Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 13th, 2009, 03:03 PM

Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Un-repainting figures

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good way to remove your acrylic paint from heroscape figs you've repainted? I have a painted nerak and a set of painted EOV's, which i'm obviously not going to need here in a few months. Is there a good way to remove the paint you added without killing the original paint job?
Old August 13th, 2009, 03:06 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Un-repainting figures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirek View Post
I was wondering if anyone knew of a good way to remove your acrylic paint from heroscape figs you've repainted? I have a painted nerak and a set of painted EOV's, which i'm obviously not going to need here in a few months. Is there a good way to remove the paint you added without killing the original paint job?
Short answer.....NO

Long answer..... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Unless you used incredibly cheap paint there is no way to remove the top layer(s) of paint and leave the original one intact. Any sort of solvent you use (including regular old soap and water) will take the original paint off too. Now if you go with the milder soap and water method you may be able to salvage most of the original paint so you would just need to touch them up.
Old August 13th, 2009, 03:09 PM

Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness

might as well give mild soap and water a try... my repaints aren't that good anyway. an unpainted swog is as good as a wrongly painted swog right?
Old August 13th, 2009, 03:14 PM

Bobofdeath's Dad knows what's in an order marker Bobofdeath's Dad knows what's in an order marker Bobofdeath's Dad knows what's in an order marker

Let's see, you could repaint your repaints. Wouldn't that be like a double negative and the paints would cancel each other out.

My greatest Heroscape mistake: Thinking that Heroscape was a $40 $400 game!
Old August 13th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
An unpainted swog is as good as a wrongly painted swog right?
That reminds me of the dialogue from this Monty Python skit:

Man: 'Evening, squire!
Squire:(stiffly)Good evening.
Man:Is, uh,... Is your wife a goer, eh? Know whatahmean, know whatahmean, nudge nudge, know whatahmean, say no more?
Squire: I, uh, I beg your pardon?
Man: Your, uh, your wife, does she go, eh, does she go, eh?
Squire:(confused)I'm afraid I don't quite follow you.
Man:Follow me. Follow me. That's good, that's good! An unpainted swog is as good as a wrongly painted swog to a blind bat, right?

If you haven't seen the original skit then this makes no sense and for that I apologize. If you have seen it, then it probably still doesn't make a whole lot of sense and once again, I apologize.

Old August 13th, 2009, 03:33 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabSheila View Post
Quote:
An unpainted swog is as good as a wrongly painted swog right?
That reminds me of the dialogue from this Monty Python skit:

Man: 'Evening, squire!
Squire:(stiffly)Good evening.
Man:Is, uh,... Is your wife a goer, eh? Know whatahmean, know whatahmean, nudge nudge, know whatahmean, say no more?
Squire: I, uh, I beg your pardon?
Man: Your, uh, your wife, does she go, eh, does she go, eh?
Squire:(confused)I'm afraid I don't quite follow you.
Man:Follow me. Follow me. That's good, that's good! An unpainted swog is as good as a wrongly painted swog to a blind bat, right?

If you haven't seen the original skit then this makes no sense and for that I apologize. If you have seen it, then it probably still doesn't make a whole lot of sense and once again, I apologize.

You better hope Rev sees this when he gets back from GenCon.
Old August 13th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

You could use something that will take all the paint off, but then you'll have a monochrome figure.
Old August 13th, 2009, 06:31 PM

Troubleman23 has disabled reputation

I'VE GOT IT!!!
Repaint the old colors back onto your repainted Nerak, and it will be good as new!

If you are interested in winning free stuff, please PM me, no joke, you know you want to!
Old August 13th, 2009, 06:34 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobofdeath's Dad View Post
Let's see, you could repaint your repaints. Wouldn't that be like a double negative and the paints would cancel each other out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubleman23 View Post
I'VE GOT IT!!!
Repaint the old colors back onto your repainted Nerak, and it will be good as new!
How ...um..."original" there Troubleman. Thank godness you showed up.
Old August 13th, 2009, 10:55 PM

quadraphonic knows what's in an order marker quadraphonic knows what's in an order marker

Why not go with eBay? Not to sell them as promos, but just to sell for earning feedback? Unless you really need the hero/squad, it's probably the most painless route. You could also try the trade thread here, some folks might like pseudo-doubles of the promos for their collections and take them off your hands. If it saves them the cost of a pack, someone might go for it.

Traders! wk4c, Hilo-scaper, buttercup, omen20154, Nikkomon, Southwest Ninja, Mutt Lo, rudyvalentine, JRandall, neo0149, Generalgina, Gromazeka, CheddarLimbo, Mossman, Just_a_Bill, rouby44, Cavalier
Old August 13th, 2009, 10:59 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hey, here's a crazy idea... Why don't you just keep your repaints and not buy the new booster to replace them?

Old August 13th, 2009, 11:18 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Hey, here's a crazy idea... Why don't you just keep your repaints and not buy the new booster to replace them?
You do realize you are posting this on a heroscape forum, right?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion