Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old August 10th, 2009, 08:03 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: Perfect bases for Heroscape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
I think I like A. Some side shots would also be nice, if you get a chance.
It would just be with my phone. Any suggestions on an angle?

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old August 10th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Hmmmm, I don't know if I want to sand. So, does Base A fit nicely in a ladder? Is the height close to official and are they "sufficient" enough to hold up a Giant Man mini without tipping over?

Sorry about all the questions my man but at $2 per 15, I can order 45 of these bad boys for $10 to include shipping.
Old August 10th, 2009, 08:18 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Base C is $1.58 right now for 8 of them.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old August 10th, 2009, 08:46 PM
C3G's First Fan

I am working on these questions, Matthelm. I will post when I have them.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

RIP George Perez
Old August 10th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

I patiently await any more details you can provide. the affordability of choice A seems almost ridiculous.
Old August 10th, 2009, 10:22 PM
C3G's First Fan

Ok, here are the side views of each base.
Base A (Elfball 30 mm)

Base B (Warhammer, I think)

Base C (Age Of Ragnarrok)

For Ladders, Base A fits well, a little loose. Base B is very snug, sorta pops in. And Base C as is, does not fit. I am going to try to sand one down tonight and see how it is.

Not sure about Giant Man, as I already have him on an official base (actually its yellowjacket.) But Base C is definately the sturdiest. Base B has the smallest Surface on top. Hope that helps!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

RIP George Perez
Old August 10th, 2009, 10:26 PM
C3G's First Fan

IMO, both base A and C are steals! Base C would require a hammer to break, whereas Base A could be broken in half with your hands. Both are plastic. But again, A has the holes on bottom and fits in the ladder as is. So, I guess it comes down to prefference.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

RIP George Perez
Old August 10th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Captain Underpants

DUDE!!!!!! That helps a bunch. Even though the ladder thing is not all that important, I fear that Base C may be too much of a hassle with the sanding needed to get a smooth surface for glue. I mean the more I look at it, is it that much difference in size than the Heroclix bases?

I think Base A may be the way to go. Like I said, the cost is just too easy. 15 for $2!!!!! I can have nearly 50 customs rebased for only $10 (inlcudes shipping) and no real effort other than printing labels (now where do I find glossy label paper?)
Old August 10th, 2009, 10:42 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
Base C looks the closest in diameter. Is it also the closest in height? And what exactly does the texture look like? Does it look like asphalt or rocks? If so, I may not need to bother with a sticker.

Oh yeah, and how much were they?
I can't comment on the other two, but base B is 3mm high, the same as official bases. This accounts for why they fit well in the ladder slots. They look a bit thicker in the pics due to the rounded lips.
Old August 10th, 2009, 10:42 PM
C3G's First Fan

maybe just use photo paper and superglue them on?
Doesn't one of the C3G guys work in the printing biz? I bet whoever it was (Garada?) could help with that question.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

RIP George Perez
Old August 10th, 2009, 10:45 PM
C3G's First Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgermaniac View Post
I can't comment on the other two, but base B is 3mm high, the same as official bases. This accounts for why they fit well in the ladder slots. They look a bit thicker in the pics due to the rounded lips.
Not mine. I ordered the one you have after seeing your pic of Warrior Woman and it is slightly taller than Heroscape bases. Without the lip it would be the exact same height.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

RIP George Perez
Old August 10th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
I think Base A may be the way to go.
That's what I'm thinking, too.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations