Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 4th, 2022, 11:44 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Age of Annihilation - Backer Trend and Discussion

I saw this on the Heroscape subreddit, from a non-Scaper. I thought it might belong here:

Quote:
Hello members of the Heroscape community. Y'all currently have a Haslab going on right now to make a brand new set of your game, that if successful would probably bring your game back in full. I have never played Heroscape. I am however something of a toy collector and have see many a Haslab projects. So I wanted to take a moment and kinda share my experiences with previous Haslabs so you have this information.

"why is there only one option? there should be multiple tiers." Haslab is just the one thing. That is how each of the other projects have operated. Does it make total sense for Heroscape? maybe not. But this is not a traditional crowd funding campaign. it is more like an order list with a minimum.

"Why a Haslab, why not just release it in retail?" Well looking at the previous projects and the general blurb for what Haslab is, it is for products that have a large want but may be too big, or too niche. and with a Haslab they also test the waters if there is a demand, and if so, retail release will most likely be paired down.

"That price is really steep." I'm gonna level with you. just for the pure plastic you are getting. it is a good deal. in fact it is the fourth cheapest thing to come through Haslab. take a gander at older Haslab releses to see the price these project tend to go for. big examples being Unicron, Galactus, Sentinel, and jabba's barge. and those guys didn't come with a game and legacy parts.

"They are trying to make it War Hammer." I don't really see the Warhammer. to me this seems more positioned in the space of games like Gloomhaven. large big box boardgames, with ecosystems for expansion. and Gloomhaven goes for 170 dollars with a cardboard play area and also has unpainted minis.

"The backers are only at XXX number, I don't know if it is gonna get funded." Relax, you guys are actually moving at a pretty solid clip for this. most projects if my memory serves me only got fully funded two to three weeks in, and then people, now secure in the knowledge that it is fully funded, reached the stretch goals easily. also note only two projects did not completely fund. and that was mostly due to low fan demand. in fact take a look at the other Haslab going on right now. it is a more pricey project that needs 1000 more backers in total and 4000 to reach, and it still has 30 ish days to do so.

Look am I saying you should not have worries? no its fine to worry. this is your hobby, the thing you like. I just wanted to bring some context and previous experience to you guys so you might have more of a frame of reference. heck, their whole presentation made me kinda hype. maybe one day I will meet you out on the .... hexagon...field...? what ever you guys call it. hope this helps.
Link.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion