Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old September 9th, 2006, 03:03 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Heroscape Pop Quiz, Hotshots!

There was a similar thread to this back on HQ, but I thought it high time to do a new one given that most, if not all, of the answers have changed in the wake of Wave 4, 4.5, 5, Castles, etc.

Here goes....puzzle them out, and I'll be back with the answers later in the day. Try to answer without looking at your cards!

A few tips and hints before we start:
-Pay close attention to my wordings...I phrase things very precisely for a reason.
-Any legal map configuration, no matter how unlikely, may be used to solve these questions unless stated otherwise. Assume that a map may be of infinite size.
-Any dice result or series of results, no matter how improbable, is legal unless stated otherwise. Assume that an infinite number of dice are available to the player to physically roll.
-Assume that all actions must be legal during a game that follows the current Master Game rules and official FAQ info.
-Glyphs are barred from all answers unless stated otherwise.
-For purposes of this quiz, a Heroscape army (defined as all players on a team) may include one and only one of each unique, but infinite numbers of any and all commons.
-An "activation" will be defined as the use of one numbered order marker.
-All questions may be answered using all Heroscape items released as of September 2006....for purposes of these questions that will be defined as the Master Set, Waves 1 through 5, Wave 2.5, Wave 4.5, Nerak, Sir Hawthrone, EOVs, Castles, and Lava (Lava shipped as an exclusive, so for purposes of this quiz it will not be considered Wave 2.5). No Marvel Legends items are legal for responses.
-Unless otherwise stated, please define your answers fully, listing all figures and terrain situations needed to achieve the answer.

Onward!

1. What is the most defense dice that can be rolled in one roll?

2. What is the most attack dice that can be rolled in one roll....
A. ....for a melee attack?
B. ....for a ranged attack?

3. What is the greatest number of spaces a figure can move during one activation....
A. ....allowing for d20 based luck?
B. ....WITHOUT using the d20 in any way?

4. Lighting Round! Without peeking, which cards have the highest unmodified base stat value in each of the following categories?
A. Life?
B. Move?
C. Range?
D. Attack?
E. Defense?
F. Points?
G. Height?

5. What is the greatest number of different figures that can be moved in one activation....

6. What is the greatest number of figures that can take a full turn (move and attack) in one activation....

7. What is the greatest number of attack rolls that can be made in one activation....

8. What is the greatest number of figures that can be attacked with one roll of the attack dice?

9. Which figures are capable of destroying an unwounded door with one attack roll and how?

10. How many female figures are in the game, assuming one includes all items from Wave 6?

11. How many African-American human figures are in the game, assuming one includes all items from Wave 6?

12. What are the three most repeated special powers or abilities? As in, which three are found on the most cards?

13. Which cards can destroy your opponent's figures on his/her turn without using a passing swipe?

14. What three cards are representations of actual historical individuals?

15. Final Question....Bonus Speed Lightning Round! Without peeking, how many cards fall into each of the following categories?
A. Follow Einar?
B. Follow Vydar?
C. Follow Ullar?
D. Follow Jandar?
E. Follow Utgar?
F. From Earth?
G. From Grut?
H. From Icaria?
I. From Alpha Prime?
J. From Marr?
K. From Feylund?
L. From Valhalla?
M. Released in the original Master Set?
N. Released in Wave One?
O. Released in Wave Two?
P. Released in Wave Three?
Q. Released in Wave Four?
R. Released in Wave Five?
S. Released in Wave 2.5?
T. Released in Wave 4.5?

For the final two questions, you may also include all "classic Heroscape" items shown at Gencon 2006.
U. Released as exclusives to conventions or stores?
V. Released in Wave 6?
Old September 9th, 2006, 03:55 PM

theats has disabled reputation
um.. i got nothing.

Theophilus.
Old September 9th, 2006, 04:03 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by theats
um.. i got nothing.
Wow...nothing?

The first couple are the hardest, I'll grant you that....they take some spatial figuring. Think three-dimensionally.
Old September 9th, 2006, 04:07 PM

bluekitsune13 has disabled reputation
From what you meant about an army including 1 of each unique, did that mean only 1 Thorgrim for example for this team, or can you pretend you have other teammates playing on your side, each with their own Thorgrim? I interpreted it as the former, so only 1 of every unique is used in my responces (As if there was only a 1v1 game).

1. What is the most defense dice that can be rolled in one roll? 14 I believe if you have DW9k with an extreme height advantage for +2, another +2 with Raeling, and then a +1 for having Thorgrim nearby.

A. ....for a melee attack? 12 by Jotun if he had an extreme height advantage +2, Finn nearby +1, and Taelord +1.
B. ....for a ranged attack? 7 by DW9k if it had extreme height +2, and Taelord +1.

3. What is the greatest number of spaces a figure can move during one activation....
A. ....allowing for d20 based luck? Infinate using any unit with Berserker charge or Frenzy.
B. ....WITHOUT using the d20 in any way? 25 spaces if you use Deathrevers. They move 6 spaces, then attack one of them 4 times to move an additional 16 spaces, then add in 3 more for the road bonus.

4. Lighting Round! Without peeking, which cards have the highest unmodified base stat value in each of the following categories?
A. Life? Charos at 9
B. Move? Swog Rider or Me Burq Sa
C. Range? Deadeye Dan with 10
D. Attack? Jotun with 8
E. Defense? DW 9k with 9
F. Points? Jotun again, with 225 point.
G. Height? Braxas or Su Bak Na at 13 I think.

5. What is the greatest number of different figures that can be moved in one activation....
A. ....allowing for d20 based luck? Infinate using frenzying Vipers or elves.
B. ....WITHOUT using the d20 in any way? 12 by using the Deathreavers. Move 4 of them, then attack each other 4 more times to move 8 more Deathreavers.

6. What is the greatest number of figures that can take a full turn (move and attack) in one activation....
A. ....allowing for d20 based luck? Infinate using Frenzing Vipers or Elves.
B. ....WITHOUT using the d20 in any way? 5, by using a 4 man squad with a bonded hero (like Alistair and the MacDirks for example.

7. What is the greatest number of attack rolls that can be made in one activation....
A. ....allowing for d20 based luck? Infinate again with Vipers or elves.
B. ....WITHOUT using the d20 in any way? 6 by using Alistair, and having him overextend. Then attack with 4 of his MacDirks.

8. What is the greatest number of figures that can be attacked with one roll of the attack dice? If there are multiple overhangs with small figures inside, and you use Mimring's Fire Line attack, then maybe 20 or so. No way to really test that myself.

9. Which figures are capable of destroying an unwounded door with one attack roll and how? Jotun if he had a friendly Finn, Taelord, and height. It would all together be 11 attack, and with 1 subtracted by the door's reinforced defence, he could possibily destroy it in one hit.

10. How many female figures are in the game, assuming one includes all items from Wave 6? 13 - 1 Krav Agent, 1 Ninja of Northern Wind, Raelin, Saylind, Kelda, 3 Warriors of Ashra, 3 Nakita Agents, Sudema, Braxas. Those are all the obviously female figures, as I'm not sure if we could determine any soulborg's gender.

11. How many African-American human figures are in the game, assuming one includes all items from Wave 6? 3 - Agent Carr, a Krav Agent, and a Microcorp Agent.

12. What are the three most repeated special powers or abilities? As in, which three are found on the most cards? Counterstrike - 4 units, Frenzy - 2 units, and Human Champion Bonding - 2 units.

13. Which cards can destroy your opponent's figures on his/her turn without using a passing swipe? Counterstrike I think is the only one.

14. What three cards are representations of actual historical individuals? Parmenio, Crixus, and Sparticus.

15. Final Question....Bonus Speed Lightning Round! Without peeking, how many cards fall into each of the following categories?
A. Follow Einar? 9
B. Follow Vydar? 12
C. Follow Ullar? 13
D. Follow Jandar? 18
E. Follow Utgar? 24
F. From Earth? 23
G. From Grut? 6
H. From Icaria? 4
I. From Alpha Prime? 9
J. From Marr? 11
K. From Feylund? 9
L. From Valhalla? 9
M. Released in the original Master Set? 14
N. Released in Wave One? 11
O. Released in Wave Two? 10
P. Released in Wave Three? 10
Q. Released in Wave Four? 10
R. Released in Wave Five? 10
S. Released in Wave 2.5? 7
T. Released in Wave 4.5? 6

For the final two questions, you may also include all "classic Heroscape" items shown at Gencon 2006.
U. Released as exclusives to conventions or stores? 5 with EOV, Nerak, Hawthorne, Lava, and the Flag bearers.
V. Released in Wave 6? 10 cards together, counting the zombies as 1.

Phew, that was a lot of work. I really had to wrack my brain for that.

Old September 9th, 2006, 04:10 PM

theats has disabled reputation
your defence is off, you forgot glyphs.

