just for the sake of having the ability to move through DOs. I don't like it at all.
Old March 24th, 2010, 10:48 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Well, I guess I can see where the extra text could be an issue. So, unless I am not alone on their being different Speed Powers (which right now it feels like I am), I will bow to the wisdom of the group (or in this case Griff and Bats it seems. )

However, I really think Flash should be able to at least be able to move slightly to use this attack, which is I believe what it currently allows. It does not allow him to run away afterward, or move during. It only allows for a repositioning to get maximum effect out of its use, and therefore, should allow for it to get more use.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old March 24th, 2010, 10:58 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
However, I really think Flash should be able to at least be able to move slightly to use this attack, which is I believe what it currently allows. It does not allow him to run away afterward, or move during. It only allows for a repositioning to get maximum effect out of its use, and therefore, should allow for it to get more use.
But the best thing about this SA forcing him to not move is that he has to prepare to use it, which means he has to sit still, and that is the sorta thing you need to tempt him with when you create a near game breaking unit like Flash. That was what came up in the preliminary playtesting, and I can't go against real results for the sake of theory.
Old March 25th, 2010, 12:37 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

My experience from playtesting tells me he doesn't need to get more use out of it. Honestly, the ability to engage someone and use the special attack on the same turn increases his cost about 40-50 points.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 25th, 2010, 12:40 AM

Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think people are hung up on the very literal interpretation of moving "through" DO's. Superspeeders are quite often depicted running up walls and over objects, like cars, without phasing through them.
Old March 25th, 2010, 12:45 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I'm a little late to this discussion. When Chas and I designed our version of Flash, we let him move through obstacles that are 1 space wide, such as a small tree or single castle wall, or the edge of a larger glacier, as well as destructible objects. We also gave him Stealth Dodge, with just his simple Defense of 6 (without any special powers) for melee.

Old March 25th, 2010, 02:39 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Cool direction with the Flash. I would almost go as far to say his personality could be BRASH, not just Bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
HYPERSPEED
Flash does not stop his movement when entering water spaces. Flash may attack once with his normal attack any time before, during, or after moving as long as Flash is on a space that he could end his movement on when he attacks. Flash may move through all figures and destructable objects and never takes leaving engagement attacks. Subtract one from Flash's movement number for each wound marker on this card.

FIST FUSILLADE SPECIAL ATTACK
RANGE 1, ATTACK 1,2,3,4.
Before moving Flash you may choose to use Fist Fusilade Special Attack. Start the attack with a number of attack dice equal to Flash's current movement number. You may move Flash up to 3 spaces before attacking with Fist Fusillade Special Attack. Flash may attack using 1,2,3, or 4 dice to roll attack until all attack dice have been used. Flash may not use Fist Fusilade Special Attack if he uses his regular movement this turn.

SPEED 4
When Flash defends against an attack from a figure without the Superspeed or Hyperspeed special power, and you roll at least one Blank, Flash takes no damage and may immediately move up to 4 spaces.
I don't know if any of this has been covered as there are too many pages & too many C3G threads to catch up on, but...

First off there is already an official Hyper Speed, ala Silver Surfer.

Is this Hyperspeed power meant as a constant always used when moving type of deal?
  • If it is the 2nd & last sentences of Fist Fusillade SA are confusing.
  • If it's not then I can just move normally each move & maintain my full 13 move, is that correct (I just won't get to continue movement on water, move through obstacles, or continue my move after attacking, right)?
  • Either way I don't think it is really spelt out clear enough, just IMPO. I would suggest wording but I don't know which way it's intended sorry.
I can't comment on Fist Fusillade without know the intent of Hyperspeed.

Speed 4 seems very ok & straight forward. To the mathematicians: what is the odds of rolling just 1 blank?

Sorry if it's all been discussed & I am too late to the party.

BTW I love the comic art.

Cheers
Old March 25th, 2010, 02:45 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I don't know about odds, but there's one blank on every six sided die, which means it's coming up one sixth of the time for each die. That means on four dice, you've got an average of .66 blanks occurring.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Old March 25th, 2010, 02:59 AM

In terms of him avoiding attacks or Blocking, I know through playtesting he is successful way more times than not. I playtested a bunch of different concepts for that evasion ability, and the current one worked the best.
Old March 25th, 2010, 03:07 AM

UtgarsWorstFear is surprisingly tart

Probability of rolling a blank out of 4 dice = about 16.7% of the time.

Odds of rolling a blank out of 4 dice = 1:5. eh...maybe thats 5:1... haha.
Anyway, for every 5 times you roll defense it should happen once is how it should go.

C3G is why I play heroscape.

Last edited by UtgarsWorstFear; March 25th, 2010 at 03:18 AM.
Old March 25th, 2010, 04:00 AM

The cool thing is, when you are not rolling that blank, you are rolling shields.
Old March 25th, 2010, 04:39 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
The cool thing is, when you are not rolling that blank, you are rolling shields.
Not the way I roll, their all skulls.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library