Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old October 17th, 2022, 08:19 AM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The Book of Maggia Goon

The Book of Maggia Goon

C3G MARVEL WAVE 52
CURTAIN CALL

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Invincible Iron Man set.
Its model number and name are #004 / Maggia Goon.

Character Bio - The Maggia are the worlds most powerful crime syndicate. The organization's operations are world wide, though its roots began in southern Europe during the 13th century and it spread to the USA in the 1890s. The Maggia has its hands on gambling, narcotics, loansharking, organized labor and crooked politics. - https://comicvine.gamespot.com/maggia/4060-26082/

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Maggia Goon can renew Investment Markers with its Playing The Numbers special power.
  • Instead of taking a turn, Maggia Goon can remove an Investment Marker to attack with 4 common Criminals with its Turf War special power.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by japes; April 23rd, 2023 at 09:23 AM.
Old October 17th, 2022, 08:19 AM

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Maggia Goon

NAME = MAGGIA GOON

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = COMMON HERO
CLASS = CRIMINAL
PERSONALITY = GREEDY

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 1

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 60

PLAYING THE NUMBERS
At the start of the game, place 1 black Investment Marker on this card. Then choose 3 numbers in a row. Anytime a player rolls the 20-sided die for initiative or a special power and the final result equals one of the chosen numbers, you may add 1 Investment Marker to an Army Card you control.

THE MAGGIA WAY
After revealing an Order Marker on this card or the card of a Crime Lord you control, you may either:
• take a turn with any other Maggia Goon you control after taking a turn with that figure; or
• remove an Investment Marker from an Army Card you control to take a turn with up to 3 Maggia Goon figures you control instead of that figure.
You may not take additional turns.

TURF WAR
When a Maggia Goon attacks a figure that has already been attacked this turn, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled.

Last edited by Ericth74; December 31st, 2022 at 05:52 PM.
Old October 17th, 2022, 08:20 AM

Re: The Book of Maggia Goon

Art:

Old October 17th, 2022, 10:55 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Maggia Goon - Design Phase

Really like the Art.
Old October 17th, 2022, 08:49 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Can a Maggia Goon add an Investment Marker to another Maggia Goon with Playing The Numbers?

I dig the design overall. I think 60 points will end up a bit high given their low survivability.
Old October 17th, 2022, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Can a Maggia Goon add an Investment Marker to another Maggia Goon with Playing The Numbers?

I dig the design overall. I think 60 points will end up a bit high given their low survivability.
That was the plan. I see that I need to add that to the first power.

I agree about points. I was going with Yodaking's suggestion on pricing. But definitely could drop.
Old October 18th, 2022, 12:22 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, it most certainly has the possibility to go up or down. I think I would run like 10 of them with multiple Investment Marker UH's and see how they fair. Depending on the results, adjust up or down and try some other 10x armies out. How many Investment Marker units do we have in total now?
Old October 18th, 2022, 08:10 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The Vendetta/Investment marker theme still feels like a bit of an awkward fit. Maybe the Hired Hit type of name could work there?

Current Investment marker users: Black King, Bruce Wayne, Jimmy Woo, Penguin (II).

I know a lot are planned for Maggia members like Silvermane as well.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 18th, 2022, 09:51 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Yeah, I like Hired Hit or Hit Job or whatever.

I think they might need a little oomph to make me actually want to take turns with them. A turn with two 3 Attack units isn’t getting me very far in C3Gscape, and that’s what they’re offering most of the time.

I think with the current draft I’m likely to just bring Maggia Goon x2 (so they can add Investment Markers to each other’s cards), hide them in the back with an Investment Marker Crime Lord, and use Vendetta to spam LexCorp Security attacks or something.

Looking at it agian, I’m also wondering if picking 2 numbers at the start of the game is beneficial. Doing 1 number but giving some of the Maggia members d20 abilities seems like it would ultimately feel more satisfying at the end of the day.
Old October 18th, 2022, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
The Vendetta/Investment marker theme still feels like a bit of an awkward fit. Maybe the Hired Hit type of name could work there?

Current Investment marker users: Black King, Bruce Wayne, Jimmy Woo, Penguin (II).

I know a lot are planned for Maggia members like Silvermane as well.
Lol, in my hurry to put the book together in between appointments I switched out the wrong power name with Turf War. Updating now.
Old October 18th, 2022, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Yeah, I like Hired Hit or Hit Job or whatever.

I think they might need a little oomph to make me actually want to take turns with them. A turn with two 3 Attack units isn’t getting me very far in C3Gscape, and that’s what they’re offering most of the time.
I'm open to other ideas. I did have a thought about an auto skull if the second figure attacked the same figure that the first did. That could also roll over to Turf War.

Quote:
I think with the current draft I’m likely to just bring Maggia Goon x2 (so they can add Investment Markers to each other’s cards), hide them in the back with an Investment Marker Crime Lord, and use Vendetta to spam LexCorp Security attacks or something.
They are Common Heroes so only 1 card for all of them and 1 marker, not a marker for each common Hero.

Quote:
Looking at it agian, I’m also wondering if picking 2 numbers at the start of the game is beneficial. Doing 1 number but giving some of the Maggia members d20 abilities seems like it would ultimately feel more satisfying at the end of the day.

The 5% chance of hitting feels too low. I've played too many games where Zatanna's Pick a Number power never hits, so I definitely would be against lowering it, if anything I'd rather bump it up. My original thought was to pick 3 numbers in a row to up the odds a little. I want it to hit and be a factor.
Old October 18th, 2022, 12:03 PM
C3G Landlord

I believe playing the numbers was a 3 at a time back in the day before the lotto, so it would be on theme to have you pick 3. Keeping them in a row would make it easier to remember what they are. Planning on their themed allies have a d20 power makes a lot of sense for army building. Otherwise you are relying on your opponent to have some d20 powers. That is something for another thread though. There was some interest in making Investment Markers a key role in Cobra army building, so more synergy options could be in the pipe line.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library