Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old September 3rd, 2016, 08:46 AM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Gaming with family this weekend. Got in some decent gaming already last night. We will see how much we can get in today.

Get Bit x1

Not my favorite but did have most players super excited to see what would happen. At least its quick.

Codenames x3

Always a good time. I suspect this will be getting more plays today as everyone enjoyed it.

Isle of Skye x1

Didnt go over that well. It was getting later so perhaps patience was a bit thin? I still like this one but I suspect I will have to play it with others.

Pandemic Legacy x1

Still absolutely love this one. We lost a very close game in March and now have quite a few more panicing cities. We will see how our next attempt at it goes.

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old September 3rd, 2016, 10:23 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Hosted and GM'd an eighth game of Star Trek Ascendancy here, and introduced it to three new players. Everyone likes it. By the end of the long game, all of the systems were on the table, but new connections were still being made.

Looking forward to Cry Havoc (late Sept./early Oct.) and in Oct. C&C Epic Napoleonics and Ascendancy Expansions for the Cardassians and Ferengi!

Got a haul of 17 Superscape Heroclix figures upstate NY at Taeblewalker's. See my customs thread for our new Super Adaptoid design! Up there in the Monticello area I played two good games of Smallworld, which becomes much more interesting, even for two players, with the Realms Expansion, which gives you all kinds of new maps to explore. Also my first Fire & Axe with the new edition. A game of Kemet (partial Ta-Seti with the Black Tiles and new Battle Cards) before the Star Trek Ascendancy game noted above as a Seventh Play. Thanks to TW also for a tour of the Museum Village up there, a 19th Century recreation with reenactor hosted buildings and lots of chickens everywhere.
Old September 4th, 2016, 11:51 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Does Star Trek Ascendancy reach its goal of being a playable 4X game? Well, I just played three games of it in four days. Imagine trying to do that with say, Twilight Imperium!
Old September 4th, 2016, 12:20 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Well, I'm starting to get deeper into the "hobby" of assembling, prepping and painting figures required for certain games. Had started with Mercs Recon 28mm figures, having over 170 prepped and assembed, of which maybe 90 are primed and 30 are finished being painted.

We'll I was recently fortunate to be able to get one of the few Halo Ground Command starter sets, as only a handful of these were sold at GenCon, while the preorder folks still wait for theirs. I found one at Gamenerdz, who had 5 that went quickly, and I'm guessing they got them from GenCon.

Anyway, this base set comes with a lot of 15mm pewter minis, with lots of UNSC soldiers, 3 different versions of a Spartan, some rocket launcher and heavy machine gun teams and 2 Warthogs, which are jeep like vehicles with machine guns on the back. The Covenant forces get 2 Hunters, 4 Elites, one Zealot with a power sword, a lot of Grunts troops and 3 Ghost hover vehicles.

I guess I didn't anticipate how much work and time this will take just to get them ready to be painted. The Hunters were each 5 pieces, the Elites are 2 pieces, the Ghosts are 6 pieces, the Warthogs are a lot of pieces.

Anyway, with these pieces, you have to wash the release agent off first before even gluing anything together. Did that yesterday morning. This morning, I de-sprued and assembed the Hunters and Elites. Lots more work ahead. My goal is to get everything prepped and spray primed while the weather holds up, since I prime outside, so I'll be able to paint it all during the winter.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 4th, 2016, 01:31 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Sweet minis, too bad they are too small for Heroscape. Looks fun. That is why I'm so excited for all my Rum and Bones 2nd tide, massive darkness, and Darksouls games to come. I can use all those monsters and pirates and such for heroscape too.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 4th, 2016, 03:31 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

I've been playing lots of X-Wing and some Imperial Assault and Cards Against Humanity.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old September 4th, 2016, 10:11 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Wow. Those are all some of my favorites

Old September 6th, 2016, 12:22 PM

Speaking of favorites, Craig Van Ness says some of his all time favorites of his own designs are Heroscape, Queen's Gambit, Risk 2210, and MTG:AOTP. I noticed this because I own them all.

If you haven't seen his latest news, then Holy Cow!

QUICK--GO TO THE HOME PAGE IMMEDIATELY!!!

DO NOT PASS GO

DO NOT COLLECT $200

Last edited by chas; September 6th, 2016 at 12:38 PM.
Old September 6th, 2016, 01:36 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Speaking of favorites, Craig Van Ness says some of his all time favorites of his own designs are Heroscape, Queen's Gambit, Risk 2210, and MTG:AOTP. I noticed this because I own them all.

If you haven't seen his latest news, then Holy Cow!

QUICK--GO TO THE HOME PAGE IMMEDIATELY!!!

DO NOT PASS GO

DO NOT COLLECT $200
and please don't torture yourself playing monopoly.
I got in a few games of X Wing last night. Now that me and my one brother in law have played a handful of games of it, it really can cruise by quicker. I'm super excited to be getting another fleet of different ships to make it even more fun. My favorite part of the second game was me being able to kill 2 full life X wings with one Tie Fighter that had 1 life point left. My brother in law beat me with his last one though. Does anyone know if the point cost total for the regular tie fighters and the regular X wings are reflected through their maneuver dials that are not as good as the T70 and the Tie FO. In other words, could I give old luke skywalker a T70 Dial without having to change his points. He still has 1 shield less than Poe and the t70 pilots.

Old September 6th, 2016, 03:17 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I'm sure maneuver dials factor into ship coat and overall balance. Could be a fun house rule though.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 6th, 2016, 05:16 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I'm sure maneuver dials factor into ship coat and overall balance. Could be a fun house rule though.
I just hate how the regular ties and x wings don't get to do the more advanced maneuvers compared to the T70 and TIE F/O. Really, the difference is not that crazy in point value if you take the reduction of shields into account. I just really want to use luke skywalker in a T70.

Old September 6th, 2016, 06:48 PM

And the first Craig Van Ness game by his new company Soaring Rhino Entertainment will be:

Shifting Realms is a game of colliding worlds. Players must balance game play over three randomly selected worlds each with its own end condition. Once two out of the three worlds’ end conditions are met the game ends.

Players send out peasants to collect resources, recruit soldiers to protect their peasants, build structures to gain powers and earn victory points. Story cards and individual tasks add intrigue and complexity to game play.

In Shifting Realms, there are five worlds, Alfheim, Tyrfing, Dovre, Libertatia and Anunna. Each world is unique. The board layout, structures, Story cards, tasks and end conditions are all different for each world. The game offers 60 different possible layouts to provide for replay value. Each layout provides for new strategies and varying paths to victory.

(As listed on bgg)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games