Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old November 17th, 2019, 09:31 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Public Design Workshop

What about something like this?
Quote:
When rolling for initiative, add 2 to your roll for each Order Marker on this card. If there are no Order Markers on this card, instead subtract 6 from your roll.
Old November 17th, 2019, 09:34 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I like that. Encourages you to at least drop 1 OM his way.
Old November 24th, 2019, 02:44 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I very much want him to be a potential JLer, because Lex actually was in the JL pretty close to this era. But I also think that making him a slightly questionable pick for the team is both fun and thematic. Make it so the JL can wrangle some of his more negative elements (Batman can modify his S-I role, and Supes can move him out of engagement so he can repair) and he’s both viable as a JL pick but also a bit pricklier than your average member. Or at least that’s the theory.
That's an excellent argument. I'm not familiar with him but that comic image looks pretty cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I just don't like having to remember to roll the d20 at the start of every single player turn, then when it 'hits' I'm disappointed that I can't do what I was planning on doing with that OM reveal. It's a chore I don't want to do, with the only result being a negative experience.
My biggest hangup as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Making it part of the initiative certainly would make it less of a chore. I could see a new riff on self-importance where, if you roll 1-3/4/5 on initiative, an opponent can move 1 OM from any card in your army to the card with the special power on it. Similar to how Iron Patriot works I suppose. Then it maxes out a 1 disruption per round and doesn't require any upkeep.
Iron Patriot was my instant thought when I saw him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
HUMANITY'S SAVIOR
While Lex Luthor is on the battlefield:
• add three to your initiative roll for each Order Marker on this Army Card
• if you lose initiative, the player who won initiative may chose one Army Card you control and remove one unrevealed Order Marker from the chosen card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
What about something like this?
Quote:
When rolling for initiative, add 2 to your roll for each Order Marker on this card. If there are no Order Markers on this card, instead subtract 6 from your roll.
What about keeping the idea of SI intact

Quote:
Add 1 to your initiative for each OM on this card. If you do not win initiative and roll a 6 or lower, the player who won initiative may chose one Army Card you control and move one unrevealed Order Marker from the chosen card and place it on this card.
The more OM on his card the less likely he jumps the gun.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 27th, 2019, 10:13 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

NAME = JOKER
SECRET IDENTITY = ???

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = EMPEROR
PERSONALITY = INSANE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 15

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

HIS ONE WEAKNESS
At the start of the game before Order Markers are placed, place a 200 point Batman figure adjacent to any opponent’s figure, and give control of that Batman to that opponent. At the end of any round, if that Batman is destroyed, you must remove all wound markers from its card and place that Batman adjacent to any opponent’s figure and give control of that Batman to that opponent.

JOKER’S WILD 6
Joker may cast spells as if he had the Magical Defense special power. Before attacking, you may choose a small or medium figure within 6 clear sight spaces of Joker and roll the 20-sided die. On a roll of 6 or higher you may do one of the following:
  • Move the chosen figure up to 4 spaces, during which it does not take any leaving engagement attacks.
  • Inflict a wound on the chosen figure.
  • Remove an Order Marker at random from the figure’s card.
You may only choose each option only once per round.

LAUGH IT OFF
When Joker would receive two or more wounds from a normal adjacent attack, you may instead place one Wound Marker on this card and the attacking figure's turn immediately ends.

————————
Joker became Emperor Joker when Mr. Mxyzptlk accidentally gave him 99% of his power. Emperor Joker was effectively a god, bending reality and making lots of trouble for Superman. Emperor Joker was only defeated because he could never erase Batman from existance (because Joker defined himself by his relationship with Batman). It's a goofy story but there's a mini and I felt the Batman relationship could make for a fun mechanic.

Spoiler Alert!

Suggested changes: Change species to Entity to match Mxyzptlk. Remove the Batman stuff and add something else goofy. Make Joker's Wild always happen but it's random.

Last edited by Arch-vile; December 19th, 2020 at 01:04 AM.
Old November 27th, 2019, 11:25 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Cool draft!

I know it's kind of the marquee power, but I'm not sure if His One Weakness works. What if that opponent already has a Batman? It would mess up SI rules. Maybe you could just include a line that allows for 2 Batmen, but what about this as an alternative?
Quote:
HIS ONE WEAKNESS
At the start of the game before Order Markers are placed, choose an opponent's Unique Hero. If an opponent controls Batman, the chosen Unique Hero must be Batman. At the end of any round, if your chosen Unique Hero is destroyed, you must remove all wound markers from its card and place that Unique Hero adjacent to any opponent’s figure.
My only worry there is that it pushes you to pick the weakest opponent's figure possible. Semi-thematic, but potentially less exciting.

Not really sure if he needs Magical Defense, seeing as he's not magical in the traditional sense. Laugh It Off is a fantastic ability, maybe he could have a souped-up variant of that?
Old November 27th, 2019, 11:50 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Eh, the Batman thing was the fun part of this draft IMO. I figured since armies were already drafted SI rules wouldn't matter, but we can just add a line that allows for 2 Bruce Waynes if it's an issue.

I liked the idea of Magical Defense for the spells (he does some wacky stuff in the story, so having spells as a wide way to represent his abilities felt nice), but Laugh It Off is a really cool power that would be great on an Event Hero. That's a good idea to reuse it here.
Old November 28th, 2019, 08:29 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Cool write up. Griff had one somewhere that let you field multiple Jokers.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 7th, 2019, 12:37 PM
Archie

NAME = BATZARRO
SECRET IDENTITY = WAYNE BRUCE

SPECIES = HTRAEIN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = VIGILANTE
PERSONALITY = LAZY

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 140

THE WORLD’S WORST DETECTIVE
At the start of each round, after Order Markers are placed and before initiative is rolled, you must choose an opponent’s Order Marker and look at it. If it is an “X” Order Marker, that opponent may immediately move Batzarro up to 4 spaces.

BIZARRO UTILITY BELT 3
At the start of the game, after Order Markers are placed and before initiative is rolled, you may place up to three Utility Equipment Glyphs of different types on this card. Batzarro can equip a Utility Equipment Glyph even if there are other Utility Equipment Glyphs on this card, up to a maximum of 3. Batzarro cannot lose these glyphs by receiving wounds unless he is destroyed. Before using any Equipment Glyph, Batzarro must roll the 20-sided die. On a roll of 15 or higher, place a wound marker on this card and Batzarro cannot use any Equipment Glyphs for the rest of that player turn.

-------------------
Batzarro, naturally is a twist on the Batman designs. The Utility Belt means he's prepared for anything but it can backfire. The World's Worst Detective allows you to gain some information, but picking the wrong clue sends Batzarro off in the wrong direction.
Old December 7th, 2019, 12:43 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Nice! Here's what I had:

Quote:

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Justice League set.
Its model number and name are #039 / Batzarro.

NAME = BATZARRO
SECRET IDENTITY = WAYNE BRUCE

SPECIES = HTRAEIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ADVERSARY
PERSONALITY = CONFUSED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 180?

BLAZING GUNS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 3.
After attacking with this special attack, if you did not roll 2 or more blanks, you may attack again. You may continue attacking until you roll 2 or more blanks in a single attack, to a maximum of 4 attacks per turn.

DAYLIGHT STRIKE 15
After an opponent's figure rolls defense dice against a normal attack from Batzarro, roll the 20-sided die. Subtract 1 from your roll if Batzarro is occupying a shadow space. If you roll 15 or higher, the defending figure receives one wound.

FUTILITY BELT
At the end of the round, if there is an Equipment Glyph on this card, you must immediately place that glyph on any empty space within 1 space of Batzarro. If the glyph cannot be placed, it is destroyed.

-----------------------------------

Bio - Created by the Joker in the style of Bizarro, Batzarro is the opposite of Batman in every way. The trigger-happy, self-proclaimed "world's worst detective" has been known to commit crimes and then fail to solve them. His Bizarro speech pattern makes it unclear whether he considers himself friend or foe to the Dark Knight.
Old December 7th, 2019, 03:00 PM
Archie

I like that take on him, very cool. Futility Belt is a great power name.
Old December 7th, 2019, 03:46 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like the Futility Belt name as well! Fwiw, here's what I'd go with, for fun, on the belt:

FUTILITY BELT
At the start of the game, after Order Markers are placed and before initiative is rolled, you must place three random Utility Equipment Glyphs of different types on this card. Batzarro can equip a Utility Equipment Glyph even if there are other Utility Equipment Glyphs on this card, up to a maximum of 3. At the end of the round, if there is an Equipment Glyph on this card, you must immediately place that glyph on any empty space within 1 space of Batzarro. If the glyph cannot be placed, it is destroyed.

I like the idea that he tries to prepare and could end up with random, inappropriate stuff like Scuba Gear or Shark Spray when he would want a Bat-Line or Smoke Bomb instead.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 7th, 2019, 03:51 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

How do you randomly generate that?
Love the idea, though!
Also, spoilers, chap.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy