Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old May 11th, 2010, 08:34 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Daredevil

The Book of Daredevil

C3G MARVEL WAVE 4
FIGHT AGAINST FEAR

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Critical Mass set.
Its model number and name are #034-036 / Daredevil.
Its model number and name are #212 / Matt Murdock.

Character Bio - Living in the Hell's Kitchen neighborhood of New York City, Matt Murdock is blinded by a radioactive substance that falls from an oncoming vehicle. Despite not being able to see anymore, the radioactive exposure heightens his remaining senses beyond normal human ability. His father, a boxer named Jack Murdock, supports him as he grows up, though he is later killed by gangsters after refusing to throw a fight. After donning a yellow and black, and later a dark red costume, Matt seeks out revenge against his father's killers as the superhero Daredevil, fighting against his many enemies including Bullseye and the Kingpin. Daredevil's nickname is "the Man Without Fear".

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:Benefits:Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 04:40 PM. Reason: png
Old May 11th, 2010, 08:35 AM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Daredevil - Design Phase

NAME = DAREDEVIL
SECRET IDENTITY = MATT MURDOCK

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = VIGILANTE
PERSONALITY = FEARLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 180

MAN WITHOUT FEAR
Daredevil may attack any or all figures adjacent to him. Roll each attack separately. Add 1 to Daredevil's attack dice for each enemy figure adjacent to Daredevil.

RADAR SENSE 12
Whenever a special power refers to the Blind Warrior special power, it refers to this special power as well. If Daredevil is attacked by an opponent's figure and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or lower, roll defense dice normally. If you roll 12 or higher, Daredevil takes no damage and you may immediately choose any empty space within 3 spaces of Daredevil that is no more than 20 levels above or below Daredevil's base. Place Daredevil on the chosen space. When Daredevil uses his Radar Sense, if he is engaged he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

CRIMINAL INTIMIDATION
Criminal figures roll 1 fewer defense die against Daredevil's normal attack.

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Ronin; January 1st, 2019 at 11:24 PM.
Old May 11th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Are we supposed to put a link to this thread somewhere, now that we're doing these in private?

Not sure.

Regarding Daredevil, I like your ideas.

Could there be put in there somewhere (maybe Radar Sense) that DD doesn't take falling or major falling damage. I'm fine without the Swing Line for not moving him up and over things, but he does jump from heights a lot and use different things on his way down to break his fall or help him get down to the ground. Figure he should be like Catwoman in this regard.

Also, for Radar Sense, I like that you can "place" him up to 3 spaces away, but should there be a restriction of how high he can be placed or how low he can be "placed"?

I love Criminal Intimidation as it's something thematic that I would have wanted included in one if I did it. He's all about fighting Criminals more than the big time super powered villains.

I also like Man Without Fear. It's hard to get someone surrounded unless there are a lot of melee squad figures to do it, so I'd say it would be extremely rare that he'd max out the boost from that one. Perhaps he might get to attack 2 or 3 opponent's figures at a time most likely and that's cool. This kind of helps show his fearlessness by not being afraid to jump in and take on a big group of bad guys.

I like the billy club throw being part of his normal attack.

I also like all the base stats and the left box stuff.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 11th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm totally fine with Daredevil being subject to falling damage, personally.
This one's looking solid.
I think there's a slight wording question here:

"Daredevil takes no damage and you may immediately place Daredevil on any empty space within 3 spaces of Daredevil"

I don't think the bolded part quite does the trick, because Daredevil is always going to be within 3 spaces of himself. He is, in fact, going to always be on the same space as himself. I get what you mean, but hopefully you see how this current wording is open to a wonky misinterpretation.
I wonder if it would work with the wording as is, but just the "of Daredevil" part removed?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 11th, 2010, 04:22 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Great work GO, I too would have liked the no falling damage & I think if you just leave off the "of Daredevil" from Radar Sense it should read fine.

I'm not sure of the thematic flavour in the mechanics of "Man Without Fear", but it is a nice power.

Cheers
Old May 11th, 2010, 04:27 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I can take a shot at explaining the theme of Man Without Fear.
First of all, Daredevil is known as the "Man Without Fear" because he always rushes into danger to risk life and limb in the name of justice. Nothing scares the guy.
He's also an excellent melee combatant and one of the best martial artists in the Marvel Universe.
So what this power does is it shows him being better when he fearlessly rushes into groups of enemies. The more of them there are, the harder he fights.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 11th, 2010, 04:42 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

He looks great GO! My initial read through, I was a little concerned with Man Without Fear making him overpowered, but I can agree initial playtesting should bear an answer to this question. Good job!

EDIT: I can see both side of the falling/no falling argument. I do see it as a big difference from Batman currently, and something that seperates him from Spider-Man. Also on Radar Sense, I think he should not be able to move up or down more than 2 levels. This further seperates him from Spider-Man. I see Billy Club more as a Swinging thing, whereas Swingline is more of a Swinging and Scaling thing (i.e. Swinging around and Scaling walls or heights.)

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old May 11th, 2010, 05:06 PM

I could see a two level higher/lower restriction on the Radar Sense placement - good idea, Spidey. Otherwise, it might end up feeling too much like teleportation.

Old May 11th, 2010, 06:07 PM

Fixed the wording on Radar Sense.

I like the idea of no falling damage, but what's the best place to put it? A new power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I could see a two level higher/lower restriction on the Radar Sense placement - good idea, Spidey. Otherwise, it might end up feeling too much like teleportation.
I can see limiting the height to some amount, but 2 seems way too low to me. That's less than waist-height! I mean this guy is a world-class gymnast and a ninja, he could easily jump higher or lower than that, especially with the forewarning his radar sense gives him. Plus the power is supposed to incorporate his billy club line being used to escape (see my design notes). And it should feel a little like teleporting, because of his ninja skill of disappearing as if into thin air (again, see my design notes on this). I think 20-25 levels is much more reasonable, especially considering he can't use it for normal movement.
Old May 11th, 2010, 06:33 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Fixed the wording on Radar Sense.

I like the idea of no falling damage, but what's the best place to put it? A new power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I can see limiting the height to some amount, but 2 seems way too low to me. That's less than waist-height! I mean this guy is a world-class gymnast and a ninja, he could easily jump higher or lower than that, especially with the forewarning his radar sense gives him. Plus the power is supposed to incorporate his billy club line being used to escape (see my design notes). And it should feel a little like teleporting, because of his ninja skill of disappearing as if into thin air (again, see my design notes on this). I think 20-25 levels is much more reasonable, especially considering he can't use it for normal movement.
I guess I see his billy club as more of a swing thing as opposed to scaling upward. I feel like he climbs things on his own. Hence the thought it should be lower. Maybe 10 levels? That is like twice as much as a human person's height in Heroscape (which to me still seems high.) I honestly feel it should be on the same level, but I can get behind a small change like 5-10.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old May 11th, 2010, 07:01 PM

His billy club is a swing thing, and this power represent a short-range swing. Hence the 3 spaces instead of just an adjacent space.
Old May 11th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

My main thing with the 3 spaces is that it's like teleporting. If he's adjacent to a castle wall, he currently can be placed inside the castle, as if teleporting or phasing through the wall. I don't know of any ninjas that can go through a solid block wall.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library