Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old July 19th, 2014, 08:34 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Re: Long Island-IslandScape Tournament - Saturday!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
"Is Mississippi ready, General Barksdale?"
Mississippi is ready!"
--Generals Lee and Barksdale, Gettysburg the movie

Yea, but Barksdale was shot off his horse and killed at Gettysburg….

Just saying….
Old July 19th, 2014, 08:36 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Tournament Day!!!!!

Bring your best, your brightest, your combat ready!!!!

Old July 19th, 2014, 09:26 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

"When it comes to last place, there is really no competition!"
--Chas at Islandscape 2014

You couldn't find a nicer bunch of people to game with! We had a great day, and it was lots of fun. Despite his bluster, Griznakh did not really give me any serious competition for last place; nor did anyone else. But I still got a prize, and cake. Good times.

(Edit)

YOU'RE MY PRISONER!
Warden 816 90
Iskra Eisenwein and The Rechts of Bogdan 100
DeathWalker 8000 130
Izumi Samurai 60
Dumutef Guards x5 125
TOTAL: 505 Points/19 Spaces

Obscure Team Synergies: The Warden gave my D-Guards an extra movement space, and the Rechts got +1 attack when next to one of them.

My best tournament moment was at the start of my first game, when I gave my opponent some scary rounds after killing his DW 8000--he would go on to take Second Place. Not only did he have the same first name as myself; he had some of the same units. As it was his first Islandscape, I like to say I gave him his start.

Samurai vs samurai battles were common in this tournament--and they don't get Counterstrike against each other! I would face armies with both Izumi and Tagawas in both my first games. The B Units and Lower format made for some challenging army building for us all. Half of the boards on the tables had road on them, which was helpful to me, but I only played on two of them.

My second best moment was in my last (fourth) game against an army of Wrymlings--see this army listed down thread--when my sole survivor, team captain Warden 816, got height and blasted many of them down (eventually my team killed 10 of 16). I felt like Charleton Heston at the end of his last Planet of the Apes picture, since they just kept coming!

I picked up three Heroclix Superscape figures at the store, and Warbanner gave me a few bucks for my prize (an accessory for a game he owned but I didn't), so that paid for my new figures--Silver Sable, Crossbones, and Rescue. All of which turned out the next day to have non C3G cards made up on the site by Sherman Davies (the first two plus SS's Wild Pack Merc squad) and Necroblade (Rescue).

Last edited by chas; July 29th, 2014 at 05:19 AM.
Old July 19th, 2014, 10:55 PM
Titleless

Well, another Islandscape comes to a close. First of all congratulations to our 1st place winner DragonRuler. 2nd place went to Big Boa and 3rd to Warbanner.

Thanks goes out to everyone that attended, played, and made our 8th annual tournament such a great success!

I'm sure several if us will be posting army builds and battle reports. But later. I'll speak for myself but I'm tired! Reports will have to wait.

Can't wait until next year!
Old July 20th, 2014, 12:00 AM
...lest we all lose that 3rd turn mystery

The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I came for three reasons: To play an army that relied way too much on the D20, to win a gift card to the store, and to have fun. I did all 3!

My army was:

Master of the Hunt 140
3x Anubian Wolves 225
Ninjas of the Northern Wind 110
Drow Chain Fighter 25

Totaled 500 points, but I totally forgot Ootonashi. If I could do it again, my only regret was over committing my Ninjas in one game that I lost, but the whole army was incredibly fun to play, even if my concentration didn't show it. Every turn was a D20 role to decide my fate.

I wont post batreps, but I will say that my dice abandoned me more than they should have, including one die rolling a 20 for Unleashed Fury every single game on the very first turn.

Be polite: Don't put politics or religion in your signature!

Last edited by The_X_Marker; July 22nd, 2014 at 12:04 AM. Reason: The having fun was also there! I just didn't write it but I swear it was there!
Old July 20th, 2014, 11:52 AM

Big Boa is surprisingly tart

Thanks to all the Islandscapers for a warm welcome at this event! I had a great time and really enjoyed the 55 minute rounds and relaxed, friendly atmosphere. I look forward to next year and will monitor the thread for any events between now and then!
Old July 20th, 2014, 07:03 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Now it can be revealed! chas told me he was playing Iskra/Reckets, Dumatefs, Warden 816 and some other things that were not Death Knights, I suggested that, if i were able to go, I'd play one of the following:

Islandscape Armies

180 Deathknights x 3
125 Dumatef x 5
100 Iskra/Reckets
100 Syvarris
505, 21 spaces

180 Deathknights x 3
150 Dumatef x 6
100 Syvarris
75 Khosumet
505, 20 spaces

He told me that no one else played them, although someone "considered" them.

Old July 20th, 2014, 08:54 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Thanks to all the people that came out to celebrate Heroscape's 10th anniversary with another great Islandscape, and special thanks as usual to WarBanner and Grishnakh for organizing it all. I think our attendance was a little higher than last year's which is a great sign of how much life this game still has!

I ended up unintentionally playing one of the stronger armies at the tournament, at least on paper:

Morgoloth - 140
Wolves of Badru x 3 - 240
M-43 Resistance Fighters x 2 - 130

Having one of the only armies with bonding helped propel me to fourth place, my best showing since placing second at my first Islandscape in 2008! I also had a solid day luck-wise, generally rolling skulls and shields when I needed them. More than one opponent ended the day saying that Morgoloth felt like more of a B+ than a B, to which all I could say was, "Take it up with dok."
Old July 21st, 2014, 11:01 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks to Grishnakh and WarBanner for running it like usual!

My dad, DragonRuler, took home 1st with 5x Aubrien Archers and Sonlen.

My friend, HoundsRule, brought 3x Marrden Hounds, Su-Bak-Na, Zettian Guards, and Otonashi.

I brought 10x White Wyrmling and 6x Blue Wyrmling.

Thanks for a great time! We all really enjoyed it! The format this year was great, and we look forward to what you do next!

Edit: And also, thanks to everyone there for making this as enjoyable an experience as it was! It was great to catch up with some old friends and meet some new faces!

Last edited by OEAO; July 21st, 2014 at 11:59 AM.
Old July 21st, 2014, 09:18 PM

acefrehley Woo who?

This was my first HS tournament ever after only playing this game a few times before it. Even though I pretty much got trounced for the most part, I had a blast playing.

Thanks to all who were very helpful and showed great gamesmanship in reminding a newbie like myself some of rules for the special terrain, etc.

Being that I currently own very few HS figures (just getting into the game) - my army was somewhat of a throwback one:

Mimring
Deathwalker 8000
Brunak
Izumi Samurai
Tarn Viking Warriors
Otonashi (lent to me day of the tourney by Sherman Davies)

It was a really great environment for a tournament - and I came away learning alot from my mistakes (like don't EVER let your Deathwalker get engaged in melee!)
Old July 22nd, 2014, 11:54 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by acefrehley View Post
This was my first HS tournament ever after only playing this game a few times before it. Even though I pretty much got trounced for the most part, I had a blast playing.

Thanks to all who were very helpful and showed great gamesmanship in reminding a newbie like myself some of rules for the special terrain, etc.

Being that I currently own very few HS figures (just getting into the game) - my army was somewhat of a throwback one:

Mimring
Deathwalker 8000
Brunak
Izumi Samurai
Tarn Viking Warriors
Otonashi (lent to me day of the tourney by Sherman Davies)

It was a really great environment for a tournament - and I came away learning alot from my mistakes (like don't EVER let your Deathwalker get engaged in melee!)
I just waned to say that I am glad that you feel that way about this very enjoyable game. It's people and formats and venues like this that make it such a pleasure to participate in "learning a lot from [our] mistakes," and making new friends in the process. We have all been where you are in the collecting and discovering process. Everyone that I know that is involved with this game is extremely helpful, gracious, and kind to all new comers.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old July 22nd, 2014, 10:33 PM
...lest we all lose that 3rd turn mystery

The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Long Island-IslandScape Tournament - Recaps

It was also pretty cool to meet another out of Island Scaper, Mr. Johngee. Our events attract one or two new guys or out of state guys each year, and every time it makes me want to go to GenCon to meet even more!

Well, not this GenCon, but the next one!

Be polite: Don't put politics or religion in your signature!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events