Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old July 23rd, 2012, 06:47 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: What Video Game are you Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469 View Post
Quote:
I upgraded the population on all of my planets. But right now I have an overall negative tax rate. However, I do have a decent amount of metal/crystal, which I can sell to produce more trade ports.
You have an overall negative tax rate? So overall you are losing money? My only guess is that you waaaayyyyy overextended your military and researched the upgrade that lets you have more ships. I own an entire galaxy in my game and I am only on the 3rd or 4th upgrade there. Have you upgraded that at all? That makes your upkeep go up significantly.
Ah, that's my issue right there! I thought it was a bit odd that I had an extra 300-500 ship slots available. I'll restrain from buying that anymore than needed. Is it okay to continue purchasing Capital Ship slots?
Yes, but 3 or 4 is pleeeenty for a small game. There are tons of better stuff to research (damage on ships, crystal/metal mining enhancements, population cap increases, media, things like that.) I would put military upgrades fairly low on the totem pole unless you're almost maxed out on ships allowed.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old July 25th, 2012, 01:53 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Ah, that's my issue right there! I thought it was a bit odd that I had an extra 300-500 ship slots available. I'll restrain from buying that anymore than needed. Is it okay to continue purchasing Capital Ship slots?
Yes, but 3 or 4 is pleeeenty for a small game. There are tons of better stuff to research (damage on ships, crystal/metal mining enhancements, population cap increases, media, things like that.) I would put military upgrades fairly low on the totem pole unless you're almost maxed out on ships allowed.
I'm doing much better now, thank you for the help!

I played Oblivion today (a bit too much for one day). A week or two ago I discovered the Shivering Isles. For those who don't know what that place is, it's basically the realm of a mad god. Little did I know how long the main quest there really was. So tonight, I decided to try and finish the Isles' main quest. Which I did. And, as a surprise twist to finish off that part of the game, I now rule that realm. I'm satisified with that ending!

EDIT: Played Skyrim last night and today, the first time I've played it in at least a few months. It's noticably much more organic than Oblivion. I was able to get a pretty cool screenshot this morning. I was in Ivarstead, at the foot of the Throat when I got this picture. I'll have to mess around with some action shots later. My current character I'm creating to be a marksman, and I got a few cool kill-cam scenes (sniped a bandit who was on a lookout tower, hit him in the side of his chest and he fell off the tower).

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work

Last edited by 'Scaper94; July 26th, 2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old July 27th, 2012, 02:14 PM
If it doesn't use 20+ sets, you're not doing it right!

Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I decided to kick it old-school with the N64's version of Command & Conquer, and Starcraft 64
Old July 29th, 2012, 06:00 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Just got a new computer and Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Amazing game. I can't make any progress because I keep replaying the first level with different paths and choices.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old August 8th, 2012, 08:06 AM

Utger man is surprisingly tart

I'm trying to play through Geneforge 5verthrow

I did NOT spell "Utgar" incorrectly. Check the link below.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...4&postcount=85
Old August 8th, 2012, 08:46 AM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

Persona 4 arena. Greatest fighting game of this generation, easily. In the ranks of MK 9 quality wise. Plus it's perfect fan service.

EDIT: I forgot I'm also playing Catherine at night, which is pretty fun too.

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old August 12th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart

Chugging away at Xenoblade Chronicles and Magicka (which I bought the other day on sale). Magicka is fun and chaotic, and I'm hoping I can play it with friends eventually. Getting to experiment with spells and see their destructive power is quite entertaining. Last night I got to Havindr while waiting for The Olympics to come on, so I put the game on hold after saving the king.

Xenoblade is getting interesting, but I need to progress a bit more to really make story progression. I'm at the point where I need to fight Xord in the Ether Mine, and he's quite difficult. I'm thinking I should grind a little bit so that I'm at least two or three levels above him.

And I've been getting the urge to play Banjo-Tooie, DK64, Kingdom Hearts, and Sly 2, so I have to wait until I see my brother for my N64 stuff and my sister for my PS2 games.
Old August 12th, 2012, 08:55 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwsm View Post
Xenoblade is getting interesting, but I need to progress a bit more to really make story progression. I'm at the point where I need to fight Xord in the Ether Mine, and he's quite difficult. I'm thinking I should grind a little bit so that I'm at least two or three levels above him.
I've got this, but man does it drag at the beginning. I keep skipping over the game, simply because when I do play it, I don't actually get into any combat, and just find myself stuck running around town.

Still playing Diablo III with my wife quite a bit. I'm also half way through Max Payne 3, but the gameplay isn't quite there on that one. The story is really what keeps me going. Other than that, its just a few iPhone games now and then. Sticking more and more to tabletop and less electronic games these days.
Old August 12th, 2012, 10:56 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I learned how to use the Morrowind Construction Set editor thing tonight, so I played with that a bit. I made a trader mod in Balmora. I plan on doing a fair amount of stuff with it - forts, maybe towns or something. It's pretty fun though.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old August 15th, 2012, 06:53 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

I stayed up all night watching a two movies. Then finished downloading the Madden 13 Demo, got to playing, and got crushed 24-7 and 17-0. Boy, I must really suck at Madden.

EDIT: Just won a game 14-13.

Last edited by Sheep; August 15th, 2012 at 07:56 AM.
Old August 16th, 2012, 04:11 PM

Altron_ZERO Woo who?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I upgraded the population on all of my planets. But right now I have an overall negative tax rate. However, I do have a decent amount of metal/crystal, which I can sell to produce more trade ports.
You have an overall negative tax rate? So overall you are losing money? My only guess is that you waaaayyyyy overextended your military and researched the upgrade that lets you have more ships. I own an entire galaxy in my game and I am only on the 3rd or 4th upgrade there. Have you upgraded that at all? That makes your upkeep go up significantly.
I also recommend if youre palying advent to heavily invest in culture structures. Advent get a much better advantage when using culture, and it makes your planet population fill up much faster. Giving you a huge boost in economy. And then focus on building up a force. Also investing in defensive structures early on if you're focusing on culture is highly recommended. Phase jump inhibitors and hangar defenses will easily defend a planet from small to medium forces, and anything larger will give you more time to get to that planet to defend it.

Edit: Building additional capital ship slots doesnt hurt your economy as much as regular fleet upgrades. But I dont think Ive ever gone above 5 or 6 capital ships on a large map. Investing in a 2nd ship earlier on can have its advantages as well, its easier to take more planets and save some resources if you invest in 2 capital ships while having a smaller fleet early on.

Old August 16th, 2012, 10:24 PM

Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker

Halo: Reach

Finally got an Xbox! ()

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games