Theophilus.
Old September 9th, 2006, 04:30 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Heroscape Pop Quiz, Hotshots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
1. What is the most defense dice that can be rolled in one roll?
Off the top of my head, I'll put one example out there:
DW9000 on a high castle (+2 defense) next to Raelin (+2) and Thorgrim (+1) = 14 Defense dice, not including Glyphs
I'm sure someone can get him higher, but that's a first quick iteration
(an interesting point is that the Sentinels can easily get over that EFFECTIVELY, with their doubled shields and Raelin + super-height + Thorgrim = 9 Defense dice x 2 = 18 effective shields

Quote:
A. ....for a melee attack?
B. ....for a ranged attack?
Melee = Jotun ( + Finn (+1) + Taelord (+1) + height (+1) = 11 Attack dice (can't get super-height or he wouldn;t be adjacent)

Ranged is ****ing sick, cause the Blastatrons get +1 for each Vydar soulborg figure adjacent to a figure, so if you just plop a ton of them around Braxas (the tallest 2-space figure @ 13 height) that's 8 on each level, and with a Blastatron being the shortest Vydar Soulborg (@ Height 4), I think with shelves nearby @ Height of -3, 2, 7, and 12 and 17 there could be 5 levels of them, so that'd be..... 8 times 5 = 40 adjacent figures, + their base attack of 2 + super-height (+2) + Taelord (+1) = 45 attack dice. 4 attacks of 45. :blech:

Quote:
With luck, the Tarns can go infinite
without luck, it's the danged Warmadillos that can go 22 spaces I think is the tally in one activation (as I remember from my calculations).

4. Lighting Round!
Man, I type too slow, and have too many distractions at home to be able to get these up first, I see - I can't believe that took me over 25 minutes just to get that far, with interruptions.
Old September 9th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!
The times you can roll attack die is infinate w/o d20. DW8k. There's an african-american Nikita. And Ki Mo Shi and probably some others (Kyries I think) from wave six are female too.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old September 9th, 2006, 04:43 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluekitsune13
A. ....for a melee attack? 12 by Jotun if he had an extreme height advantage +2, Finn nearby +1, and Taelord +1.
Can't include super-height advantage for Jotun since he only has Range of 1 and has to stay adjacent, IIRC.

Quote:
B. ....WITHOUT using the d20 in any way? 12 by using the Deathreavers. Move 4 of them, then attack each other 4 more times to move 8 more Deathreavers.
The Blastatrons can move 16 by moving the 4 Gladiatrons and then firing on 4 Deathreavers thereby moving 8 of them.
Quote:
Flawed question - many of them can not be answered without peeking.
Old September 9th, 2006, 05:11 PM

jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker
jcb231 awainting your answer, I wrote my awnsers down to much to type so i'll wait then fire with marcus adj. & tealord w/ extreme height, extreme defense I tought it didn't exist, tealord give +2 attack anyway if jotun has so called extreme defense he is not adjadcent to attacker
Old September 9th, 2006, 05:21 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
Quote:
B. ....for a ranged attack? 7 by DW9k if it had extreme height +2, and Taelord +1.
Theoretically, couldn't DW8K be put up to 8 with finns dead aura?
Old September 9th, 2006, 05:29 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
From what you meant about an army including 1 of each unique, did that mean only 1 Thorgrim for example for this team, or can you pretend you have other teammates playing on your side, each with their own Thorgrim? I interpreted it as the former, so only 1 of every unique is used in my responces (As if there was only a 1v1 game).
Yes. I shall go back and clarify to "one unique per game" just to keep things simple.

Quote:
1. What is the most defense dice that can be rolled in one roll? 14 I believe if you have DW9k with an extreme height advantage for +2, another +2 with Raeling, and then a +1 for having Thorgrim nearby.
Incorrect. Higher! DW9K is perhaps the easiest way to actually get a double digits defense roll in a game, but there is a very unlikely way to roll even higher than 14. I'll give you a hint....it does not involve any Soulborgs. It does however involve just about the most unlikely board arrangement you would ever come across.

Quote:
Incorrect....sorry. Melee can be MUCH higher than that. Think of who boosts who.

For ranged, heroes are not the way to go. Think squaddies, think double-digits.

Quote:
A. ....allowing for d20 based luck? Infinate using any unit with Berserker charge or Frenzy.
B. ....WITHOUT using the d20 in any way? 25 spaces if you use Deathrevers. They move 6 spaces, then attack one of them 4 times to move an additional 16 spaces, then add in 3 more for the road bonus.
Infinite is correct. Any figure that has Berserker, Frenzy, Scatter, or Dissappearing Ninja may move an infinite number of spaces during one activation if every roll worked out just perfectly. Of course, to get infinite scatter or ninja rolls you'd have to also be getting infinite frenzy rolls to keep attacking them and causing them to move.

