Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Notices

Old October 4th, 2022, 04:06 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Age of Annihilation - Backer Trend and Discussion

It's definitely a lot of stuff.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 4th, 2022, 04:24 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I was surprised by how much content they've already worked on, and if they're already laying out plans for expansions then they've got a big head start on content
Old October 4th, 2022, 04:40 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I'll make you a deal: I won't mention how the campaign could be run differently anymore if you don't mention this is our only chance to get Heroscape back on the shelves anymore. Both have been said plenty. Both are likely true. Neither is going to change anything. This will fund or not fund based on its strength as a campaign and we have very little agency in that overall, so it's best to just wait and see rather than talking in circles.
I will take that deal (or try to, anyways)!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 4th, 2022, 04:52 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
FWIW I don't see the value in being negative or critical of the campaign at this time. While I agree with many of the criticisms, I'm not sure what value there is in repeating them. The game coming back will be a boon for all of us, and I'd rather see folks directing their energy in a positive direction, looking at the highlights and upsides rather than focusing on the mistakes and downers.
I mean, there have been a lot of posts with folks wondering why this doesn't have more support or actively encouraging folks to leverage the full force of their finances to make it happen, which seems like it invites a response from other folks. If that response isn't wanted, I guess that's OK, but it feels a bit like trying to silence criticism or different perspectives, which doesn't feel super healthy for the community.

We're all rooting for this to be successful, but I feel like it's fair to have an open, safe place to express where we're coming from, even if it's not all gung-ho positive. Suggesting otherwise feels like a bit of a "loyalty test" that I fear will make folks feel marginalized from the community. I was pretty heavily feeling that way the other day when I was told that we shouldn't be critical at all, just positive, and then was told to "go away" when I pushed back at that idea.

I hope our goal for folks who don't feel this is an incredible success so far isn't to get them to "go away." Personally I care a lot more about the health of the community after this campaign than the success of the campaign itself.
Sure, I'm just tired of reading the same criticisms over and over again. Yeah, we get it--there are multiple ways this campaign could be different that would make more sense to us. But it's not different, it is what it is. And what it is is our only chance to get Heroscape back on the shelves at stores and in our homes.
I disagree, being vocal is a legitimate way to get Hasbro to change things. This very afternoon they modified the Ghost Rider Haslab and included a new stretch goal, that just last week they said they wouldn't be doing.
Old October 4th, 2022, 04:58 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
I disagree, being vocal is a legitimate way to get Hasbro to change things. This very afternoon they modified the Ghost Rider Haslab and included a new stretch goal, that just last week they said they wouldn't be doing.
Yeah that was my hope when I was being vocal the first day or two. Having been a big kickstarter backer and watcher, basically everything they've done is wrong (The main point being that they haven't shown any gameplay or rules or cards, which means new potential backers are instantly out and you're just relying on old fans).

I want this to succeed, I was hoping that they'd realize the mistakes and fix them. I keep seeing over and over that if this fails it'll be the fault of people who were negative and dragging it down. But Hasbro hasn't really done it properly to begin with (And they could just flip a switch and produce this whenever they feel like it, they're a billion dollar company). It's pretty frustrating that we're all on the same side yet those hoping for better quality to get better results are vilified.
Old October 4th, 2022, 05:06 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Yeah that was my hope when I was being vocal the first day or two. Having been a big kickstarter backer and watcher, basically everything they've done is wrong (The main point being that they haven't shown any gameplay or rules or cards, which means new potential backers are instantly out and you're just relying on old fans).

I want this to succeed, I was hoping that they'd realize the mistakes and fix them. I keep seeing over and over that if this fails it'll be the fault of people who were negative and dragging it down. But Hasbro hasn't really done it properly to begin with (And they could just flip a switch and produce this whenever they feel like it, they're a billion dollar company). It's pretty frustrating that we're all on the same side yet those hoping for better quality to get better results are vilified.
Personally I'm not trying to villify anyone. I think at this point the Avalon Hill team has heard all of our criticism (Encarmine just posted that he's read something like 12k comments from various social media outlets since Saturday) and they'll either do something about it or they won't. But saying the same things over and over isn't going to make that happen, and the negativity might persuade some people to not even back in the first place, making it somewhat of a self-fulfilling prophecy (yes, I know there are other factors as well, but this is one that individual people can actually control).

EDIT: But regardless of whether any of the above is true, I'm just personally tired of reading the same things over and over

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 4th, 2022, 05:07 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
They very clearly have their ears open to the community. And this thing just started. There is lots of time to listen and respond.

I don’t see the campaign failing because there’s some negative feedback at the launch. I do see it failing if they can’t attract a wider range of support and not just the diehards here.
Old October 4th, 2022, 05:29 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post
Quote:
They very clearly have their ears open to the community. And this thing just started. There is lots of time to listen and respond.

I don’t see the campaign failing because there’s some negative feedback at the launch. I do see it failing if they can’t attract a wider range of support and not just the diehards here.
It's all about the marketing now...and I haven't seen much but I'm not on many sites since I'm old and not a computer person. I'm sure it's happening I just can't see it.

I've also made the paint point (that's kinda tough to say - kinda fun too) and I'll grumble but I also understand that it's a business decision that can't be changed.

The "if you don't fund it now, well that's the end of your game and your little dog too" attitude annoys me more than anyone individual being vilified. But I get this is probably a fact and the team are all doing what they can to get it backed. AND I've backed it...despite the paint point (that may become my favorite saying for a couple of days - sorry folks!).

Either way I've sent e-mails to folks that I know have played and enjoyed this but couldn't pick it up on the secondary market without getting a second mortgage. It's still about $400 Canadian (shipping and $ conversion) so I'm not sure any of them will back it but we all have a couple of folks we know that may want to get into this at this time. So we should try to market this ourselves as well.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; October 4th, 2022 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Paint point! LOL
Old October 4th, 2022, 05:42 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Just found this thread. I'm not on any social media, but Finrod, thank you for your service. Right now we just need to get the word out. And all those "savagers" now know about it. There may be lurkers checking it out that are saying to themselves "Hey, wait a minute...I think I'll have a look, and see what the fuss is about." So mission accomplished! That's how it works on BGG too, where I do show up.
Old October 4th, 2022, 05:47 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

At the very least, Avalon Hill should have an ambassador program where they formally recognize the fans who are going above and beyond to see to it that the game is a success. I took a look at the brainstorming discussion on Discord and its really admirable how much legwork some fans are putting in. Those folks deserve something for their tremendous efforts especially if this doesn't fund.

We have an amazing community and if this isn't a success it won't be because of the fans that's for sure.
Old October 4th, 2022, 05:54 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
... I'm just personally tired of reading the same things over and over
Well, look out! I haven't chimed in yet! So there! Lol.

But honestly, I agree with you completely. I'm pretty much keeping my opinion to myself anyway.
Old October 4th, 2022, 05:56 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSamyon View Post
At the very least, Avalon Hill should have an ambassador program where they formally recognize the fans who are going above and beyond to see to it that the game is a success. I took a look at the brainstorming discussion on Discord and its really admirable how much legwork some fans are putting in. Those folks deserve something for their tremendous efforts especially if this doesn't fund.

We have an amazing community and if this isn't a success it won't be because of the fans that's for sure.
It's been really cool to see. I'm still banking on the 'scaper who sent a request to Snoop Dog via Twitter, asking for him to fund the campaign, citing "Snoop Dog hasn't failed me yet"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion