Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old November 26th, 2022, 01:26 PM

Goatex is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Question Kato kinda sucks, thoughts for balancing?

Me and my brother have discussed him at length and just don’t see a viable reason to use him with how many points he costs. Anyone have ideas on how to balance him to make the point cost worth or to cut the cost itself?
Old November 26th, 2022, 01:38 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Kato kinda sucks, thoughts for balancing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatex View Post
Me and my brother have discussed him at length and just don’t see a viable reason to use him with how many points he costs. Anyone have ideas on how to balance him to make the point cost worth or to cut the cost itself?
Play 700 point games.
Old November 26th, 2022, 02:11 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatex View Post
Try playing with delta points: https://heroscape.org/builder/?delta=true&vc=false

Delta re-balances all the units, which imo makes the game a lot more fun. Every unit is viable in Delta
Old November 26th, 2022, 04:17 PM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!

What about letting Kato take a turn with a Samurai squad AND a hero?
Old November 26th, 2022, 05:42 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I think you just haven't played him enough with Yari and Harquebus. It's quite a potent army that few armies can match on attack output. You're throwing 8 activations (potentially 8 attacks max) per turn, where you're getting both melee and ranged attacks AND you also have a special attack option to crack those higher defense heroes/squads.

Kato, Harqs X3, Yari X3 is a seriously solid army at 500. Not A tier because it runs into some bad matchups...but again...in the hands of a good player...can be quite potent.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old November 26th, 2022, 07:29 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I think you just haven't played him enough with Yari and Harquebus. It's quite a potent army that few armies can match on attack output. You're throwing 8 activations (potentially 8 attacks max) per turn, where you're getting both melee and ranged attacks AND you also have a special attack option to crack those higher defense heroes/squads.

Kato, Harqs X3, Yari X3 is a seriously solid army at 500. Not A tier because it runs into some bad matchups...but again...in the hands of a good player...can be quite potent.
And with Delta that army is Kato, Yari x4, Harqs x3 for 495 - even more potent. And in a 600 point game you'd have Kato, Yari x5, Harqs x4. That is a lot of firepower for any army to contend with
Old November 26th, 2022, 07:45 PM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

I've wondered how much affect figure/hex limits, and people's collections have limited Kato's potential. You're looking at 25 hexes with that army, which can basically only be fielded in home games, and maybe the one-off tournament.

Also, there's probably not too many people with 3 of each (I know there is always proxying) I've only have 1 of each, but I also have never specifically sought them out.

OG Heroscape collection completed on 6/21/2016!

The new collection begins...again...hopefully...at some point...maybe...CMON Renegade!
Old November 26th, 2022, 07:49 PM

Phantom knows what's in an order marker Phantom knows what's in an order marker Phantom knows what's in an order marker

you'll be bumping up against figure limits pretty quick with those numbers!
Old November 26th, 2022, 08:53 PM

FIRE_LORD510 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Spartacus, Kato, and Taelord are great cheerleaders for the right army. I think making Kato have 5-6 defense instead of 4 makes him have better value and survivability without changing how he works in an army. However, he is good in an army, up to 8 attacks total makes him great. He works much better for massive point games.
Old November 26th, 2022, 09:50 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Harquebus and Yari x3 + Kato is one of my favorite armies to play, but I feel like it always struggles. 8 attacks a turn sounds amazing. But they drop like flies. When you're playing an army with 4-5 attacks per turn, there's a very good chance you're losing at least 3 a turn. And they just can never replenish as fast as they die off.

I've never used them with Raelin, but I imagine that would help. But then you're looking at like 580 points, and dropping a harq and a yari probably.
Old November 26th, 2022, 10:12 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Agreed…the figure limits most tourneys employ really
Does nerf the ability for Kato’s primary army comp to be played.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old November 26th, 2022, 10:52 PM

Gallowglas is surprisingly tart
Talking Re: Kato kinda sucks, thoughts for balancing?

Quote:

It seems a little late financially to hop on the Yari train. I have 2x harquebus but I don’t want to spend $200 for 3x yari to find out haha. Maybe by tax season lol

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units