Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old June 20th, 2015, 11:48 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: Book of Firestorm (Ronnie Raymond) (Desgin Phase)

I'm looking forward to seeing the endgame for this design.

One question I have though, is why not make the Matrix roll 3 dice naturally, instead of 4?
Old June 20th, 2015, 11:49 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I'm not familiar with the character outside of what we saw on Flash this season, so how does the Firestorm Matrix work? Rapid healing, repairing or destroying androids or DO's, and destroying glyphs (the cosmic cube/infinity gauntlet destroyed?) seems like a lot of different stuff with potentially really powerful results.
Soundwarp had a pretty good quote about his manipulations ability...

Quote:
If Firestorm wants to turn your cloths to soap-bubbles he just does
I believe he also had the inspiration for the glyph power. I think we might have originally had it as a change power but thought that might make him to powerful in upgrading his teams glyphs.

Other directions that were contemplated was a terrain manipulation power but the execution of this turned out to be the downfall.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 20th, 2015, 11:53 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Sock View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing the endgame for this design.

One question I have though, is why not make the Matrix roll 3 dice naturally, instead of 4?
Then exact number isn't finalized yet and will need to be tested but we started with 3 back when it was counting blanks and it was too swingy so it was pushed to 4 with a possible 5 and counting shields. Firestorm Matrix will definatly be used in the future for the other versions of Firestorm (which are stronger and felt like a base of 5 with a possible 6).

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 20th, 2015, 11:57 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Ok, was just curious. I saw 3 options, and thought 3 just seemed right, but I'm sure it'll all come to balancing for sure. Cool beans.
Old June 21st, 2015, 01:53 AM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Thanks for the info Johnny!

I was looking at Grish cards the other day and really appreciated the way he incorporates a figures weakness, I think it is one thing C3G has not represented all that well and I'd like to make some effort to change that in future designs.

With Martian Manhunter having the Fire Weakness power and it looks like the Firestorm Matrix has some kind of anti-Android aspects to it, Firestorm should be a natural counter draft to him. I'd like to work somewhere into the Firestorm design a power that lets him do extra damage to figures with the Fire Weakness special power. Or maybe have any figures with the Fire Weakness special power adj. to Firestorm takes a wound.
Honestly YK the fire thing is more from the Flash show and he's more manipulating atoms and changing things into other things.
Actually, until recently, the fire on his body didn't even do anything, and was just for show, he could still project energy, but his personal flames were harmless. (I believe when he was reborn during the Brightest Day was when the switch was made to real fire.)

And there are enough instances in the comics of the two entities of the firestorm matrix not getting along to warrant a power to reflect that (although 1-6 is pretty high). I also think that some sort of power is needed to depict the dual personality, so what is there is fine. I was thinking it would be interesting if you would not be able to use one of the two classes/Identities if you roll low enough, depicting them not working together.

Firestorm Matrix is very cool as it is, although I think it is hard to get the full theme out of a guy who can conjure bubble gum from the air to catch people falling from the air.

One concern, you have his two Classes as Crimefighter, and Scientist, meaning he fits well into two, already very powerful factions. Not a huge concern by itself, but those two factions happen to be the Fantastic Four (+some other stuff) and Luke Cage's Avengers, both Marvel teams. One of the two would be fine, but two makes him feel like he's never going to be worth drafting in a thematic army. Just my opinion
Old June 21st, 2015, 10:42 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

I really love this design, and the character totally deserves to be made.

A couple thoughts:
1) The Glyph option absolutely needs a range on it; as-is it's broken against certain figures. Also, it should use the "destroy" wording that Superboy (Kal-El) and Arnim Zola use.
2) I worry that Firestorm Matrix will just be kind of bland right now against most armies (if there aren't any glyphs, androids, or DOs, it's just a healing power). I know he can't normally use his powers on organic matter, but couldn't he find other ways of using it to attack? I mean, couldn't he transform the ground below them to fire or change the air above them into something that would fall on them? I think it would really help make him more useful if he had a fourth option that allowed him to wound other figures.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old June 21st, 2015, 11:50 AM

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
I really love this design, and the character totally deserves to be made.

A couple thoughts:
1) The Glyph option absolutely needs a range on it; as-is it's broken against certain figures. Also, it should use the "destroy" wording that Superboy (Kal-El) and Arnim Zola use.
2) I worry that Firestorm Matrix will just be kind of bland right now against most armies (if there aren't any glyphs, androids, or DOs, it's just a healing power). I know he can't normally use his powers on organic matter, but couldn't he find other ways of using it to attack? I mean, couldn't he transform the ground below them to fire or change the air above them into something that would fall on them? I think it would really help make him more useful if he had a fourth option that allowed him to wound other figures.
Maybe each shield inflicts one wound on a figure, or two wounds on a Android or Construct.

Also agree on the range restriction, and he'd still be a sucker punch against Batman, Mandarin and Red Skull with those rules.
Old June 21st, 2015, 12:44 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I played Ubu today with his Lazarus Pit glyph and was wondering if the glyph-destroying should be on all glyphs or just equipment glyphs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old June 21st, 2015, 01:28 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

As worded it destroys all glyphs but they must be on a figure's card.
Expanding it to glyphs on the board is logical.
You could exclude Infinity Gems if they should be invulnerable.

Personally I like adding his ease of glyph destruction into the meta-game. I think it gives a little more freedom in creating future glyphs when you know such a solid counter exists.
This could drive his cost beyond an acceptable level though. We may need to temper it a bit. Perhaps two shields to destroy a glyph.
My concern is with the Crime Fighter and Scientist synergy as Smithy expressed.
Viegon's point has merit. I would not like to see him pigeon-holed as a glyph counter.

It seems like his power over Androids should be greater. DOs is a bit tricky as some are organic, but I suppose with a tree he just turns the air around it to fire(?)

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 21st, 2015, 01:37 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

So no fire based powers then. I agree with others concerned about the crime fighter & scientist synergy, are there some DC characters he should team up with based on his comic book history?
Old June 21st, 2015, 02:34 PM

Maybe Champion? That would give him synergy with at least one DC character, and I believe there were some ideas thrown around about a justice league figure who had synergy with champions (that would at least put him in the same category as supes and wonder woman
Old June 29th, 2015, 05:16 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
I'm not familiar with the character outside of what we saw on Flash this season, so how does the Firestorm Matrix work? Rapid healing, repairing or destroying androids or DO's, and destroying glyphs (the cosmic cube/infinity gauntlet destroyed?) seems like a lot of different stuff with potentially really powerful results.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
I worry that such an easy chance to destroy a glyph is way too strong. Certain Red Skull builds are almost entirely built on the Cosmic Cube, destroying the Cosmic Control Rod negates a lot of Annihilus's strength, a lot of Apocalypse's value comes from him drafting two glyphs, it will really hurt Batman (II), etc.. 2/3 of Firestorm Matrix being counters, he'll be amazing against certain armies, and pretty weak against most others.

I really like the general direction though, I just think it needs some tweaking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
The glyph destroying should at least have a range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
As worded it destroys all glyphs but they must be on a figure's card.
Expanding it to glyphs on the board is logical.
You could exclude Infinity Gems if they should be invulnerable.

Personally I like adding his ease of glyph destruction into the meta-game. I think it gives a little more freedom in creating future glyphs when you know such a solid counter exists.
This could drive his cost beyond an acceptable level though. We may need to temper it a bit. Perhaps two shields to destroy a glyph.
My concern is with the Crime Fighter and Scientist synergy as Smithy expressed.
Viegon's point has merit. I would not like to see him pigeon-holed as a glyph counter.

It seems like his power over Androids should be greater. DOs is a bit tricky as some are organic, but I suppose with a tree he just turns the air around it to fire(?)
Technically he doesn't destroy a Glyph but he transmutates it into something else...however that would in no way be balance-able so theme vs mechanic comes into play and the compromise of destroy came about...a need for range I agree with.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library