Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media
Other Media Books, Music, Movies, Television, Comics, etc.

Old April 20th, 2007, 10:53 PM

Havokscry has disabled reputation
MLB Discussion

Being from New England, this is a huge weekend for baseball with the beloved Red Sox going up against the hated Yankees. To be honest, I gave up on the game. After Schilling gave up the second home run to A-Rod, I couldn't stomach it anymore. It had to be f'ing A-Rod. I put in the X-Files and watched an episode and a half. I then heard some screaming in the building across the parking lot. There were a bunch of people drinking on the rooftop earlier, so I figured that someone won a game of beer pong or something. Didn't pay much attention until a few minutes later, the screaming and cheering got more intense. I quickly turned it back on the game to see the Red Sox take the lead and eventually win the game. Yes I'm ashamed that I turned the game over, but as anemic as the Red Sox bats have been this year, I didn't think they had it in them. I won't make that mistake twice.

What a great way to kick of a Red Sox/Yankees series!!!
Old April 20th, 2007, 10:56 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I hate ARod but...........I hate Bonds more...so I hope he breaks the single season mark
Old April 20th, 2007, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara
I hate ARod but...........I hate Bonds more...so I hope he breaks the single season mark
A-Rod will end up breaking Bonds career home run record. He'll have over 500 when this years over and he's only in his early 30's. I can picture him becoming the all-time home run king before he's 40.

As for A-Rod breaking the single season record, the only way I want to see it is if the Yankees don't make the playoffs and then he opts out of his contract next year.
Old April 20th, 2007, 11:44 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I am a lifelong Rangers fan. I know only pain.

Old April 21st, 2007, 01:05 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
My father is from the Bronx, so I grew up a Yankees fan naturally. I don't really watch the game much anymore except for Yankees/Red Sox match ups and playoff games.
Old April 21st, 2007, 02:01 AM

ProSpecT is surprisingly tart
Astros all the way. So close... but no cigar.

Old April 21st, 2007, 12:05 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Though I don't watch it, my father is often watching games... which is annoying, because the TV he watches it on is the only one with channels in the hundreds.

I want my fancy channels!
Old April 21st, 2007, 03:20 PM

Both Johnny Damon and Posada are out of the line-up today. I think Damon had his feelings hurt from his poor performance and all the boos last night.

It will be interesting to see what Clemens will do. I don't think the Astros are going anywhere, but he could stay to be close to family. The Yankees will probably throw the most money at him considering how their starting rotation is in such disarray. The Red Sox have to be pretty intriguing to him. Not only can he complete the circle but it may form one of the best starting pitching rotations of all time with Schilling, Beckett, Matsusaka, Clemens, and Wakefield. Strangely enough, Wakefield has been their best pitcher this year.
Old April 21st, 2007, 04:58 PM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havokscry
It will be interesting to see what Clemens will do. I don't think the Astros are going anywhere.
Way to early to say that Havok. I'm pretty sure they'll be in the mix until the very end of it.
Take a look at the NL central, rep's of the NL in the last three Series.
Every time there has improved with the exception of the Cardinals, who just kind've stayed great as usual. You can talk about all the differences between the AL and NL all you want, but keep an eye on the Central division.
That is going to be a fun race.

Here's hoping the Crew gets the game tonight. To tie with the Central leading Astros.

Old April 21st, 2007, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havokscry
It will be interesting to see what Clemens will do. I don't think the Astros are going anywhere.
Way to early to say that Havok. I'm pretty sure they'll be in the mix until the very end of it.
Take a look at the NL central, rep's of the NL in the last three Series.
Every time there has improved with the exception of the Cardinals, who just kind've stayed great as usual. You can talk about all the differences between the AL and NL all you want, but keep an eye on the Central division.
That is going to be a fun race.

Here's hoping the Crew gets the game tonight. To tie with the Central leading Astros.
Let's face it though. Money will be a factor when it comes to Clemens. I don't think Houston will open the checkbook for a partial season again. The Red Sox and the Yankees will always have more money to spend than the Astros, if it does come down to a bidding war. At least if he goes to either the Sox or the Yanks, he'll have a heckuva lot more run support then he's received in Houston.

On a side note, I agree with you on the NL Central. Outside of probably Pittsburgh, any of those teams could win the division. And speaking of winning, Sheets and Weeks better put up some big fantasy numbers for me!!
Old April 21st, 2007, 10:30 PM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
Understand this about Clemens, this is really the last "hu-rah".

He'll hang out there, wait to see where he has a better chance of getting another ring. He's about the one athlete in the world that, while $$$ is a factor, it's far from the biggest. Location, location & location.

As far as your fantasy team goes, Ricky has got to be doing you righteous.

I'd keep an eye on Benny though, I love him, don't get me wrong. He hasn't played a complete season in years.
As a Brewers fan it hurts to say just how much he decides our season.

Old April 22nd, 2007, 08:13 AM

tmacdagreat has disabled reputation
Ya I watched both games red sox 2 yanks 0 woohoo!

«cookie - once you have it, you love it.»
http://www.heroscapers.com/images/05.gif

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media