Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Notices

Old February 1st, 2013, 05:14 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Heroscape Online - Tournament Style Map Contest

Crixus--it runs well even on older computers, so if you're interested, give it a try. You can download it here: http://didier.paradis.free.fr/virtua...rs/Page385.htm

Get the 1.070 version.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old February 1st, 2013, 07:18 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by marrowick View Post
Here's my entry I hope it's not too big Cascade Falls.

You should include startzone spaces on your map, and a link to pdf build instructions with your submission. (Use cutepdf or similar software to enable printing the build instructions to a pdf file.)
Old February 1st, 2013, 07:48 PM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Extending the Deadline by 2 weeks, due to low amount of entrees at this point.
I had a map ready to submit today, just in time for the original deadline, but now I'm afraid I'll have to procrastinate.
Old February 1st, 2013, 08:06 PM

=Ace= is surprisingly tart

Is my map fine?

I wonder if she still remembers...
Old February 1st, 2013, 08:33 PM
I probably just killed the joke - in comic sans

marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Here's my entry I hope it's not too big Cascade Falls.

You should include startzone spaces on your map, and a link to pdf build instructions with your submission. (Use cutepdf or similar software to enable printing the build instructions to a pdf file.)
Thanks I'll do that.

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." - John 14:6

Old February 1st, 2013, 08:52 PM

marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I tried to download cutepdf but it gave me this toolbar instead. I saw the pdf converter in there and when I tried to install it, it did not work. Could someone please give me a working link.

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." - John 14:6

Old February 1st, 2013, 08:56 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
I tried to download cutepdf but it gave me this toolbar instead. I saw the pdf converter in there and when I tried to install it, it did not work. Could someone please give me a working link.
I never had any success with cutepdf...which is why I use doPDF.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 06:45 AM

bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
  • Design your maps with the goal of them being reasonably balanced for 1v1 games involving typical tournament armies. So, for example, try to ensure that games are not completely dominated by ranged figures or flying figures, and are not too tough on double-spaced walking melee figures.
  • Design your maps to drive the action. Because online games are generally untimed and are played to completion, maps that reward conservative camping/turtling behavior are a problem.
Does the map have to be standard 'kill the other team' or can other victory conditions also be included? As per someone's current entry, can the Glyph of Brandar be used for victory points for example, or could certain spaces be marked on the map as an exit etc?
Old February 2nd, 2013, 10:19 AM

Okay start zone markers and link to a download to a PDF of build instructions added to Cascade Falls

Old February 2nd, 2013, 10:33 AM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Ace (and bacchus): The maps need to be reasonably balanced for kill-em-all play. Including an alternate scenario is fine, as long as you think the map would be fine on its own.

Marrowick: Read the rules all the way next time; this needs to be a 1v1 map (while yours could, of course, be played 1v1, the third side of the map would be a huge amount of wasted computer screen space).

Old February 2nd, 2013, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Ace (and bacchus): The maps need to be reasonably balanced for kill-em-all play. Including an alternate scenario is fine, as long as you think the map would be fine on its own.

Marrowick: Read the rules all the way next time; this needs to be a 1v1 map (while yours could, of course, be played 1v1, the third side of the map would be a huge amount of wasted computer screen space).
Sorry. I thought I had made it small enough so that it could be played with two players I'll make a new map.

EDIT: Cascade Falls Two-Player.

Last edited by marrowick; February 2nd, 2013 at 10:53 AM.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 12:52 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Sorry. I thought I had made it small enough so that it could be played with two players I'll make a new map.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games