Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old May 3rd, 2008, 10:04 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Sherman Davies' Maps - Orm's Canyon

Since the big changeover in which all my old maps were lost, it's taken me a while to re-learn the whole map posting process. On the bright side, it's given me a chance to start over and only upload and post the maps I'm more proud of (my last threads had some real clunkers).

Anyway, this is my thread for maps containing two or more Master Sets. New maps will be added to this first post. Input and feedback is, as always, much appreciated.

AMON HEN - 3 RotV, 2 RttFF
A map loosely based on Amon Hen in Lord of the Rings, the battle which breaks up the Fellowship of the Ring. It was designed for a specific scenario, hence the weird start zones.

BROOKLYN VS. MANHATTAN - 2 RotV, 2 RttFF

This is a map designed to reflect the differences between New York City's two largest boroughs, the stone and concrete Manhattan and the greener, hillier Brooklyn. The river is the East River and the bridges are, obviously, the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges.

MOGDELL'S BRIDGE - 2 RotV, 2 RttFF
This one is one of my favorites. I wanted a map with a prominent bridge, but not one that the opposing sides needed to cross to get at each other. Rather, the bridge is a way to get from one flank to the other. I like that a player has to choose between taking the road to the bridge or crossing the river and then climbing the island in the middle.

NORTHAM KEEP - 2 RotV, 2 RttFF, 1 FotA
I'd never seen a castle with water running through it, so I designed a map that incorporated that concept. The map's backstory is that sappers have dug tunnels through the keep's walls, allowing water to flow inside.

ORM'S CANYON - 4 RotV, 2 RttFF, 1 FotA
My nickname for this one is Snakes and Ladders.

STONEGATE DAM - 3 RotV, 1 SotM, 2 RttFF, 1 FotA, 1 TJ
This has been one of my more popular maps among my group of 'Scapers over the years.

TOWER OF LONDON - 4 RotV, 4 RttFF, 1 FotA
A map based on the Tower of London.

Last edited by Sherman Davies; March 25th, 2024 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Added new map
Old May 4th, 2008, 10:44 PM
Forum Moderator

ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Sherman Davies' 2+ MS Maps

I really like Mogdell's Bridge and am especially interested in Stonegate Dam. How does it play? I think I'm going to build it right now haha, I'll definitely have to try to play that one next time I have friends over. Good stuff, man!

Guess who's back, back again? Chilli's back. Tell Skahen.
Old May 5th, 2008, 08:25 AM

miniandmee7 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Great map

If chocolate chip cookies are made out of chocolate chips...what are girl scout cookies made of?

If vegetabale oil is made out of vegetables...what is baby oil made of?
Old May 5th, 2008, 08:37 AM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilliDog View Post
I really like Mogdell's Bridge and am especially interested in Stonegate Dam. How does it play?
Believe it or not, you'll have to tell me; I've never played it, and now that I have a third RotV I'm working on a Stonegate 2.0 that uses a third MS. I've never played Mogdell's Bridge either.

Thanks for the feedback guys! I hope you have fun on them.
Old May 15th, 2008, 02:55 PM

Okay, I finished work on Stonegate Dam 2.0, which not only uses my new third RotV set but also an optional Ticalla Jungle (TJ) terrain set. I'm planning on having it be the map my group plays on next time we meet, but that may not be until Wave 8, Aquilla's Alliance and Ticalla Jungle come out in another month. So if anyone gets to play it before me, please lemme know how it plays. I tried to improve the gameplay over the original as well as just making it bigger. Anyway, here it is:

Stonegate Dam 2.0

Last edited by Sherman Davies; May 15th, 2008 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Edited for grammar.
Old May 15th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Forum Moderator

ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby!

Wow, even better. I'm DEFINITELY going to have to play this map sometime this summer. Good work!

Guess who's back, back again? Chilli's back. Tell Skahen.
Old May 28th, 2008, 02:23 AM

Unomas is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Is Mogdell's Bridge a four player map? It looks like both starting zones are on the same side of the map. On the other hand it looks as if the same starting zones exist on the opposite side.

I have a four player game coming up this weekend and I was wondering if that map could be played with four people.

Also, I played Brooklyn vs Manhattan last week and it was awesome. We had a great time with it. I like those semi-smaller symmetrical maps. Keep up the great work and thanks for the designs!
Old May 29th, 2008, 11:27 PM

Thanks for the input, Unomas. I've always wondered about the playability of Brooklyn vs. Manhattan; it was designed with theme as a bigger priority than balance. I've also worried that the two bridges would make for obvious choke points and a boring game.

As for Mogdell's Bridge, it's designed for either two players or four players in two teams. Sorry the angle of the picture makes it unclear. Funny that you're thinking of playing it this weekend - I'll be playing it for the first time tomorrow myself. Good luck to both of us!
Old May 30th, 2008, 01:15 AM

Unomas is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

The theme was good and I don't think that it had a negative impact on the gameplay. I won big and lost big on both sides of the map.

I built it twice on seperate nights. Good times. Thanks again.
Old April 8th, 2009, 11:41 PM

Fluff Daddy Woo who?

For some reason, the text won't print and/or appear on my PDF for the Dam (v. 1) - anyway you can send the text to me?

--
mark (aka pastor guy)

"We are men of action, lies do not become us."
The Princess Bride
Old April 9th, 2009, 12:47 AM

Sure, the flavor text is:

Stonegate Dam once served to divert the Tiresia River away from Kyrie towns in nearby Stonegate Valley. However, war has driven the inhabitants of these towns away from their homes and the care of the dam has been neglected. Now the waters below the dam have turned dank and fetid, perfect for a new breeding ground for Utgar's loyal Marro forces. Utgar sends warriors to secure the dam, but allied spies learn of his plan and get word back to their generals, who are determined not to let the dam fall into Utgar's hands.

Stonegate Dam is designed for two players and requires 2 RotV Master Sets, 1 SotM Master Set, 2 RttFF Terrain Sets and 1 FotA Terrain Set.
Old April 9th, 2009, 08:21 AM

karl with a k knows what's in an order marker karl with a k knows what's in an order marker

Mogdells bridge looks just like one of my maps that I made. Except a lot bigger. I had a bridge go over water just like that.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios