Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 27th, 2011, 01:57 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: Aquaman - Playtest Phase

Just an idea, I have heard the idea of more testing tossed around, so maybe when results are varied like these it is the time to throw it out for more tests.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old January 27th, 2011, 02:03 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Well combined the tests are narrowed to within a 20 point range (220-240 points) with one test still coming. So I'd say let's see what fruit that one bears before asking for anything extra.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 27th, 2011, 02:19 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I think we see what LP's test produce. I kind of have the feeling that Karat just didn't use him too wisely in the Army Tests. But hey I'm not a playtester.

Cheers
Old January 27th, 2011, 05:14 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Final playtest is in from Lord Pyre:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre
I'm done with the fish guy!

C3G PLAY TEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Aquaman

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass He’s awesome and watery. Very similar to Namor, but he helps allies in a different way, and fights slightly differently in the water. I was kind of hoping for some sort of ability that let him spy on the other team through fish in water spaces, but I can see why that didn’t happen, haha!

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
Pass

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass This guy is beefy, but not too beefy. I love it!

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
PassWith flying colors! One of my favorite designs to date!

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Pass A moderately priced heavy hitter + healer? Yes please!

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass I love how you can choose to give up height advantage to get the water bonus and boost to your heal roll. Usually it’s worth it, but it depends on the match up! Against the Shield Agents, I opted to not go for the water, so they couldn’t set up their kill box. Also treating him as a brawler or a healer is a tough choice, since he’s pretty good at both. It depends on the map, and the rest of the army. I think he’d be GREAT with John and Guy Green Lanterns!

- Heavy Hitter or Mid-Level Hero/ Does it pass, Yes or No? What should be the unit's point value? Give a brief summary. Pass, at 220
Very balanced! He has the choice to grab water, or go just plain hand-to-hand. Batman totally beat him, though, which is perfect, haha! And then I just had to pit the two kings of Atlantis against each other!
Spoiler Alert!

- Squad / Does it pass, Yes or No? What should be the unit's point value? Give a brief summary. Pass, at 220
They really had no chance. Aquaman’s stats are really good, and even if he was in trouble, he could risk jumping in the water and allowing them to gain height, to get the stat and healing boost.
Map: Fossil
Units: Shield Agents
Spoiler Alert!

- Army Test/ Does it pass, Yes or No? What should be the unit's point value? Give a brief summary. Pass, at 220
I really wanted him to do well with Guy. Guy moves up, shoots twice, then Aquaman jumps into water next to him (Works well on this map, aside from the tree right in from on the water space by the height Guy was on, not letting Aquaman use his range for the most part) and heals him. Rinse, and repeat. Except that Aquaman can still get shot.
He’s a tricky figure to use. In water, he’s deadly, and sometimes more useful than Namor, with his range. But with only 5 defense and 5 life otherwise, he’s not THAT invulnerable. He has staying power, but don’t get too confident. I wanted to heal Guy, but it defeats the purpose if Aquaman is trying to keep HIMSELF alive. He’s a big target with that healing, which doesn’t exactly help his survivability.
Units: Aquaman, Guy Gardner, Elektra, Daredevil (890) VS. Black Canary, Echo, Batman (Terry) Robin, Green Arrow (Oliver) Green Arrow (Connor) (870)
Spoiler Alert!

- Army Test/ Does it pass, Yes or No? What should be the unit's point value? Give a brief summary. Pass, at 220
He did better this game, I think tactics with him still need to be figured out, but I’m really liking him. He died basically because I decided to sacrifice him to save Guy. Guy, being like a hundred points more, I think was worth it. He’s a real interesting figure, wanting to be on the front lines with his stats, but also wanting to hold back to be the healer.
Units: Aquaman, Namor, Guy Gardner, Shield Agents x2 (1010) VS. Deadpool, Green Goblin, Poison Ivy, Creeper, Harley Quinn, Bob, Shield Sniper
Spoiler Alert!

I REALLY like Aquaman! He’s one of my favorites so far! I hope his release isn’t planned to be TOO far off!
He’ll take a bit of figuring out before he can play to his fullest, but I think he has a ton of potential that I haven’t found quite yet. I like him a LOT better than Namor, and Namor’s a pretty cool guy. Aquaman ALWAYS has the stat boosts in the water, while Namor has to start his turn to get the attack boost. The leap is really handy, and sometimes makes Aquaman faster than Namor. The healing is also much more useful then Namor’s Avenger power, which I STILL haven’t been able to make work! Aquaman doesn’t have water Thorian Speed, and his stats aren’t as good, so he’s good the 30 points less. He obviously won’t be nearly as good without water, but the healing, and his decent stats make it so he’s not useless!

He was so incredibly fun, I can’t wait for him to be released! J The ONLY problem I really see is that I painted and rebased my figure before the test, and I sliced my finger right open when my knife slipped. Now whenever I think “Aquaman,” I’m also thinking “KNIVESKNIVESKNIVES.”

*Shudder*

Pass, at 220 points!
Old January 27th, 2011, 05:23 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hmm ... well that puts Lord Pyre at 220 ... my tests at 220-230 (so 225) and the other test at 230-240 (so 235). Average those together and you get about 226 ... I think 225 might be the best option here.

Old January 28th, 2011, 01:38 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

At 226, I would rather round up to 230, especially for a healer.
Old January 28th, 2011, 03:14 AM

I could see that ... but his healing is easy to fail at times and he rarely uses it on others, since he's usually too busy trying to save his own life!
I'd be OK with 230, though. It's in my acceptable range here.

Old January 28th, 2011, 04:10 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Cool, then I will echo 230.
Old January 28th, 2011, 04:58 PM

I propose we move Aquaman to final editing at 230 points
Old January 28th, 2011, 06:04 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Yea.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old January 28th, 2011, 07:14 PM

Yesh
Old January 28th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

yea

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library