Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News
Marvel News Hasbro-released news, store sightings, etc. specific to Marvel HS

Notices

Old August 31st, 2009, 05:46 PM

Disposable Hero is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Disney to buy Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
As far as I know Invincible, The Walking Dead, Batman, and Green Lantern are still making money, so I'm covered.
Invincible has found his weakness: Robert Kirkman.

I can no longer put up with comic books any more. DC is committing suicide. It's using its life force to kill Batman and resurrect Barry Allen. Marvel has just put itself in a precarious position.
  • One one hand, this could mean censorship, quality drop, and sucky, PG-rated superhero movies.
  • On the other hand, if the cartoons are handed over to Dan Povenmire and Jeff "Swampy" Marsh, Jerry Bruckheimer directs most of the superhero movies, those are in the vein of Pirates, and Disney doesn't censor the content of the cmics but rather preents Marvel from pulling a DC and killing of majopr characters, then we're set.
(PS: Blackest Night does not suck. It's DC's current best title. GO BLACK LANTERNS AND RED LANTERNS!!!!!!!!)

Demerge Disney And Marvel!!!
Old August 31st, 2009, 07:52 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Well if you can't recognize quality, there's no helpin' ya. Kirkman is awesome.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 31st, 2009, 08:33 PM

Minnion has disabled reputation

Hmm... If Square/Enix gets onbord with HS maybe we will be seeing a Kingdomheatscape... (Kingdom heats proves that Micky can Kick @$$ and take names too, Yoda Style.)

Lets see...
Malificant, Can sacrifice her single based form to summon her dragon form...
The skellitons from the Black Cauldren would be pretty sweat...
Kingdom Hearts versions of Donald and Goofy as well(Goofy armed with a sheild and decent defence and donald as a squishy mage)
Kingdom Hearts version of Pete(Large single hex figure with decent damage output)
All of the Gargoals and various enimes. I mean really Gargoyals alone would be a goldmine of worthy scape...
Then you have Buzz Lightyear and Alladin... Plenty of adventure type stuff to draw from there too...
Nightmare before Cristmass, Kim Possible, Resess, Tarzan, Atlantas the lost empire, Lelo and Stitch, Beuty and the Beast, Pirates of the Caribean... Aside from the issues people might take with the cross licensing there are pleanty of chars that can swing a sword or claw the eyes out of something in their cannon.

"We are all mad here" ~Cheshire Cat

It is the domain of a geek to seek out meaning in that which seems trivial...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doWOd...elated&search=
Old August 31st, 2009, 08:38 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

You folks do know that Disney is a parent company and they own alot more things that are not directed at little kids right?

Including Miramax which produced "No Country For Old Men", "Doubt" and both "Kill Bill's"
Old August 31st, 2009, 08:43 PM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well, I'm just hoping this doesn't screw Marvel Superhero Island at Universal Studio's Islands of Adventure.

Here's a link for you non-Floridians.

Sup3rS0n1c = Alexander the Great (August Cave) = Siege (Floating Archipelago)
Old August 31st, 2009, 11:00 PM

Ted_Danson is surprisingly tart

For once I have to agree with Onacara. Things like this happen all of the time, there will not be anything "taken away" from the MU based on this.

Life will go on, and nothing will change. Disney might produce more marvel related cartoons, and add some things to their theme parks, but other than that, everything else will stay on the same path it has been on.

DC is owned by WB, and have been for some time, and things are still the same over there.

Huggable Zombie, KingArthur1976, Utgarsrage, and Scapegeek are all great traders.
Old August 31st, 2009, 11:18 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Well, they both design cartoons designed for 9 year olds.
Well, the writing in comics is good enough that you wouldn't see "design" in a sentence twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
You folks do know that Disney is a parent company and they own alot more things that are not directed at little kids right?

Including Miramax which produced "No Country For Old Men", "Doubt" and both "Kill Bill's"
Exactly. I don't forsee this move changing too much about the comic books themselves. If anything, this will affect the marketing of the Marvel brand more than the content - Marvel merchandise may start becoming available at Disney stores, rides at Disneyland will incorporate the characters (not Disney World though, as Marvel apparently is still honoring its agreement with Universal Studios Theme Park), the Marvel Studios movies will have greater financial backing, etc...

Everyone just needs to chill out.
Old August 31st, 2009, 11:42 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Wait a minute:

At Universal Orlando there's a whole area devoted to Marvel Superheroes...

Does that mean that Disney now owns 10% of its largest tourism opponent in Florida?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old September 1st, 2009, 12:22 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

No - as I said in my above post, Marvel is honoring its long-term deal with Universal Studios Islands of Adventure Theme Park. Any Marvel rides for the forseeable future will only be in Disney parks outside of Disney World (ie: Disneyland in California, EuroDisney, etc...)
Old September 7th, 2009, 09:15 PM

Knight of Feylund is surprisingly tart

I don't really like disney, but I don't really care if they buy marvel. What would they do with it?

Helm in hand,
fist in the air,
the knight screams of victory.
Old September 7th, 2009, 09:35 PM

LoneDragon is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

*Insert pro-Gargoyles, anti-Disney rant here*

I only drink the blood of my enemies, and occasionally a strawberry yoohoo.

Good Trades: R˙chean, Vydar, kboleen, Hahma
Old September 8th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Feylund View Post
I don't really like disney, but I don't really care if they buy marvel. What would they do with it?
Here's the first thing I found that Disney may do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comics2Film
In their coverage of the Disney/Marvel deal, Entertainment Weekly dropped a cryptic bit of news which, if accurate, could be cause for excitement:
"Pixar is said to already be eyeballing an 'Ant-Man' movie."
As regular readers know, Marvel has been developing 'Ant-Man' for many years and, at one point, it was seen as part of the run-up to the 'Avengers' mega-film. Director Edgar Wright ('Shaun of the Dead') has been developing the feature for Marvel and has written a script. As recently as last July he said he aims to return to work on the screenplay after 'Scott Pilgrim' is done. EW offers no details beyond the above statement, so it's unclear how strong the interest is on Pixar's part, or whether or not Marvel is abandoning Wright's take in order to bounce to project to their new hit-making partners at Disney.
And so it begins. Maybe.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News