Without using the d20 you are also correct. Nice work! That was a tricky one!

Quote:
A. Life? Charos at 9
B. Move? Swog Rider or Me Burq Sa
C. Range? Deadeye Dan with 10
D. Attack? Jotun with 8
E. Defense? DW 9k with 9
F. Points? Jotun again, with 225 point.
G. Height? Braxas or Su Bak Na at 13 I think.
For Life, you are correct...sort of. The highest life value on any card is 10, for the door. You got the highest figure value though.

For move, you are correct....just add in Nerak.

Range, attack, points, and defense are all correct.

Height is correct, just drop Su-bak-na....he's shorter than 13.

He passes the lightning round folks!

Quote:
A. ....allowing for d20 based luck? Infinate using frenzying Vipers or elves.
Infinite is correct....any figure with frenzy or scatter. To get the infinite scatter, you'd have to also get an infinite frenzy.

Without using the d20 you are incorrect. The answer uses deathreavers, but the actual order marker must be placed on another card. The answer is higher than 12....much higher.

Quote:
A. ....allowing for d20 based luck? Infinate using Frenzing Vipers or Elves.
B. ....WITHOUT using the d20 in any way? 5, by using a 4 man squad with a bonded hero (like Alistair and the MacDirks for example.
Infinite again! Correct. Any figure with frenzy.

Without the d20 you are also correct. The best way to do it would be to use Knights or MacDirks to bond with Alastair....you'd be taking turns with five figures but getting a sixth turn with Alastair by overextending.

Quote:
A. ....allowing for d20 based luck? Infinate again with Vipers or elves.
B. ....WITHOUT using the d20 in any way? 6 by using Alistair, and having him overextend. Then attack with 4 of his MacDirks.
Infinite again! It's the answer to everything! DW8K could be used to make an insane number of attacks if everything was set up absolutely perfectly, but perfect Frenzy rolls are the only way to get a truly infinite number.

Without using the d20 you are incorrect, sorry. You aren't even close. Think double digits, and don't use Macdirks of any sort.

Quote:
8. What is the greatest number of figures that can be attacked with one roll of the attack dice? If there are multiple overhangs with small figures inside, and you use Mimring's Fire Line attack, then maybe 20 or so. No way to really test that myself.
I'll give this to you. You picked the right figure and the right situation, but didn't take it far enough. The answer is very hard to calculate. For purposes of the game it might as well be infinite. Imagine overhangs extending up as far as the eye can see, with small parts of the target figure jutting out of each one.

Quote:
9. Which figures are capable of destroying an unwounded door with one attack roll and how?
This is a tricky one, as the attacker would need to roll enough dice to get rid of 10 life while overcoming the reinforced defense. It's possible though....very very possilbe, with lots of figures.

Quote:
10. How many female figures are in the game, assuming one includes all items from Wave 6? 13 - 1 Krav Agent, 1 Ninja of Northern Wind, Raelin, Saylind, Kelda, 3 Warriors of Ashra, 3 Nakita Agents, Sudema, Braxas. Those are all the obviously female figures, as I'm not sure if we could determine any soulborg's gender.
Just lift up the Soulborg's skirt!

There are 15 clearly defined as female if one includes wave six, as specified. You got all but Kee-mo-shi and one Aubrien Archer....poor Aubrien...everyone always forgets her when tallying up the ladies.

Quote:
11. How many African-American human figures are in the game, assuming one includes all items from Wave 6? 3 - Agent Carr, a Krav Agent, and a Microcorp Agent.
You forgot the lovely Miss Foxy Brown, of the Nakita Agents.

Quote:
12. What are the three most repeated special powers or abilities? As in, which three are found on the most cards? Counterstrike - 4 units, Frenzy - 2 units, and Human Champion Bonding - 2 units.
Incorrect....fly over and count 'em up again.

Frenzy is found on three units, by the way.

Quote:
13. Which cards can destroy your opponent's figures on his/her turn without using a passing swipe? Counterstrike I think is the only one.
Any card with counterstrike will do, but don't forget the Nakita Agents. They can destroy a figure that enters their engagement if they roll well.

Quote:
14. What three cards are representations of actual historical individuals? Parmenio, Crixus, and Sparticus.
Bingo! You got it. Glad to see you knew Crixus was a real person. Folks often overlook him.

Quote:
Phew, that was a lot of work. I really had to wrack my brain for that.
That's the idea! Pretty good on the second lightning round....you were off on a lot but pretty close at least.
Old September 9th, 2006, 05:34 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by theats
your defence is off, you forgot glyphs.
I said no glyphs.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion