Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 25th, 2010, 11:24 PM

fiddlerjones is surprisingly tart
FiddlerJones Customs - 4/6/2010

Hey all!
I'd heard about this forum a good while ago, but I'd never really checked it out. I used to make custom units a couple years ago, but I kind of fell out of it after awhile. Long story short, the bug has bitten me again, so I figured I'd post what I've made. Your feedback is appreciated.

NB: I'm aware that I should have put "Special Attack" as part of the name for the various special attacks. Apologies.

*Newest entries flanked by asterisks*

Without further ado, here's what I've got:

Abaddon, Master of Pain
Spoiler Alert!

Akahotep, Dragon Pharaoh
Spoiler Alert!

Atropos, Wailing Phantom
Spoiler Alert!

Azazel, Demon Warrior
Spoiler Alert!

Babylonian Royal Guards
Spoiler Alert!

Belial, Fallen Kyrie
Spoiler Alert!

Cernunnos, Lord of the Hunt
Spoiler Alert!

Djed, the Onyx Hound
Spoiler Alert!

*Dwarven Giantslayer*
Spoiler Alert!

Dwarven Sniper
Spoiler Alert!

Edarris, Dark Elf Spider Mage
Spoiler Alert!

Elven Huntresses
Spoiler Alert!

*Galganos, Demon Gladiator*
Spoiler Alert!

Harag, Troll Berserker
Spoiler Alert!

Kalona, Raven Shaman
Spoiler Alert!

*Krassk, Lizardfolk Alchemist*
Spoiler Alert!

Madame LaReine, Voodoo Queen
Spoiler Alert!

Osiris, Lord of the Dead
Spoiler Alert!

Osoreru, Spirit of Fear
Spoiler Alert!

Ouroboros Idol
Spoiler Alert!

Raelin the Fallen
Spoiler Alert!

The Scarab Swarm
Spoiler Alert!

Servants of Horus
Spoiler Alert!

General Sulieman, Blind Seer
Spoiler Alert!

Swamp Stalker
Spoiler Alert!

Thorgerd, Thunder Warrior
Spoiler Alert!

Thrym, Frost Giant Lord
Spoiler Alert!

Titania, Elven Priestess
Spoiler Alert!

Torch of the Deep
Spoiler Alert!

Vaartag, Orcish Bounty Hunter
Spoiler Alert!

Verdant Guardian
Spoiler Alert!

Warlord M-3, Soulborg War Machine
Spoiler Alert!

HEROSCAPE and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro. © 2006 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.

FiddlerJones Customs
"I ended up with forty acres;
I ended up with a broken fiddle --
And a broken laugh, and a thousand memories
And not a single regret."

Last edited by fiddlerjones; April 6th, 2010 at 05:30 PM.
Old March 29th, 2010, 05:47 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: FiddlerJones Customs - 3/25/2010

Interesting stuff, there, bro. I only took a cursory glance but two observations: Servants of Horus probably shouldn't be Kyrie. Kyrie are native inhabitants of Valhalla. They're all winged humanoids. These guys are wingless, bird-headed humanoids, which really doesn't fit...also Osiris wasn't Lord of the Dead, Anubis was. Not a huge deal, but thought I'd point it out. I'll take a longer look some other time. Cheers!

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old March 29th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Holy smokes! What an introduction!

Those are all some fantastic customs. You use lots of great figs and have come up with lots of interesting and exciting abilities.

BUT (there's always a but )

Abaddon-Strength from Pain-Does he gain an additional Attack for each wound or an additional Attack die?

Akahotep-Mummy's Curse-Does he deal the additional wound anytime he wounds a fig (including Special Attacks and Leaving Engagement Attacks) or just from Normal Attacks?

Djed-Feast of the Dead-Does he gain this benifit from all destroyed units?

Kalona-Raven's Totem-So a Ranged unit anywhere on the board can attack as though it was looking through the Raven's eyes? With no Range limit?

Madame LaRein-She is too cheap.

Osiris-Transcend Death-After he is killed his figure stays on the board as a LoS/movement blocker?

Ouroboros-Too cheap.

Raelin the Fallen-Wounding Aura-Works on any Attack, or Normal Attcks only?

Swamp Stalker-Blood Drain-Works on any Attack, or Normal Attack only?

Verdant Guardian-Tree Form-What id the space you want him to start on is a level-1 Jungle piece, so after you remove it it leaves a holein the map to the table you're playing on?

And please understand that I have even more good things that I could say about your customs than these points of clarification. Overall your work is amazing, but because you started with so many customs I would run out of superlatives, so instead I just decided to tear you down.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old March 29th, 2010, 09:59 PM

Thanks for the feedback. In response to your questions:

Abaddon: gains an additional attack die (this was one of the first ones I made so the wording is worse than some of the newer ones)

Akahotep: Mummy's Curse applies to wounds dealt to, not by, Akahotep, from any type of attack.

Djed: He does gain the benefit from all destroyed units, but only from a squad if the entire squad is gone. I should probably put a cap on that bonus though.

Kalona: Yes, any of your ranged attackers can use her LoS instead of their own. Might be too powerful, I can see.

Madame LaReine and Ouroboros Idol: I'll look into figuring out a better cost for them.

Osiris: Transcend Death is easier to understand if you're familiar with the figure itself. It's a Probability Walker from Dreamblade - one side is a pharaoh and the other a mummy. The idea is that Osiris has a double-sided card: starts with the pharaoh and then when he dies, you flip the card and he becomes the mummy.

Raelin and Swamp Stalker: Normal attacks only; should clarify that on the card.

Verdant Guardian: When I designed the ability, I didn't (and don't) actually own any tree or bush terrain, so I wasn't aware of that issue. I'd say replace it with a blank tile of grass terrain.

Thanks again for the feedback so far - can't wait to hear more.
Old March 30th, 2010, 01:00 AM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlerjones View Post
Thanks for the feedback. In response to your questions:

Djed: He does gain the benefit from all destroyed units, but only from a squad if the entire squad is gone. I should probably put a cap on that bonus though.
Is it for each figure/squad that he destroys, or that gets destroyed, period? Yeah, a cap of say, +3 would probably be good...

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
Old March 30th, 2010, 06:15 PM

Bloodthorn is surprisingly tart

Great intro and great customs! Welcome to the site!

I really like the paint jobs you have done to touch up your figures, especially Raelin. The only critique that see off hand is Warlord M-3's Smart Bomb. I understand that it takes 2 rounds to use that attack, but 8 / 4 attack is really strong. Maybe drop it to 6/3 and he would fit the points better.

Keep up the awesome work!+rep
Old March 30th, 2010, 06:53 PM

bumper15 is surprisingly tart

These are great figures, though I think that General Suleiman should be worth some more, or at least make his clairvoyance involve a 20 sided die roll.
Old April 1st, 2010, 01:22 AM

To clarify: Clairvoyance doesn't remove the order markers, just reveals them, so you know who they're moving when... as long as they're in range. May need rewording.

FiddlerJones Customs
Old April 4th, 2010, 10:46 PM

Re: FiddlerJones Customs - 4/4/2010

New units added:

Dwarven Giantslayer
Galgaons, Demon Gladiator

These haven't been playtested yet, so I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

FiddlerJones Customs
Old April 5th, 2010, 09:14 AM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

Re: FiddlerJones Customs - 4/4/2010

You can drop the "take leaving engagement attacks" from the Demon dude, since if they're engaged, it follows that they'd take leaving engagement attacks. The Dwarf should say "Large or Huge figures.."to be official and all...and I'd make him a common hero, but that's just me...

Old April 6th, 2010, 05:27 PM

Re: FiddlerJones Customs - 4/6/2010

New addition:

Krassk, Lizardfolk Alchemist

EDIT: Nevermind.

FiddlerJones Customs
Old April 6th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

Re: FiddlerJones Customs - 4/6/2010

Interesting. Volatile Concoction should read:

VOLATILE CONCOCTION SPECIAL ATTACK
Range, 6. Damage: Special

If you want to be official...

Brandon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards